Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Sunday night update: No letdown
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 3,769

New Story: Sunday night update: No letdown

Nov 15, 2015, 8:12 PM

Sunday night update: No letdown

Clemson’s 10-point win over Syracuse didn’t leave a feel-good impression on many fans who expected the Tigers to cover the 26-point spread, but head coach Dabo Swinney told the media Sunday night that he was happy to leave Syracuse with a double-digit win. Photo by Mark Konezny / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Sunday night update: No letdown

Nov 15, 2015, 8:18 PM

It's not covering the 26 point spread that has me concerned.
It's the excution,or lack thereof that caused us not to cover the 26 point spread that has me concerned.

the ONLY spread i am worried about us covering is Clemson -1 over faceless opponent.

Nov 15, 2015, 8:30 PM

Im just thankful they didnt play a more talented team.

Go Tigers, Just Win!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2015, 8:44 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Sunday night update: No letdown ]

You realize that line is just so people will bet right?
It has nothing to do with power of the team,, they figure it's what they have to do to get even money....we win by one, you should be happy, unless you bet on your favorite team, which is a great way to lose your money....

Nov 15, 2015, 8:29 PM

And don't forget Ammon's effort on the forced fumble(even though we did not recover it)!

Nov 15, 2015, 8:32 PM

Ummm more to the story with Taylor Hearn I presume. You take 72 guys and you leave your 2nd string left tackle at home???

Nov 15, 2015, 9:41 PM

Yes i thought something smelled fishy about that too. Hope all is ok with him.

I hope this WAS a letdown

Nov 15, 2015, 10:14 PM

I like Dabo, love the Tigers. Played and seen enough games to say..... this is B$. After the first two wild minutes, Cuse wins 27-23. If this was not a letdown we need to be concerned. Yeah, we dropped passes. So did Syracuse. It's not like they played a perfect game to stay with us.

LOL!! I just hate these 10-0 perfect seasons. Checkers

Nov 16, 2015, 6:54 AM

might be your game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So if we didn't score those two touchdowns and

Nov 16, 2015, 7:16 AM [ in reply to I hope this WAS a letdown ]

didn't score at the end inside the 10 where we took a knee the score might have been different.

My gosh you are brilliant. You should email the coaches and let them know. That was a crucial 21 point swing that could have changed the outcome.

It sucks to win by 10, we should win by 50 every game!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope this WAS a letdown

Nov 16, 2015, 9:49 AM [ in reply to I hope this WAS a letdown ]

Seems like when we turn it over in our territory the defense does not respond well. Same thing against NC State. I think there may have been a slight letdown after beating FSU. The fumbles, interception and penalties certainly did not help. And replacing the best QB in the nation with the second stringer four minutes into the game seemed to switch the momentum. It was only one play, but a very big error by the coaches and the QB, IMO. Of course, the gaping holes in the defensive line, allowing Orange runners to scamper all over the place is a matter of concern.

Nov 15, 2015, 10:33 PM

Great picture of textbook pass interference not called by the morons in striped shirts...

Exactly! Hey Dabo send that photo to ACC!

Nov 15, 2015, 11:38 PM

Those refs let Syracuse DBs mug our WRs all game.

Nov 15, 2015, 10:59 PM

smh...the sky is always falling for some people.

10-0 and Coots on here talkino about ifs...lol

Nov 16, 2015, 12:17 AM

Already 50 times better than the coots best moment. Number 1 in every poll, a great path to the playoffs if we can win them all. No team in America has had a better season and I know it's close with the coots. They are happy their Legend Banner Coach Quit before we kicked his tail in his last game. I get their happiness but it's coot happiness compared to Tiger happiness.

These Tiger fans are so pumped up that the coots know if the look at us(and we are beggin for eye contact) we are going to pull the finger up in the air saying something they haven't every had a chance to real fast loud and dominant....listen coots here it comes tomorrow at work loud and fast we're NUMBER 1...then everytime the speak the finger jumps and real fast we are giving them We're NUMBER 1... Get out coots this is fun. We don't even have the heart to talk about their JV team playing varsity. Just here chicky chicky... Look ...eye contact and the finger hits them with a loud We're Number 1.

We refuse to hurt them by mentioning anything about their football program. We just hit'em with the quick...they looked away but they know what's coming...facts!

We are in the most awesome days to be a Tiger!! I'm loving it and enjoying it. Nobody will take away my shine and joy about being number 1!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: 10-0 and Coots on here talkino about ifs...lol

Nov 16, 2015, 5:07 AM

And let's be selective about which finger...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Nov 16, 2015, 12:44 AM

Like I said when that huge spread came out, that spread will seriously hurt the feelings of the Syracuse coaching staff and every member of their team. It didn't only hurt their feelings, it pissed them off enough to come out blazing and proving that they wasn't that weak, just as it would have done with us... We have beat teams up bc of the insult of a points spread!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No letdown

Nov 16, 2015, 5:50 AM

I agree with all Dabo's points. But the mistakes were due to a lack of interest. Get their attention! GO TIGERS!!!!

Re: No letdown

Nov 16, 2015, 6:40 AM

The whole team relaxed( that includes coaches) after the first two drives. Taking the ball out of Watson's hand should happen no sooner then up 28, not 14. There were a lot of mistakes. On everyone. Win as a team. Lose as a team. I don't want to see a loss. GO TIGERS!!!!!

Re: No letdown

Nov 16, 2015, 10:04 AM

I agree completely.

Nov 16, 2015, 7:18 AM

We won it wasnt pretty. But wake forest is all we should be focused on.

Nov 16, 2015, 9:22 AM

call it what you will but I am VERY happy that we were not playing UNC! Syracuse exposed lots of areas for improvement! Wake at home should not be a huge issue though they have played a number of games VERY close.

USC will be aiming to ruin out season - last game for them (no bowl) so they will be throwing everything and everyone at us.

The ACC Championship game will not be a cake walk - UNC is getting better and better and will be highly motivated!

I'm way past ready for another Championship but the next few weeks are going to be tough!

Nov 16, 2015, 10:04 AM

Wake is just what the doctor ordered. Decent defensive team but absolutely no offense. The Tigers should blow them away. Carolina will be motivated to ruin our season. The little I've seen of them says they stink. Very little offense and mediocre defense. If we go into Willy-Bryce equally motivated, we will blow their lights out. Too much talent for the Gamecooks. I think DeShaun will have a huge game against them. The other Carolina is a different story, because their offense has always been good, but this year they are playing very good defense also. Gene Chizik was excoriated severely when fired from Auburn. He should receive a lot of credit for fixing up a previously pathetic Tarheel defense.

Replies: 22
| visibility 3,769
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic