Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, if we handle Bama in convincing fashion what does this do
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

So, if we handle Bama in convincing fashion what does this do

Dec 29, 2017, 10:03 PM

to the committee's head? Coupled with Ohio St destroying USC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing. The hay is in the barn, as they say.***

Dec 29, 2017, 10:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The frost is on the pumpkin.***

Dec 30, 2017, 11:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, if we handle Bama in convincing fashion what does this do

Dec 29, 2017, 10:05 PM

That would have them confused two ways til Sunday. I’m guessing they may have taken the 31-0 game last year into consideration

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Dec 29, 2017, 10:07 PM

Yep.

Dec 29, 2017, 10:36 PM [ in reply to Re: So, if we handle Bama in convincing fashion what does this do ]

It was that and what Iowa/OU did to them this year.

Bama's resume was not worthy.

If it was my call I would have Wisconsin in. What is different than them losing their last game like Bama? What is different about a non champion Wisconsin? They let Ohio St in like so last year and Bama this year. Plus, there was a pass interference that was not called on Ohio St with around 2 minutes to go on the play where holding was callled on Wisconsin. Penalties should have offset and replay the down. Wisconsin was on Ohio St's 40ish yardline 6 points down and could not overcome the 1st and 20.

Considering Bama vs Ohio St and not Wisconsin is where the committee dropped the ball, imo.

Dec 30, 2017, 10:21 AM

They could not let Wisconsin in after that joke of a schedule. Would have been the wrong precedent to set. They have to schedule 2 big OOC games until the BIG west gets better. They got beat by the only strong team they played. Thus they got eliminated.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama should have never been in, but this game

Dec 29, 2017, 10:06 PM

is not so much OSU dominating ,rather USC showing that the PAC12 has no place near the Playoff. They're gift wrapping the Bucknuts a belated Christmac gift.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bama should have never been in, but this game

Dec 29, 2017, 10:13 PM

I think USC is not as good as the media wants to portray. Hence, the score of their game versus ND. Also, Stanford would be the PAC Champions if the officials call that 4th and goal correctly. USC is making Ohio St look good, imo.

Dec 29, 2017, 10:21 PM

^^^ this ^^^

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2017, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Bama should have never been in, but this game ]

It was the same last year. Look at how bad Bama beat USC last year. Then USC gets into PAC 12 play and everyone kept going on over how they were the hottest team in the country. If USC doesn't come back to win this game, the PAC 12 will drop to 1-7 in bowls this season with the only win being by Utah over a beat up WV team.

Dec 29, 2017, 10:38 PM

PAC12 is bad, but ESPN gotta keep they’re ratings up on the west coast.

Dec 29, 2017, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Bama should have never been in, but this game ]

Yep, a lot of playing no one outside the conference, with a split of USC/Stanford vs ND, who is overrrated, too.

The had to put someone in it.***

Dec 30, 2017, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Bama should have never been in, but this game ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2017, 11:42 PM

It's not the committee's heads that I am wondering about.

No, I am pondering the image of old Nick's head when that comes to fruition. Saban's head just might pop like a balloon struck with a sharp needle. There is a reason that ole Nick is cracking the thunderstick and not strolling around whistling Dixie.

Yeah, Nick has the most to lose come Monday night. This isn't about Alabama anymore. This is Saban's armor that encases ole Nick's legacy. Nick is as tight as a virgin bum hole fresh to prison, and just as nervous.

Dabo has already put a chink in his armor and is now out to completely shatter it. Dabo is about to strike a nerve and Nick is about to burst a vein.

Well, I do wonder about the heads of the committee. Nick just might put out a hit on a few, just because they sent him out on a kamikaze mission.

If I were a committee member, I would sleep with one eye open after Monday night.

Dec 30, 2017, 12:22 AM

Nick begged for this and I hope this is one of those "be careful what you wish for(s)" gone bad.

Dec 30, 2017, 1:26 AM

The words coming out of ole Nick's mouth aren't the same as the words that are in his heart of hearts.

No sir, his heart is begging his ego to shut up. His ego is writing a check that his butt can't cash. His cheeks know what time it is and they're braced for incoming.

Saban's legacy is firmly in the guillotine and Clemson is the sharp blade about to drop like an anvil. It's going to go bad alright. It's going to be a bloody mess for Alabama.

Conference champions will get preferential treatment

Dec 30, 2017, 12:35 AM

As they should

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Conference champions will get preferential treatment

Dec 30, 2017, 12:43 AM

^^^Cosign

It won't mean anything, nor should it.

Dec 30, 2017, 1:04 AM

You can't make broad "policy" decisions based on one result. Just look at the two Auburn - UGA games. What kind of conclusions did everyone draw after the first meeting?

Dec 30, 2017, 10:24 AM

Knowing the "pundits", it means even if we win the CFP this year, O310 could be ranked ahead of us in mid January. And without a doubt we will be pre-season ranked behind both Bama and O310.

Dec 30, 2017, 11:29 AM

That's just the way Dabo Iikes it. It makes his job of keeping the teams ego on a even keel that much easier. Heck, the media does most of the work in that department.

Nick is sick from being jealous. I would bet a buffalo nickle on that. He just went on a rampage about the media feeding his teams ego "rat poison ".

Saban would love to embrace the underdog role against Clemson. He just can't. The media won't let it happen.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic