Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Mark Richt on facing Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Football Update: Mark Richt on facing Clemson

Apr 8, 2013, 10:52 AM

Mark Richt on facing Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brand new secondary against Tajh, Sammy, G-Hop, Bryant...

Apr 8, 2013, 6:15 PM

Cooper, Peake, and Humphries? Lol yeah I'd be crapping my pants as well. Add in that their DL is new as well and that our OL have a year more experience and depth to protect Tajh and this could get ugly fast for the puppies.

Everyone says that their O will be great because of their returning players but I don't see it. Our DL will have another year to mature and grow and having our DBs healthy along with a talent upgrade with Baker, Wiggins, Alexander, and Kearse will make the difference for us.

I like Richt a lot...

Apr 8, 2013, 11:21 AM

...especially when he's running scared :)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Though there is an element of truth,

Apr 8, 2013, 11:36 AM

that's what coaches say.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I watched the UGA spring game..

Apr 8, 2013, 12:12 PM

And though it's only the spring game, nothing really caught my eye that was amazing about their team. Granted A. Murray is back and the majority of the offense, but nothing too spectacular. T. Gurley looks good (wish we would've snagged him last year) but their defense doesn't look beast. I think it'll be a close game heading into halftime but be prepared for The Chad to open up the floodgates in the 2nd half. Ready for OUR spring game this weekend. Gonna be exciting to watch...

Not sure why

Apr 8, 2013, 12:15 PM

you guys keep insisting that we have an entirely new defense. That's just not the case.

You're right. You have 4/11 coming back. Our bad.***

Apr 8, 2013, 12:18 PM

We know you are replacing a ton of STARTERS

Apr 8, 2013, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Not sure why ]

which means you will be playing with less experience which opens up the door for a lot of mistakes especially against an offense as fast and as difficult to read as ours.

There are you happy now!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

"you guys"? Awwww Bless y'all's hearts ! ******

Apr 8, 2013, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Not sure why ]

Was your head coach not us!

Apr 8, 2013, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Not sure why ]

From the article..

Richt said that breaking in his new defense against Clemson’s explosive scheme, especially the inexperienced secondary, will be a daunting task.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We know you are replacing a ton of STARTERS

Apr 8, 2013, 12:22 PM

We return 5 starters and at least 3 other guys saw quality playing time. My point is that our defense isn't as inexperienced as you think.

Oh ok I get what you're saying

Apr 8, 2013, 12:30 PM

replacing at least half of your defensive starters is really no big deal!!

whew glad I go that straight

3 d-linement, 2 linebackers, 4 dbs

Apr 8, 2013, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: We know you are replacing a ton of STARTERS ]

that is 9 by my count.

Richt has too much class for Ugay...

Apr 8, 2013, 12:26 PM

He has had to endure a lot there due to their horrible fans. I believe he will win the SEC-E this year and will have a great season, despite losing the opener in Death Valley.

Just curious...

Apr 8, 2013, 1:41 PM

whats your reason for putting it like that?

He's a good Christian man***

Apr 8, 2013, 6:08 PM

He's a first class guy for sure.

Apr 14, 2013, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Richt has too much class for Ugay... ]

I saw a special on the guy several years back. Unless he and his wife are really good actors they are some of the finest folks in football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Richt has too much class for Ugay...

Apr 8, 2013, 12:27 PM

I agree. Richt is a class act, but every fan base has trashy fans

I have to agree with both your points.

Apr 14, 2013, 9:15 AM

I hate when that happens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh ok I get what you're saying

Apr 8, 2013, 12:34 PM

Of course we're concerned about losing guys, but we've recruited well and rotated guys well. So I feel good about where the defense stands. I'm not making any predictions. I'm just saying that I feel pretty good about the team.

and all we are saying is...............

Apr 8, 2013, 12:39 PM

Our offense should have you shaking in your boots. We returned 7 Starters on that side and all of our skill guys except 2.

A fully staffed LSU team was keeling over indoors against our o with an entire season behind them.

You guys are coming to death valley on probably a hot night with nothing except some practice time put in with inexperience against our offense that WILL run over 100 plays. Refill the oxygen tanks brother you're gonna need them.

Spike he BALL, I can't stand the Dawgs!!!!!

Apr 8, 2013, 2:51 PM

Let's give these little SEC pups a wake up call...

CLEMSON IS BACK!

Re: and all we are saying is...............

Apr 8, 2013, 6:11 PM [ in reply to and all we are saying is............... ]

Well going by that guys logic we really return 10 on offense. Hot Rod, Humphries, and Peake/Bryant all rotated in over the past two years so we have even more experience coming back. The only concern is Norton at center, but I'm not really concerned there.

Apr 9, 2013, 6:09 AM [ in reply to and all we are saying is............... ]

Clemson's offense should be respected nevertheless your OC Morris must replace 35 tds with the departure of Hopkins and Ellington. The 100 play thingy makes me laugh. Cu ran an addition 52 plays yet only won by a single point. Uga's ground game should control the clock keeping the tiger offense off the field. We also have a QB that can convert 1st downs so your pipe dreams of all these 3 and outs is truely delusional. In addition our defense is deeper this year as opposed to 2012's. What about your inexperienced defense, especially the secondary? No worries I assume.....

you get players that have played back. NOT AS A UNIT.

Apr 8, 2013, 7:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh ok I get what you're saying ]

that is what we are saying about y'alls defense. i can't put it into laymens terms any better.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To paraphrase General George S. Patton ...

Apr 8, 2013, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh ok I get what you're saying ]

"Now some of you Dawgs, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll cut it under fire. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you'll all do what every other team the Clemson Tigers face this season will do.

"When it's late in the game, and you're guts are cramping up and your legs are screaming in pain and those Tigers are lining up to go at you again .... when you put your hand into a bunch of goo, that a moment before was your best friend's lunch ... you'll know what to do.

"Just crawl off the field. It's over. Goodbye and good luck."

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you're going to show up here day after day....

Apr 14, 2013, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Oh ok I get what you're saying ]

we expect some chit talk.

Apr 8, 2013, 12:42 PM

Thanks for the advice, but it's a fallacy to compare two different teams with teo different playings styles. Particularly teams from different years. I'll let Richt know that the team shouldn't even show up. Lol. We know you guys are going to be good.

Apr 8, 2013, 7:02 PM

No No No please don't tell coach Richt nothing. We want to sneak up on him;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that was the Augusta paper's writers who said that***

Apr 8, 2013, 2:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Mark Richt on facing Clemson

Apr 9, 2013, 12:00 AM

This is funny how Clemson fans believe they will crush UGA! "Look at LSU", they had a month off before facing Clemson. UGA will have the full offseason to prepare for Clemson's "explosive" offense. Y'all believe Clemson's offense will just come out guns blazing and have zero mistakes! This will be a shootout but I would worry about Clemson's defense more than UGA's. Clemson's defense improved over the season against competition like Wake Forest, Duke, Georgia Tech and lost when they faced the only decent offenses on their schedule(FSU and SC).

Apr 9, 2013, 12:05 AM

GO back to celebrating your 2009-2012 success. Because you are soon to go back to a garbage program.

Apr 9, 2013, 12:06 AM

Explain exactly how?

Apr 9, 2013, 12:09 AM

Spur will retire and move back to florida(real program) and then he will act as if he never coached at your school and wont give a ### bout south carolina...I mean who does? If I hurt your feelings get off our board.

Apr 8, 2021, 8:23 PM

So Spurrier will retire, that is your only reason?

Apr 9, 2013, 6:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Mark Richt on facing Clemson ]

Clemson's offense was dramatic to say the least.....for an ACC team. Had you played an SEC schedule the tigers would have 4/5 losses.

Quit drinking the kool-aid

Apr 9, 2013, 9:15 AM

What makes you think your schedule was so much harder than ours last year? Tennessee, Auburn, Vandy, Mizzou, Ole Miss...?? Give me a break. Like us, you guys had two tough games. You played great against the water lizards (they coughed up the ball quite a bit) and got drug by the coots...

Maybe if you had a "typical SEC schedule", you would have also had 4/5 losses...just stop with that $hit man, y'all had one of the weakest schedules in your league last year. Good to see you're finally scheduling someone other than Southern or North Texas for an OOC game.

Go Tigers

Your "mighty SEC" schedule

Apr 9, 2013, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Mark Richt on facing Clemson ]

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/61/year/2012/georgia-bulldogs

You can't honestly say this is a tough schedule...not saying ours is any tougher, but don't throw stones when you're hiding from the big boys around the country. At least Saban & Miles will go play anyone anywhere (granted they don't have an OOC rival), however, you guys have Boise IN YOUR BACKYARD and get embarrassed.

You're barking up the wrong tree....But hey, you got AAAAthins Brah

Go Tigers

I like you.

Apr 14, 2013, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Mark Richt on facing Clemson ]

You make my pet rock look intelligent.

Re: Re: Football Update: Mark Richt on facing Clemson

Apr 9, 2013, 12:09 AM

Go away coot we are celebrating another national title for our conference right now. As an SEC man I know you get that....

Apr 9, 2013, 12:16 AM

Yeah....you mean the Big East is celebrating a national title

Apr 9, 2013, 6:25 AM

Wonder how happy the tigernation will be once Louisville officailly starts kicking Cu's ### and winning ACC titles. It's not as if clemson has been some superpower these last 20+ years.....two ACC titles?

So i guess y'all are a ####### dynasty with all your titles?***

Apr 9, 2013, 9:22 AM

Apr 14, 2013, 7:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Re: Football Update: Mark Richt on facing Clemson ]

Now tell us how supper y'all have been. Go ahead I'm listening!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Folks are laughing at the SEC with the Louisville

Apr 9, 2013, 9:08 AM

And conference cheering.
As for Clemson's 2 conference titles in 20 years, look closely but UGA has just 2 in 30 years.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Folks are laughing at the SEC with the Louisville

Apr 9, 2013, 9:24 AM

I think richt got a conference title in 07 :)

Apr 14, 2013, 12:10 PM

I really hope we open up a can of 303 Whip A-- on them and make a real statement in that game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic