Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So here we are, 2-0 after beating two power 5 teams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 74
| visibility 1

So here we are, 2-0 after beating two power 5 teams

Nov 27, 2020, 9:20 AM

to start the season for the first time in nearly 70 years. Of note, we beat both of those teams away from Littlejohn, by double digits, to win a tournament.

And yet (not surprisingly) I see multiple posts complaining about something. We played too fast, we missed shots too badly, etc. It’s almost if some “fans” here enjoy complaining about basketball.

Please get behind this team. They have worked their tails off these last 8 months, are just getting healthy, and have a lot of talent and depth. We have an excellent coaching staff, and we are going to have a good season. Enjoy the ride!

Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Re: So here we are, 2-0 after beating two power 5 teams

Nov 27, 2020, 9:25 AM

Wow. Discussion is not allowed. Got it.

We could have beat the Lakers!!! ### we're good!!! Look out Virginia!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course discussion is allowed.

Nov 27, 2020, 9:29 AM

Unfair criticism isn’t.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All discussion allowed. Including his. Which I agree with.***

Nov 27, 2020, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: So here we are, 2-0 after beating two power 5 teams ]

Nov 28, 2020, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: So here we are, 2-0 after beating two power 5 teams ]

We look way better then UVA does to start off the year. Just saying.

Nov 27, 2020, 9:28 AM

It’s clear we actually have a team with talent and depth this year. The ability to create some mismatches with our athletic big men should be fun. No matter the outcome, our basketball games should all be entertaining this year. Looking great so far!

Go Tigers!

Nov 27, 2020, 9:28 AM

The Judge is back... listen to the Judge...

Nov 27, 2020, 9:35 AM

And above all they're brilliant students that just happen to play basketball. Got to give kuddos to CBB and DRad prioritizing what matters most and not caving to the outside pressures.

Going to be a fun team to follow and watch develop. Seems to have a couple good recruits on the way too. Futures looking good.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great point! These are good guys who do well in the classroom and in the community.

Nov 27, 2020, 10:10 AM

A team we can be very proud of for sure.

Nov 27, 2020, 9:37 AM

As I sit here reading your post - and thinking: “Seriously Judge, you’re going to try to address the ‘glass always half empty crowd’ “? Then it occurred to me that here I was: “....thinking I’m going to say/tell you something you didn’t already know.... “ and BOOM - here I go (too). lolol

Guess I’ll just join you as we BOTH urinate into the wind, eh?!

Great game by our Tigers last night! I played high school bball and a LOT of rec ball. Just can’t understand why these college players can’t play every game without ever missing a shot, committing a foul, failing to block out, playing good defense, or turning the ball over, etc., and etc.?! Heck, I did it. Why can’t they?

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 27, 2020, 9:38 AM

Amen to what Judge Keller just posted. Maybe our fans think we are an NBA team.

Nov 27, 2020, 10:13 AM

We have probably 4 that will play in the NBA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2020, 1:29 PM

Im curious to know which four you think will be in the NBA. I see some potentially very good college players but not one NBA player yet. The season is early but I think the NBA is a stretch.

Nov 28, 2020, 8:40 AM

Lol right! Maybe the D league. I guess Hall could end up in the league though if he continues to improve. I would like to sss Simms get a chance but I doubt he would get on a roster. Not a knock on our guys. I believe we have a very good team but NBA talent is something different.

Nov 28, 2020, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Re: So here we are, 2-0 after beating two power 5 teams ]

TU for your t-net handle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 27, 2020, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: So here we are, 2-0 after beating two power 5 teams ]

ethucon said:

Amen to what Judge Keller just posted. Maybe our fans think we are an NBA team.

LOL, nobody will mistake good team defense for the NBA! ??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2020, 9:39 AM

I agree and think we should get behind this team. I watched both games and although not very pretty at times, they play with a lot of energy and they seem to be deeper than ever. There are several new faces that could make this season a very exciting one. I like the up tempo game they play and the defense is very good. I am excited to see what this team can do this year. Go Tigers!

Nov 27, 2020, 9:42 AM

Ditto JK. Congratulations Tiger ballers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2020, 9:47 AM

Thanks Judge for a little retrospect and reminding us to celebrate what we have now. Unfortunately, for me
I havent seen the first two games since they were not on real cable tv or should I say old school networks. I have listened to both games and been impressed with our tigers but I will hold off on my judgement and criticizing if there is any until after I have watched these tigers play. After watching many games in person at Littlejohn under Brad I know we will see a well coached team that will not quit so I have hope. Excited about the year and hoping for the best. Go Tigers.

I think you will like what you see.

Nov 27, 2020, 10:30 AM

On defense, we really get after it. Great ball pressure by our guards, sometimes picking them up full court. Very active getting in into passing lanes. We force a lot of turnovers.

On offense, we go up tempo when we can to get in transition. Our ball movement in the half court is improved. We have a lot of shooters. All five guys on the court can make the three, so that’s a huge advantage.

I see our main advantages being:

-Very good team speed and athleticism
-Excellent defense
-Good perimeter shooting
-Toughness/grit

Nov 27, 2020, 10:00 AM

Yaddah,Yaddah,Yaddah.YOU WANT SOME COMPLAINING? HERE GOES.
You left out the biggest excuse of all. There were no fans there to verify whether we won ,or lost.
How do you know we won? Whose to say that eSECpn hasn't gone in with MSNBC ,and now only reports FAKE SPORT NEWS STORIES.
And did you get any first hand reports of any Purdue player being tested for Covid ,which depleted their bench leaving them with only 11 players vs our 12.
And please don't give me that thing about working their tails off. When did this team practice?
Clemson didn't allow any students, let alone student athletes on campus for most of the spring/summer.
So you want complaints.
Just wait till Brad test positive for Swine Flu.

Nov 27, 2020, 10:17 AM

Leftie you “Skip” to the beat of a different drummer, but I like your sense of humor and sarcasm. I will say 2020 is a year that no one can predict what will happen with any degree of certainty.

Cautious optimism

Nov 27, 2020, 10:01 AM

Hard to erase seemingly 40 years of excellent fall starts only to fizzle out in the spring.

Will root em on and reserve judgment until mid February.

Nov 27, 2020, 10:03 AM

I am really happy with the potential of this team. I Love that our guards are lightning quick and were beating Purdue down the court all night for easy scores. I loved that we wore them down with the press and they started missing shots down the stretch. Brownell has all the pieces and parts he needs, talented back court with a lot of utility players and solid front court depth.

The ACC is a bit down this year, I think we have a legit shot to knock off a couple of powerhouses and finish in the top 5, with a tourney appearance.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2020, 10:08 PM

I'm hearing the Top 4 are really really good this year and finishing 5th would be saying a lot, as good as this team looks.

I think we shock that notion with a 3rd or 4th regular season ranking. Our staff develops and those 3 freshman will be hard to handle by season's end. Can't see it any other way, with all those seasoned other pieces around to aid the coaches.

Brad has options on top of options, to counter whatever is in front of our team. I can't recall having it this way before and we know he can coach in game..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 12:02 AM

purnell had this kind of depth, but not the versatility. And I think it is our talent at the guard positions that give us a shot against the upper echelon teams in the league. They looked lightening quick against Purdue and took care of the ball. I guess we will have to see more, but I like where we are this early in the season.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2020, 10:04 AM

Yes, it’s important to recognize that Clemson’s different sports programs may be on different levels, so we should appreciate whatever we gots.

You are seeing what some extra attention given to our basketball program can get us.

Nov 27, 2020, 10:35 AM

The facility upgrades and increased staff budget have allowed us to upgrade our talent and build some continuity. That’s huge.

Re: You are seeing what some extra attention given to our basketball program can get us.

Dec 1, 2020, 12:22 AM

That's exactly what I think has happened, plus, high school coaches that has known Brad for a long time know what kind of a person he is, and his knowledge of the game of BB.

But I do believe that most of all, that our facilities was a turn off to most recruits when they were being recruited to programs with up to date, and upgraded facilities that showed an interest in building a good program. A picture may say a thousand words, but the type of facilities a program has says a lot about a schools interest in building a successful BB program.

Putting on fresh lipstick, and redoing the makeup to Littlejohn definitely helped with keeping a recruits interest in our BB program!!! Plus Brad recognizing the importance of hiring the best available assistant that can recognize, and recruit talent that fits Brownell's coaching style. But, Brad needs to find a way to hold onto his assistants that are a plus to what he's doing, even if he has to sweeten their pot, out of his own pot, like what Dabo had to do to hold onto the ones that he felt was necessary to build his program. Once Dabo started winning consistently, he was able to get the administration to pay his assistants what they were worth to keep them, and Brownell will have to make that same sacrifice if Clemson is where he wants to stay for his career!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2-0 after beating two power 5 teams- Brad last night

Nov 27, 2020, 10:17 AM

said it will b night to night as far as who has a big gam etc. First gam Simms plays little and others step up. Last night Simms plays good D and scores too. We have a nice deep roster of size, talent and skill sets. I think the ability to get contributions from many different players will make us a challenge for some teams. The younger guys all show flashes of being nice solid players. I expect them to be fun to watch and hang in there with their grit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No complaints here

Nov 27, 2020, 10:20 AM

I’m hopeful but still skeptical due to past history. No doubt this team will play consistent defense. The majority of BBs teams have. Can they score consistently? That’s yet to be seen. I hope so. If so, they’ll be really good.

I agree, we can’t afford long scoring droughts this year.

Nov 27, 2020, 3:03 PM

I feel that we were capable of shooting better last year than we did, and I believe/hope that was due to lack of depth (as a result of injuries) which led to fatigue (tired legs).

This year, we have plenty of good shooters AND a lot of depth so the tired legs shouldn’t be an issue.

Hey JK - this clown show does the same thing consistently to

Nov 27, 2020, 10:25 AM

the football team - after the UNPRECEDENTED success we have had in the last 7 years.

Good luck getting it squashed with the bball team.

BUT ........

I’m ALL IN for both !!! Go Tigers ! ! !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I like what I've seen. I knew Simms was good, and I knew

Nov 27, 2020, 10:32 AM

we had some other decent pieces to build with, but dang, Hall and Baehre have serious basketball skills; look like they could play for Dook or UNC. Impressed with Honor as well. The depth can wear people down.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I like what I've seen. I knew Simms was good, and I knew

Dec 1, 2020, 12:43 AM

Depth is mostly the reason for about every successful team sport. Winning consistently is really hard to do, but it's pretty near impossible to do without better than average depth to backup the starters!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2020, 10:39 AM

Dude. We have the makings of a pretty good team. Brad's a good coach. Play hard on defense. Probably go 10 deep with guys that can contribute. Free throw shooting was pretty good for the first two games. But to not point out the inconsistent shooting? Come on. There's always something to improve upon. There will never be a perfect game.

No one said that we don’t have things to improve upon.

Nov 27, 2020, 11:07 AM

The point is to enjoy these two good wins, and realize that we have a lot of positives. The coaches will surely be laser focused on improving what needs to be improved. That’s their job, after all. Our job is to support them.

We shot 77% on free throws in the first two games. That’s more than just “pretty good.”

Shooting

Nov 27, 2020, 12:38 PM

Maybe during my 62 years, the game has charged, or the talent has gotten worse. But the number of bricks being thrown up - (by all teams) - is sad. Why would shooting decline?
Baehre has potential shooting.
Hunter had several real bricks. I used to believe he had a nice stroke.
Honor reminds me of a couple of shooter/scorers from the past.

What are your thoughts on why shooting is worse - or maybe it isn’t.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No one said that we don’t have things to improve upon.

Nov 27, 2020, 12:48 PM [ in reply to No one said that we don’t have things to improve upon. ]

I can’t believe you’re criticizing this team. Saying they have things to improve. That’s so unfair. They are 2-0.
Just chill out and enjoy the wins. Geez.

It’s exciting to see the veterans mixed with the new talent

Nov 27, 2020, 11:16 AM

I can’t remember a time we had this much depth (I went to school in the Shyatt-Purnell years)

Honor and Hall gave us an instant boost. Some of the other new guys look like solid contributors as well.

The ball movement on offense improved in the second half of MSU game. They played physical defense and were bigger than us.

I think this team should be fun to watch. They’re only going to get better

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will enjoy wins when we get them. Good start.

Nov 27, 2020, 12:26 PM

That being said, it does not mean that people with thoughts should not be able to share them.

There has been a lot of pain for the fan base to endure for many years. It does not all get washed away by two wins, but it is certainly a good start.
I watched the two games and for the first time since CBB came on, we appear to have Some depth. Time will tell if we can get an inside game when the outside game is off that night.
I was concerned when CBB is quoted as saying that he would not put both Sims and Hall in the game at the same time “because when he did it one time in a scrimmage- that team lost”.
Not sure coach K would take that same approach.

Hall has some skills. Sims played really well in the second game, was concerned after the first few minutes of the Purdue game.

Wow was that 7-4 guy for Purdue pretty effective? A 6’8” vs 7’4” is a tough matchup.

Can’t get better than 2-0. Let’s hope for continued improvement and maybe the pain of the past decade will slowly be washed away. Everyone wants generally the same things for the BB team. Competitive and winning our share. Sure there will be losses, but want some great wins against ranked teams along the way.

Go Tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I will enjoy wins when we get them. Good start.

Nov 27, 2020, 1:10 PM

How bout how well we defended him? The double teams didn’t result in 3’s and we made it extremely hard for him to even get the ball, especially in the second half.

This team is very good on both sides of the ball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Observations are not necessarily complaints. It would be

Nov 27, 2020, 12:29 PM

disingenuous to get on here after last nights game and say, "Wow, we really shot the ball well last night!" We did shoot almost 50%, but the misses were like two time zones away misses. That can certainly be improved upon.

I disagree a lot with you, Judge, on things pertaining to Clemson BB, but you are 100% correct here.

Nov 27, 2020, 1:19 PM

2-0 is a great start. 2-0 against Power 5 schools, one being Purdue, is even better!

College basketball can be ugly to watch even during the heart of the season. This is the beginning of the “COVID-19 Nothing Makes Any Dern Sense 2020” season. Y’all expect perfection from CLEMSON BASKETBALL right now. Coach Brownell has a bunch of new pieces to play with including injured players from last year that look closer to norm. Give this team time to figure things out.

I’ve only seen bits and pieces of the games so far, but I like the defensive intensity and overall athleticism so far. Shooting will get better as the team figures itself out.

I don’t complain after winning. A team can always get better, but the goal is the W and I’m stoked about 2-0.

Judge’s optimistic view is correct here. Drink the Kool-Aid til we find another way to lose to VT or Morehead State shocks us.

~JKB

Excellent start by the Tiger b-ball squad.

Nov 27, 2020, 1:28 PM

Solid team effort all the way around during this tourney. Reminded me of our world championship days.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

welcome to tigernet. Stick around and you will learn the

Nov 27, 2020, 3:49 PM

unwritten rules

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

"Playing Too Fast" is the winner ...

Nov 27, 2020, 8:58 PM

of the most moronic post so far.

Re: "Playing Too Fast" is the winner ...

Nov 27, 2020, 9:03 PM

Stupiderest post of the day.

Maybe it’s that ACC speed.

Nov 27, 2020, 9:06 PM [ in reply to "Playing Too Fast" is the winner ... ]

Those SEC and Big 10 basketball teams can’t compete with that. ??

So the full court pressure...

Nov 27, 2020, 9:14 PM

Are we doing it this year because we simply have the depth now? Because many of us have been clamoring for it for years. It clearly had an effect on our first 2 opponents. It’s not the “press”, but pressure. And it’s definitely disruptive. So why now? Depth?

I hope to see the defensive effort continue, as it’s been very good for the first 2 games.

I wasn’t impressed by beating MS ST - they were picked to finish 12/14 in the SEC. But we got up on Purdue, they came back and I figured we’d lose that game. But we made another run and played really well down the stretch. That was a solid win for sure.

I’ve always been a fan of the basketball team and I’m really hoping we’re finally turning the corner. Brownell and his inability to recruit has been very frustrating personally. But with some recruiting success we could really take off.

I’m also looking for PJ to start sooner rather than later. Need him and Simms on the court together.

Re: So the full court pressure...

Nov 28, 2020, 12:39 AM

We have one of the fastest guard groups I can remember and we are deep so Brad can rotate wholesale, almost, just to keep them fresh. The bigs that can also run the court have great handles so we are going to be heell on teams that can’t match our speed or break our press.

Don’t mess up my complaining forum Judge

Nov 28, 2020, 12:19 AM

??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2020, 8:38 AM

Disappointed that Miss St lost their game after us because they looked talented. Purdue is always a solid team so that was a huge win. Great for the confidence in all the new players getting lots of minutes. This team looks pretty dang good. Really good guard play and great skill down low that can stretch the court as well. After watching a few games around the college basketball world, I would say we looked well above average. I could see this team making a strong showing in the ACC.

Nov 30, 2020, 11:01 PM

I think that game was more about the first game of the season. Lots of first that game so I’ll say to that, that Miss St has some really significant challenges on their roster so I expect them to have a rough year.

Disappointed that Miss St lost their game after us because they looked talented. Purdue is always a solid team so that was a huge win. Great for the confidence in all the new players getting lots of minutes. This team looks pretty dang good. Really good guard play and great skill down low that can stretch the court as well. After watching a few games around the college basketball world, I would say we looked well above average. I could see this team making a strong showing in the ACC.

Nov 28, 2020, 9:20 AM

Just curious if you are aware that it is only the second time in 11 years Brownell has managed to open 2-0 against his first two P5 opponents? I assume you were just as openly critical those other 9 seasons as you expect everyone to be effusive in their praise now.

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Nov 30, 2020, 10:28 PM

Viz, really?

Shouldn’t we celebrate the bird in hand
first then #### on each other after we stumble?

Viz doesn’t seem to be able to enjoy success, or even find the positives in situations.

Nov 30, 2020, 10:39 PM

Seems like a sad way to go through life.

Re: Viz doesn’t seem to be able to enjoy success, or even find the positives in situations.

Nov 30, 2020, 10:57 PM

I’m gonna pay for Viz’s plane ticket to celebrate with us when we win the conference championship.

Re: Viz doesn’t seem to be able to enjoy success, or even find the positives in situations.

Dec 1, 2020, 11:47 PM

What does that even mean? You buying my ticket to the first round of the NCAA tournament? Because I pay my bets on T-net. Ask Clemalum07

142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Dec 1, 2020, 1:06 AM [ in reply to Viz doesn’t seem to be able to enjoy success, or even find the positives in situations. ]

JK, I've heard all my life that people that are always miserable about whatever, are never happy unless everybody around them are miserable. But i also heard that the best way to deal with them, is to not pay them any attention, and they will remain miserable, bc their misery didn't have an affect on you!!!!

Dec 1, 2020, 11:43 PM

Like all those positives you found in the Vanderbilt kicker situation? You’re a real ray of sunshine crying about girls ruining college football. Must have been a real peach to have been around Saturday.

Dec 1, 2020, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Viz doesn’t seem to be able to enjoy success, or even find the positives in situations. ]

Pointing out your naked hypocrisy has nothing to do with my enjoyment of the games.

Post something positive and supportive about this team. I dare you.***

Dec 1, 2020, 11:28 PM

Post something objective about Brownell’s tenure. i dare you***

Dec 1, 2020, 11:38 PM

Nice deflection.

Dec 1, 2020, 11:46 PM

Still waiting...

Re: Nice deflection.

Dec 1, 2020, 11:50 PM

You mean my deflection from your deflection? I asked you a direct question in my first reply above. You’ve cast aspersions and made your own deflections. I’ll gladly answer any follow ups if you can get on track.

Nov 28, 2020, 12:02 PM

Judge, I still can't believe you gave up on Coach Brownell a ways back. That surprised me. Welcome back. This team is going to be a great one.

Nov 28, 2020, 12:52 PM

The thought of Brad Brownell having some success will dashed water on their fire Brad chants, and that pissses them off!!!

I can't recall us ever being this deep

Nov 28, 2020, 1:20 PM

2 legit PG's and Trapp there in a pinch. Athletic across the board. We actually have 3 guys 6'10 or better who have some skill. Defense has been excellent, no surprise there, and with our depth we can extend pressure.

All comes down to shooting. Looked good against Purdue, I'm writing Miss St off to being the first game. I think we have a chance to be really good. And Newman is still working his way back. I'm actually very optimistic. We'll need the depth as our schedule this year is actually very good.

Re: I can't recall us ever being this deep

Nov 30, 2020, 10:22 PM

Dang striperfan, I’ve missed your posts brother! Good to see you and am loving your take! Mine matches!

Dec 1, 2020, 1:28 AM

I spent all of my posts last March on here trying to explain to the non-believers (in the future of the program) what we're seeing before our eyes today, and it feels good to see the optimism and hope turn into a reality. As I stated many times before, our depth is absolutely lethal...the best it's ever been under Brownell. We will play at least 10 players in most games this year, perhaps even more than that, and that bodes well for our future. Defensively, we look a LOT like the 2010-11 team (Brownell's first at Clemson) that threw guard-after-guard-after-guard at teams in the full court, looking for that cumulative effect.

I also appreciate that this will clearly be the third recruiting class in a row for Brownell where freshmen have played significant minutes during their first year, something that hasn't always been fair to say about Brad's recruits. The fact that players are playing earlier, and we've still won impressively, should be enough to show evidence of an uptick in recruiting.

Get on board with this team, folks. If the external world allows, it will be a fun ride.

Dec 2, 2020, 9:44 AM

It’s unreal that people couldn’t see the talent we had coming back.

I chalk it up to their blind disdain for Brad Brownelland their inability to think beyond our record since he has been here. They don’t realize that brownell is a really good coach and just an average recruiter. He needs the facilities, support, and big wins to turn the tide in recruiting. He ain’t dabo!!! The tide is turning and we are seeing the fruits of his labor recruiting wise.

Everyone knew last year was going to be a down year, but these idiots expected us to make the tourney. Last year was brownell’s best coaching job and I expect him to build upon that this year.

Buckle up! This year is going to be really fun to watch.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 7:37 AM

I was very impressed with Honor, Your Honor!

Dec 1, 2020, 7:59 AM

Judge Keller®

Good and fair poast. Speaking for me, I am withholding euphoria and criticism until I see more (I will admit to low-key enthusiasm) from this team. They have the hallmarks of a brownlee team, but looks like we've got a couple of gunners. Haven't had those since Oglesby.

Message was edited by: 1portroyalty®

I think the will beat UNC TWICE this year !

Dec 1, 2020, 12:01 PM

We too deep. UNC will NOT be able to keep up with our constant "line changes", fresh legs ... they rely on 5 or 6 guys ... we got 11 ? And all can play.

Replies: 74
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic