Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So i have a former neighbor that used to tell me he was
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

So i have a former neighbor that used to tell me he was

Feb 25, 2020, 10:30 AM

almost done with his mortgage. a few more payments.

It appears they are min 50k in credit card debt.
They have been taking equity out of their house to go on vacations and owe 150k+ in equity loans.

Is this what normal people do?
Are most really this stupid?

I see bankruptcy in their future.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes***

Feb 25, 2020, 10:35 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

If bankruptcy is good enough for billionaies

Feb 25, 2020, 10:35 AM

why isn't it good enough for some folks in the trailer park?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kind of not same

Feb 25, 2020, 10:39 AM

Bankrupt a business and your personal credit doesn't go to ####.

Which means sky high interest rates for a very long time

Not saying either isright or wrong, just makes life very hard for you

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, the poor really, really get it bad.***

Feb 25, 2020, 10:48 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They just need to pull themselves up by the bootstraps

Feb 25, 2020, 11:09 AM

and quit being so poor.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well...duh.***

Feb 25, 2020, 11:20 AM

I'm not sure how you can continually get those loans if

Feb 25, 2020, 11:10 AM

you owe so much.

Wouldn't leveraging $50k in CC debt mean you couldn't get home equity loans, even if the equity is there?

Or if you have $150k in Home Equity loans first, I guess the CC companies don't care and give you plenty of available credit.

They should go buy a Suburban.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They sound like idiots.

Feb 25, 2020, 11:41 AM

I have owned my house for 10 years and o my reason I would take an equity line is when I want to fix it up to sell.

As far as credit cards, I had about 15k in debt on them, cut up the cards and called each company. They all gave me 0% interest on a monthly payment plan and it doesn’t go to collections to hurt my CS.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First of all that WAS A PRIVATE CONVERSATION

Feb 25, 2020, 11:47 AM

BETWEEN THE TWO OF US.

But seriously, I don't understand it. How do they keep getting loans etc.

I know a few people who probably make about 50K combined and every couple of months they have a new atv, new RV, going to Paris so forth and so on.

My wife makes the comment "they're up to their eye balls in debt" well yeah I get that but they still have to make the minimum payments.

Also why would they not transfer that 50k over to a 0% interest CC (for 20 months) and make payments until it's gone. If there's still an amount after the months, transfer it to a new 0% interest card until it's paid off.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Man, sharkgirl is wanting to buy some furniture. She's got

Feb 25, 2020, 11:57 AM

most of the cash on hand but not all. Wanted to buy it on her horrible card that already has a balance. I keep telling her, like every day, to go to that nerd wallet and see what she can get before doing that.

We have a 0% interest card for stuff like that

Feb 25, 2020, 12:01 PM

if it's something we need now like an emergency we put it on that card and pay it off. If there's still some left on the card after the 0% interest runs out we switch it to a new 0% interest card.

We needed a window unit for the trailer because the regular unit wouldn't cool it. Bought a massive 3k unit and put it on the card. Payed it off in 18 months.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that the same card you used for the above ground pool?***

Feb 25, 2020, 12:09 PM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You just can't go to that well too often.

Feb 25, 2020, 12:10 PM [ in reply to We have a 0% interest card for stuff like that ]

See, my credit is sparkling thus I will not be the one doing the CC game. Just got the Lowe's card paid off for the washer and dryer. I hope to not apply for any more credit for at least a year.

Re: Man, sharkgirl is wanting to buy some furniture. She's got

Feb 25, 2020, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Man, sharkgirl is wanting to buy some furniture. She's got ]

Best place to buy really nice quality furniture. In NC is at estate sales. Find some in up scale neighborhoods. Preview what is being sold, and go. Items are tagged w/price. An estate sale that just closed had a mahogany queen Anne DR table and 6 chairs with upholstered cushion seats. Made by Hickory chair. Like new condition. About 40 yrs. old. Made in High Point,NC. Retail now by antique dealers for $5000 plus. Sold at estate sale for$ 700 . Most younger people don't want to buy that style of well made solid mahogany, cherry. Oak furniture . They buy cheap schit made in China with particle board.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have a banging dining room table and other pieces

Feb 25, 2020, 1:53 PM

that are mahogany, well over $5k and maybe 100 years old. We inherited it from my grandparents and, TBH, I love it but it does not fit in with our trashed out shit that the kids ruin look in the rest of the house. That one room looks nice though.

Better stop that, you'll get caught or make another kid.***

Feb 25, 2020, 3:12 PM

Good luck getting it moved***

Feb 25, 2020, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Man, sharkgirl is wanting to buy some furniture. She's got ]

Re: Good luck getting it moved***

Feb 25, 2020, 3:02 PM

You have to move it yourself. No problem if you plan ahead. You are usually given a day or two, sometimes more, depending on the sale. Unless it is very heavy item, on site persons will help you load it. Rental truck or uhaul trailer or your own truck. What good old boy doesn't own a pickup truck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: First of all that WAS A PRIVATE CONVERSATION

Feb 25, 2020, 3:23 PM [ in reply to First of all that WAS A PRIVATE CONVERSATION ]

There are fees associated with transferring debt from one CC to a 0% interest CC so probably not worth it.

Also 2nd what was said above about estate sales. 99% of the stuff is junk at the sales but there are gems and good deals to be found. It is a huge time commitment though. If you're not first in line you likely wont get what you went for, and sometimes that means showing up 2-3 hours before a sale.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic