Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So if I understand correctly, 27 locked down already. ###### good! BUT . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

So if I understand correctly, 27 locked down already. ###### good! BUT . . .

Dec 21, 2018, 8:43 AM

Knowing Dabo and co. Don’t you think he’s got another one up his sleeve. Even if they aren’t even on the radar just yet. Is there that Travis Etienne type prospect waiting on a home visit after we win the National Championship? Dabo’s got game! Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have to see how many juniors don’t return

Dec 21, 2018, 9:17 AM

They count 5 now: ferrell, lawrence plus three out of mullen, lamar, feaster, powell, william (usmc), wallace

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have to see how many juniors don’t return

Dec 21, 2018, 9:23 AM

Are you counting potential transfers?

I don't expect Powell to declare for the draft after taking a redshirt.

I'm not sure of his mindset but you could say the same about Feaster. If he believes he is an NFL talent I'm not sure he would jump this year. Do you expect him to transfer?

It's a very slippery road when you start suggesting guys may transfer without having any knowledge or indication that they may do so.

Dec 21, 2018, 9:36 AM

First off, I don't think anyone would leave because it was sugested on Tigernet. Second, we've had 14 tranfers in the last 24 months and there are only a couple I would have guessed (QB'S). Three transfers seems to be the minimum. We also have an average of 2 guys a year that have already graduated and want to move on to their career like Garrett Williams is contemplating. Also on average there's 4 that leave for the NFL. When you add that up its 9 scholarships that on average come available each year. Add that to the 19 seniors, 2 currently not used, and 4 currently being used by Junior Walkons (I'm sure Dabo doesn't want to take these away) that brings us to 34 potential scholarships. Thats not going to happen. I'm sure Dabo would like to get our classes evened out better instead of skewing then even more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Dec 21, 2018, 10:52 AM

I am not suggesting that nobody is going to transfer.

I am also not suggesting that a post on Tigernet would cause somebody to transfer.

What I am saying is that transferring is looked at in a very negative way from almost any fanbase.

With the exception of maybe Cooper and Johnson who everyone knew was leaving and understood why, when rumors start flying about kids transferring it puts those players in a negative light.

I know guys will transfer and guys will leave early for the draft. Others will just decide to hang it up. I'm fine with that.

There are tons of things to speculate about, but suggesting that someone specific may transfer when nothing has been reported saying they will, could cause those players to be seen in a negative way unnecessarily.

And....

Dec 21, 2018, 11:00 AM

I'm still not seeing this slippery slope.

3 days ago 50% of tnet wanted Caldwell fired.

Impact to clemson: 0%

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: And....

Dec 21, 2018, 11:54 AM

The slope is that there isn't a huge impact that Powell can make to change anyone's mind that he is a good guy if the idea gets out there that he is unhappy or that he wants to leave.

I guess Feaster could score some playoff TDs and fans would love him again.

It's not a huge deal but as long as these guys are doing exactly what is asked of them, I don't see the reason to suggest they have any ideas other than sticking with their team and trying to earn playing time.

I feel like it came off that I was suggesting that guy made a huge mistake. I was simply suggesting that lumping possible transfers into a group of guys who could potentially turn pro after the season is maybe not the best way to represent those players.

Suggesting that a talented junior may leave is one thing. It's a positive for the player.

Suggesting transfer for a guy who has not mentioned it is not a positive. Some see transferring as a character knock. No reason to put that on a player without merit.

I don't see transferring as a character knock. There are lots of reasons that players transfer. I was a college athlete who transferred to change majors because my original school did not have my newly desired major. I was a starter at the time. However, many people think transferring only happens because kids are spoiled and want the spotlight.

Dec 21, 2018, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Have to see how many juniors don’t return ]

Feaster ???? Where did that come from

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic