Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So if Phil Steele is picking SCAR, UGA and FSU higher
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

So if Phil Steele is picking SCAR, UGA and FSU higher

Jun 21, 2013, 3:00 PM

I'm assuming he's thinking it will be a 9-3 season. Last season he picked SCAR and FSU higher and those were the only two losses.

If he's right, then really this season would be about a repeat of last year and not necessarily a step back. Replacing one of the worst Auburn teams in modern times with Georgia is definitely an upgrade in the schedule, a 9-3 2013 is probably the easy and most logical pick for the unbiased "experts".

But both UGA and FSU are at home and I don't think those outside experts are giving DV its due. I think 12-0 is certainly possible but if I had to put a life-changing amount of money on it, I would go 10-2.

I don't know exactly where the two losses may come from, but is there any reason to think the coaches at FSU can come into DV and win that game? Heck, FSU may be the underdog by the time that game is played.

So regarding the two losses, besides the obvious suspects, I want to mention a game that no one is talking about.

This team was the first team to beat 9-0 Louisville last year. They went 6-1 over their last 7 games and beat WVU in their bowl game (yeah, WVU means West Virginia). The game against them is an away game with a lot of travel and it will be a weird playing environment. To top it all off, this team has 2 weeks to prepare due to the open date prior.

Call me crazy, but that Syracuse game has as much potential for loss as any on the schedule. It should not be taken lightly, but odds are it will be by most.

Someone tell me why one shouldn't be concerned about the game at Syracuse?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I had to pick two losses, I'd say they'd both be road

Jun 21, 2013, 3:05 PM

games. It's hard to win on the road on Thursday night, although we do have Saturday off before traveling to Rawlee. And we finally got smart enough to schedule one of our sacrificial lambs before SCar, so that will help, too.

Nevertheless, if you said I had to pick two losses, those would make the most sense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

They lost a lot of the players from that team, most notably

Jun 21, 2013, 3:07 PM

the QB that was doing big things for their O. And the HC is now coaching in the NFL.

Re: They lost a lot of the players from that team, most notably

Jun 21, 2013, 3:14 PM

Those are good points but the DC was promoted to HC so transition for players won't be completely new. On offense, they are also planning to run a similar fast paced scheme this year.

I remember the mid 1990's.

Jun 21, 2013, 3:08 PM

Hoping to break the top 25 and not get totally annihilated by FSU. Heck we might even get to a mid level bowl game with any luck.

My how things have changed, or come full circle, depending on how you look at it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Why not to worry about Syracuse

Jun 21, 2013, 3:22 PM

They have a new coaching staff, and only 6 starters back on defense. They also have only 6 starters back on offense, not including the QB. Yes they have an open date before us and I think their offense will show improvement because of that.

The speed of our offense is hard to get your scout team to emulate as they don't know the plays, thus are looking at diagrams in between plays. If our defense is improved against the run, it shouldn't be close. Now for my caveat, if the Tigers start reading the press clippings they can be beat by any ACC team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have not "arrived." Any game has the potential to be won

Jun 21, 2013, 3:24 PM

or lost based on preparation, performance, effort, and all those weird and crazy things that happen in college football. We can win every game on our schedule but our team will have to be super focused to not let 1 or 2 games slip away.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would make for a sucky year. Lose all the toss up games***

Jun 21, 2013, 3:52 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That would make for a sucky year. Lose all the toss up games***

Jun 21, 2013, 5:05 PM

I would be concerned about at Virginia but I agree Syracuse has trip-up written all over it. 9-3 is probably the safe pick but I think 10-2 is logical.

I Phil he just don't know what he's talking about.***

Jun 21, 2013, 6:29 PM

Agree about the Syracuse game

Jun 21, 2013, 6:48 PM

that game worries me some.

(not sure why)

I learned long ago to never, ever underestimate your

Jun 21, 2013, 10:23 PM

opponent. Goliath's failure in that department comes to mind!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bet you were stunned when you saw Goliath hit the ground

Jun 21, 2013, 10:28 PM

after David popped him in the forehead with that stone. Did you rush in to give David a high five or chest bump?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

LMAO! I'd say of all the old jokes about hartins that one

Jun 21, 2013, 10:37 PM

might take the cake.

Mmmmmm, did someone say cake?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Hartins and I missed the big ending to that fight...

Jun 21, 2013, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Bet you were stunned when you saw Goliath hit the ground ]

it was early bedtime at the Sodom and Gomorrmah Rest Home.
Our dates had to be home by 7PM.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sodom and Gomorrah? Didn't realize you and hartins were

Jun 21, 2013, 10:47 PM

a couple back in the day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

That was well before Levitical Law.

Jun 21, 2013, 10:51 PM

It was kinda like today. Nobody really like seeing it happen they just didn't want to be labeled as a homophobe by the liberal butt bandits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

10-2 and I'll be pretty mad. Any worse........

Jun 21, 2013, 10:54 PM

Man, I'll have Tommy Bowden "1 play away" flashbacks.

Re: 10-2 and I'll be pretty mad. Any worse........

Jun 21, 2013, 11:03 PM

He's definitely a Ohio ST homer.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic