Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Wake coach not happy with Watson playing late
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 75
| visibility 1

FB Update: Wake coach not happy with Watson playing late

Nov 22, 2015, 1:25 PM

Wake coach not happy with Watson playing late

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you have "no comment" then why did you comment?***

Nov 22, 2015, 1:28 PM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: If you have "no comment" then why did you comment?***

Nov 22, 2015, 1:45 PM

Kinda like when your g/f says "I'm fine".

LOL***

Nov 22, 2015, 7:35 PM

Nov 22, 2015, 2:30 PM [ in reply to If you have "no comment" then why did you comment?*** ]

He had comment.

He commented all over himself .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 22, 2015, 6:03 PM

Actually they didn't really STOP us as we were playing young players and playing around not to mention the fact that we substituted liberally throughout the entire game!

Well Wake might as well fire this guy and move on.

Nov 22, 2015, 1:28 PM

Whining about stuff like that is a loser's mentality. This guy will likely never be successful. Just like the Cuse coach cussing out Dabo for trying to "run up the score" in the FIRST HALF two years ago.

If you think he's a loser....

Nov 22, 2015, 3:35 PM

...you need to get put more.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: FB Update: Wake coach not happy with Watson playing late

Nov 22, 2015, 1:30 PM

??????????????????????????????

u mad bro?***

Nov 22, 2015, 2:24 PM

Someone tell him playing for a National Title and Heisman...

Nov 22, 2015, 1:31 PM

Changes the gameplan a tad

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

They're Wake Forest. They don't know anything about that.***

Nov 22, 2015, 1:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

He gets hurt in garbage time and I assure plans will

Nov 22, 2015, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Someone tell him playing for a National Title and Heisman... ]

"change a tad" as in no Heisman or National title. NO reason for Watson to be out there....I was shocked.

Re: He gets hurt in garbage time and I assure plans will

Nov 22, 2015, 1:36 PM

They made it a 20 point game if they hadnt scored that TD he would have sat.

Nov 22, 2015, 1:41 PM

I don't think it was for stats...it was to end the game. I think they decided they were done screwing around and didn't really want Wake to have the ball back and/or chance another bryant INT.

Love this team, Dabo, and DW, but my

Nov 22, 2015, 1:45 PM

first thought was they are trying to get Watson stats. The game was in hand.

Re: Love this team, Dabo, and DW, but my

Nov 22, 2015, 1:49 PM

Reading the article it is clear that they were trying to get catches for seniors. Nothing more, nothing less.

>>>this<<< DW gives them best chance to do it***

Nov 22, 2015, 1:53 PM

Thank you

Nov 22, 2015, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Love this team, Dabo, and DW, but my ]

Exactly

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Exactly right. Special to be a senior a catch a ball

Nov 22, 2015, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Love this team, Dabo, and DW, but my ]

from what might be the greatest QB we've ever had. Goodness me, this accusation doesn't even fit Dabo's character.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ease up or somebody's gonna get land blasted***

Nov 22, 2015, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: He gets hurt in garbage time and I assure plans will ]

Nov 22, 2015, 1:40 PM [ in reply to He gets hurt in garbage time and I assure plans will ]

That's exactly how I felt. I Just couldn't understand why the coaches would risk it.

Yep. All of it. Him lining up at WR, him

Nov 22, 2015, 1:43 PM

reentering the game, etc....all of it was mind bottling. The game was over.

The phrase you want is ...

Nov 22, 2015, 1:44 PM

Mind boggling

Re: The phrase you want is ...

Nov 22, 2015, 1:47 PM

Pretty sure you're incorrect.

Nov 22, 2015, 1:48 PM [ in reply to The phrase you want is ... ]

No, even though he is heating a dead horse over water under the ###, the phrase is mind bottling. Spend some time on the bored and you will understand.

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Nov 22, 2015, 2:52 PM

Poor horse

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was less than thrilled as well.

Nov 22, 2015, 2:24 PM [ in reply to He gets hurt in garbage time and I assure plans will ]

x

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

Was I just seeing things or did KB not play a lot of the second half. Also think how cool it would be for a senior who barelyed played during his time get to be on same field as what will be Clemson best QB of all time.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

absolutely

Nov 22, 2015, 2:18 PM

and have a ball thrown to him from that QB. He obviously doesn't remember our back up QB playing about an entire quarter.

He mad***

geez louise. we're trying to secure our spot in the playoffs

cuz you know everyone wants to squeeze another SEC team
in there.

Nov 22, 2015, 1:32 PM

^^^Good catch on the "No comment" statement.

The stupid Wake coach is just mad 'cause he forgot to on-side kick the ball after scoring the TD. Sounds like he just wants to re-direct the blame for his team sucking towards someone else.

Maybe next year we will leave the 1's in the entire game in front of their HOME crowd. Well - at least until the 3rd quarter when they all leave.

I wasn't either, Coach, but not for the same

Nov 22, 2015, 1:32 PM

reasons you were. If he woulda got hurt, this place would be in full meltdown mode. Running up the score or padding Heisman stats was the least of this Tiger fan's concerns.

Didn't know he was such a little pantywaist...

Nov 22, 2015, 1:33 PM

It will be a pleasure crushing his teams in upcoming years.

LOL .. He shoulda told his guy NOT to intercept Bryant if he

Nov 22, 2015, 1:34 PM

didn't want to see Watson out there again.

Honestly, picking off Bryant and getting that cheap score on a short field was what caused the QB decision. And just as honestly, we didn't try too awfully hard to score after that ... just tried to end the game with the ball in our hands.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2015, 1:35 PM

Well I wasn't happy that they had their starting QB(s) in either.

Can't please everyone I wuz mad cuz we weren't trying to

Nov 22, 2015, 1:36 PM

run up the score at the end. Running up the middle and takin' a knee stuff.

Bet they are wishing they hadn't gotten rid of Jim Grobe...

Nov 22, 2015, 1:38 PM

What a terrible move that's turning out to be. At least with Grobe you could guarantee they'd win or lose with class. This dude comes off as a sore loser.

Nov 22, 2015, 1:39 PM

What was going on that was so obvious? The only thing I can think of is dw4 was going for a reception td. For heisman race?? Maybe in a strange attempt to have fun or try something new? You said you were playing this like it was a championship. Did you want us to sit there and let you win? We definitely pulled out starters. Oh well, sorry coach! You had a reasonable showing against the #1 team in the nation.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is he implying we were trying to run up the score?

Nov 22, 2015, 1:40 PM

Get stats for DW? Because if either of those things were true, we wouldve put 30 more up in the 2nd half.

I think Dabo and co were not interested in Bryant throwing another pick or going 3 and out and giving Wake a chance to score again. I think they wanted a drive to end the game and #4 was the obvious guy to do that...

Agree that when you are FBS coach making $2M plus, stop whining about not being able to compete and do something about it...or, perhaps be thankful we put the brakes on at halftime...

maybe WFU should've quit trying in second half?***

Nov 22, 2015, 1:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

He and ol soft nose at syaracuse should

Nov 22, 2015, 1:46 PM

Room together at next years ACC media week and commiserate

Nov 22, 2015, 2:00 PM

I was perfectly happy with yesterday's score. I was happy that guys got to play that normally don't. Unlike a few on this bored, the weak second half didn't bother me at all, no need to risk injuries to 1st string. Go out and have a good time. Until now. Now that this sack has whined, time for the gloves to come off.

I have an idea. October 31, 1981, the Tigers hung 82 on Weak Forest on the way to the National Championship. 12 touchdowns. I say next year, plan a repeat. On, and Coach V, don't let them get anywhere near the 24 they scored in 81.

If that pantywaist Yankee boy Clawson wants something to whine about, give him something to whine about. At least Jim Grobe had some class.

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Hey Clawson, shut your ignorant mouth . . .

Nov 22, 2015, 2:24 PM

First of all, did you not notice our conspicuous avoidance of pursuing another score as the last seconds ticked off the clock? If we were trying to "run up the score" by sending Watson back in earlier, then what were we doing at the end, hmmmm??

Secondly, folks need to lighten up. I GET the problem with gratuitously running up the score. If it's 52-0 and you still have top players in there and are calling aggressive play calls, then alright, maybe there's an argument. But a 20-point game? Really? I don't care if we put Tom Brady in there and called a deep post pattern or a half-back pass . . . 20 points is simply not a bloodbath, and therefore bo amount of first stringers remaining in the game can be categorized, to any extent at all, as an attempt to gratuitously run up the score. It has to be REALLY, REALLY, bad for it to be a problem . . . like 40+ points or something.

Give me an effing break. What a pansy.

So he's basically saying

Nov 22, 2015, 2:27 PM

"I wish they would've taken it easy on us"

Nov 22, 2015, 2:30 PM

Dabo is Head Chief in charge, what ever he does, he don't have to have a reason, nor does he have to explain it. He is the Head Honcho that plays within the rules of the NCAA. Wake's Head Honcho played his two QBs, and shouldn't have a problem with Dabo playing his as he wishes. If they wanted DW4 to stay out of the game, they should have taken a knee when they had the ball, and I'm sure that Dabo would have told our guys to do the same bc there was no way that Wake could have gotten the win with the time left. Both teams taking a knee would save against anymore injuries at the last minute with the winner already decided.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nornally people ##### when you run up

Nov 22, 2015, 2:38 PM

The score, all 3 points we scored in the second half and 33 in the game hardly qualifies. I didn't know there were qualifiers and style points based on who you are playing on way to all of 33 points.......

This cat is delusional if he thinks his team had much to do

Nov 22, 2015, 2:42 PM

with us only scoring 3 points in the second half. What a baby. You think he was from UNC with all of that w(h)ine.

I figured it was after the 3rd total INT by Bryant that Dabo was sick of turning the ball over***

Nov 22, 2015, 2:44 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

the orange bowl debacle against WV was......

Nov 22, 2015, 3:01 PM

An example of running up the score, you didn't hear Dabo complaining about it, he fixed it to where it didn't happen again. This was not running up the score. Get some class!

He should be unhappy that his team sucks***

Nov 22, 2015, 3:03 PM

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

I was not a fan of Watson going back in, BUT..

Nov 22, 2015, 3:13 PM

it is very obvious why it was done. Bryant is not a passing QB and Dabo and staff wanted those seniors, especially the walk-ons to get a completed pass. IMO, that is the ONLY reason Watson was put back in

Re. Very Simply

Nov 22, 2015, 3:32 PM

I didn't think it was our job to make him happy....quite the opposite. Good job Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He should thank Dabo for only scoring

Nov 22, 2015, 3:36 PM

3 points in the second half. Most coaches complain about having the score run up late in the game - he complains about a starter being on the field? We called off the dogs real early - let him see Watson for 4 quarters next year on their home field and see which coach their fans complain about.

I may be in the minority, but...

Nov 22, 2015, 3:38 PM

...don't really have a problem with what he said. Different if he just offered that, but the writer set that up.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

me neither I don't see anything he said

Nov 22, 2015, 4:03 PM

As having an issue with what we did

No one is blaming him for expressing his opinion . . .

Nov 22, 2015, 5:03 PM [ in reply to I may be in the minority, but... ]

it's the substance of his opinion, not the fact that he expressed it, that is the problem. Yes, he was asked the question, but his answer was demonstrably silly, petty, and inaccurate. The implication was that a 20 point lead is such a bloodbath that anymore attempts at scoring constitute unseemliness. Really? 33-7, 33-13, etc? Is that really that bad?

And, Clawson also gets negative points for introducing his comments by saying he won't comment. He can comment, but he ought not try to portray himself as above the fray while commenting. And, he also ought not to have a stupid and false opinion about the facts of the matter.

Nice ramble....don't think I agree.

Nov 22, 2015, 7:12 PM

Hard to tell for sure though, lol...you gave this more thought than anyone else. LOL.

Dude, that's pathetic

Nov 23, 2015, 7:31 AM

What I wrote wasn't exactly high cerebral thought. Those were some basic observations. It doesn't TAKE much thought to come to those conclusions b/c it's obvious! When's the last times someone considered a team up by 20 as running up the score? Gimmie a break. If something that obvious comes across as rambling, then you must be pretty dim.

Waaaah. Be lucky we didn't beat you

Nov 22, 2015, 4:08 PM

As bad this time as the last time we were undefeated at this point in the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2015, 4:48 PM

Watson is on the active roster. The Coach can use him as sees fit. Situationally dependent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

crybaby...other than Watson there were a ton of 3rd and 4th

Nov 22, 2015, 4:55 PM

Stringers in late. Tigers could have put up 50 if they wanted to. I do wish they would have pulled Watson at end of the third, no need to risk injury.

There have been a lot of coaches not happy after playing us.***

Nov 22, 2015, 4:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2015, 5:21 PM

If we were trying to run up the score, DW would not have lined up at receiver. We were playing with 10 trying to keep the score down. Dabo doesn't run up the score period.

Tigers wanted to keep the ball. As far as DW,

Nov 22, 2015, 5:27 PM

He is a football player, they play! I wonder if he even broke a sweat in this game?

WF coach ought to be pleased that in typical classy Dabo

Nov 22, 2015, 6:22 PM

style that we did NOT go for score on that last drive - just like at Syracuse and a few more games, Dabo just lets the clock run out on Victory Play (March? Drive?)

Re: WF coach ought to be pleased that in typical classy Dabo

Nov 22, 2015, 6:34 PM

He just better be glad Dabo is a nice guy and did not want to run up the score....we could have scored 60+ if he wanted to but took the foot off the gas petal and did not try to score points after the half.....Go Tigers!!!!!

Thanks for affirming that Dabo is a class act for not

Nov 23, 2015, 4:33 PM

running up score!

My first impression of this coach when watching him on

Nov 22, 2015, 7:26 PM

TV in earlier games, was what a crybaby. That impression was correct.

Nov 22, 2015, 7:29 PM

How can we assume the guy had a problem with it when he literally said "I have no comment"?

Clawson, there was no win in anything you did.***

Nov 22, 2015, 7:37 PM

You got two choices, Coach Bugs - Buck Tooth

Nov 22, 2015, 7:53 PM

Put a competitive team out there and suffer with 4 quarters if DW4 and get your ### beat

OR

Lay down and we'll pull DW4 in mid-Q2, and getyourassbeat.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Nov 22, 2015, 9:10 PM

Do you serve cheese with that whine?

Nov 24, 2015, 12:13 PM

I am still trying to figure out why Watson was in the game as well? I must not be as smart as the WF coach. Could someone explain it to me?

Nov 24, 2015, 10:34 PM

Come on guys, we have more class than this. Lay off the derogatory comments about the Wake coach. What he says or thinks is no big deal. Let's focus on beating the next victim in Columbia!

Replies: 75
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic