Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Jeff Davis' twin sons look to carry on family legacy at Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Jeff Davis' twin sons look to carry on family legacy at Clemson

Jun 7, 2013, 3:26 PM

Jeff Davis' twin sons look to carry on family legacy at Clemson

Clemson added a pair of legacy recruits on Friday when Jeff Davis' 16-year-old twins J.D. and Judah Davis of Daniel High committed to the Tigers as 2015 greyshirts. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Jeff Davis' twin sons look to carry on family legacy at Clemson

Jun 7, 2013, 3:42 PM

why the year at Tri-County? Are they graduating high school a year early or something?

it looks like it

Jun 7, 2013, 3:48 PM

high school graduates are normally 17 or 18

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

My guess...

Jun 7, 2013, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Jeff Davis' twin sons look to carry on family legacy at Clemson ]

Since they're graduating a whole year before their scholarships kick-in they can go to Tech and take their freshman-year credits for SUBSTANTIALLY less than a year at Clemson. Jeff Davis probably isn't hurting for money but paying to put a 4th and 5th kid through Clemson at the same time probably isn't something he'd prefer to do.

Just my opinion,
-Moon

Re: Front Page Story: Jeff Davis' twin sons look to carry on family legacy at Clemson

Jun 7, 2013, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Jeff Davis' twin sons look to carry on family legacy at Clemson ]

Is this a gift to dad for playing at Clemson or do they have some skill?

Jun 8, 2013, 5:41 AM

Pretty sure that since "The Judge" is on the University payroll, his kids can attend at greatly reduced, if not free, rates. Therefore I doubt very seriously we have offered 2 stiffs just cuz their daddy is an all time great. I am sure that Dabo and his staff see something in these young men that has led them to offer the scholarships. Besides 6'2'' 215 lbs is not bad size for 16 yrs old. Furthermore, who better to teach them to play linebacker than one of Clemson's best ever?

I know both these young men very very well

Jun 7, 2013, 4:31 PM

They are polite, humble, but also very confident in themselves. They will be a good tandum for us in the future.

Just like their Dad.***

Jun 7, 2013, 3:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

If they are anything like their dad on the field...

Jun 7, 2013, 3:50 PM

watch out opposing offenses!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

We had the Bamberg bookends

Jun 7, 2013, 5:12 PM

What do we call these guys? They are definitely a matched set

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: We had the Bamberg bookends

Jun 7, 2013, 6:37 PM

The double down boyzzzz!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Jury***

Jun 7, 2013, 7:41 PM

Re: The Jury***

Jun 8, 2013, 10:20 AM

Love it!

Jun 7, 2013, 7:59 PM

Can anyone from Clemson comment on their football abilities? Has anyone else offered them?

Jun 7, 2013, 10:00 PM

Fair....share time @ D-dub.....I doubt it......Small College talent currently.....have gotten better each year

Re: Front Page Story: Jeff Davis' twin sons look to carry on

Jun 7, 2013, 10:07 PM

yes...they will be seniors next year....can't play at Daniel after this fall...by gray shirting they can still work out with CU but will not count against the enrollment roster till 2015...

Daniel is loaded at the LB and DE position...so Coach Robinson basically platoons all of them.....so playing time is reduced....

BUT...these to kids are very good academic gets...and they are still growing....could end up being very tall....and they are already very athletic.....smart plan by Dabo

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Jeff Davis' twin sons look to carry on

Jun 7, 2013, 10:11 PM

well they sure will have everyones attention!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm confused why are they grad from HS 1 yr early and not

Jun 7, 2013, 8:58 PM

Play football in 2014 for Danial?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Playing Time....Would be 2nd String @ D-Dub***

Jun 7, 2013, 9:56 PM

are you trying not to make sense?***

Jun 8, 2013, 11:39 AM

Re: I'm confused why are they grad from HS 1 yr early and not

Jun 8, 2013, 7:39 PM [ in reply to I'm confused why are they grad from HS 1 yr early and not ]

It's likely just a semester early instead of a full year and a half. They probably turn 17 by October 31 or whenever the cutoff is to start school.

They are delaying enrollment until January because Clemson's scholarship numbers are so tight for 2013 with room for only 15 or so. Does the year at tech count against their eligibility, though?

What class are they?

Jun 8, 2022, 11:20 AM

haven't seen a profile

Middle I believe***

Jun 8, 2013, 12:20 PM

Duh...

Jun 8, 2013, 6:06 PM

2013,014..015?

Looke what IPTAY Scholarship did for the Jeff Davis Family!

Jun 7, 2013, 10:39 PM

30 years later his twin Boys are signing up with Clemson..and 3 Daughters have already graduated!

GoTiGERs...and GoIpTaY!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love Jeff Davis

Jun 7, 2013, 10:53 PM

Can't wait to see what his twins do!

So, if Jeff Davis was "The Judge" ....

Jun 8, 2013, 10:27 AM

... will his sons be "Jury" and "Executioner?"

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2013, 11:31 AM

so, are these commits for 2014 or 2015. They are not listed on any commit list I've seen. They also don't come up on any recruit search.

Re: Re: Front Page Story: Jeff Davis' twin sons look to carry on family legacy at Clemson***

Jun 8, 2013, 9:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

No discount for Clemson employees'

Jun 8, 2013, 9:51 PM

children. I don't work for the univ., but I know many people who do. It's a shame that is the policy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic