Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Zion is a "one and done" and has NO outside game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 3,315

Zion is a "one and done" and has NO outside game

Jan 21, 2018, 10:42 AM

Thus, I think we were more excited by the prospect of getting a #2 in the Nation vs "what value does this guy really bring to the team?". The answer is: Nominal.

We do better with really good ballplayers who play real WELL TOGETHER as a team vs "a superstar" and a supporting cast of characters .... that scenario usually does not work well

He would have one year here, and was there any guarantee that he would produce at the level hyped against ACC competition ? (High School hi-light reels have to be taken with a grain of salt)

Our inside game is great now with what we got ..

That Simms kid, Donte's hurt and I thought "On Nooooooooooo !", but then Simms came in ....

We Tooooooo Deep !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...I saw several of his games at S. Day

Jan 21, 2018, 10:46 AM

You will be surprised how well he can shoot from 15-20 ft. He just did not emphasize that part of the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am skeptical of his play

Jan 21, 2018, 10:52 AM

Against a bunch of goofy lads of Northern European heritage. Key is, how would he play against ACC caliber competition ? We don't know, its all speculation.

I'd rather have a bunch of good 2-4 Stars who grow and play well as a team, this year's team ...

I'll be blunt ... he comes here, and next year the game consists of feeding him the ball and everybody else just stands around ? We did with Blossingame, that suxed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's elite in transition and getting to the basket

Jan 21, 2018, 10:54 AM

That's the kind of player that you WANT getting the ball because he gets high percentage shots. It's not like the Melo or Kobe ISO on the perimeter.

Re: I am skeptical of his play

Jan 21, 2018, 11:06 AM [ in reply to I am skeptical of his play ]

You understand he plays on the travel circuits against other elite prospects and does the same thing, right?

This isn’t 1970 where you only play in high school or rec ball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL...I saw several of his games at S. Day

Jan 21, 2018, 11:14 AM [ in reply to LOL...I saw several of his games at S. Day ]

against who 5'5" kids that could not make a YMCA team. C'mon
man. The competition level will be 100 times what he has faced.
Force him to his right hand and it is either a turn over or he passes
to someone else, either way the ball is out of his hands. He has a lot
of work ahead of him to be the 5* he is rated. That said I would have
loved to him grow up in CU. and not PUKE.

Re: LOL...I saw several of his games at S. Day

Jan 21, 2018, 11:23 AM

Just saying...did you watch him play on the travel circuits against the other elite prospects?

Those are the players also going to Duke, Kentucky, etc. and the reason he’s ranked as high as he is. He didn’t become the #2 prospect by playing at S. Day.

So he sucks now that he didn’t commit to clemson?

Jan 21, 2018, 10:49 AM

Got it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is over-rated, see posts on "Great NBA players from Duke"

Jan 21, 2018, 10:57 AM

There are very few great NBA players from Duke. Discuss amongst yourselves ....

lol wow

Jan 21, 2018, 11:02 AM

He's now overrated because of Duke's history of players in the league. Gotcha!

Re: He is over-rated, see posts on "Great NBA players from Duke"

Jan 21, 2018, 11:22 AM [ in reply to He is over-rated, see posts on "Great NBA players from Duke" ]

He is not overrated at all. He is as good as advertised. That does not mean he will be great in college or the league but if I had to bet I wouldn't bet against him.

Re: Zion is a "one and done" and has NO outside game

Jan 21, 2018, 10:50 AM

Awww you sound bitter. Had he chose Clemson would you still feel like that? Doubt it... Kid is a baller and he would've made Clemson better. Quit the BS

What value could a lottery pick possibly bring to this team?

Jan 21, 2018, 10:52 AM

SMH

Op-if that makes you feel better, stay with it.

Jan 21, 2018, 11:03 AM

I for one would have loved to have him in Orange and Purple. I do recall the old adage that if you can't get an official visit that you probably not in the game. Move on without the bitterness or rationalization. Just saying.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need to be concerned what value Brownell brings to the team

Jan 21, 2018, 11:05 AM

Instead of throwing shade at Zion bc he didn't commit to our mediocre program.....

Re: We need to be concerned what value Brownell brings to the team

Jan 21, 2018, 11:28 AM

Well we’re ranked in the top 20 and have a pretty good recruiting class coming in.

Also trending to be a solid tourney team this year, so I would say that’s some good value.

Not a very good jump shooter will keep him in

Jan 21, 2018, 11:08 AM

school or the D league for a while.

Re: Not a very good jump shooter will keep him in

Jan 21, 2018, 11:24 AM

Lol he could play in the league today.

That's ridiculous. Almost all of these prospects have some

Jan 21, 2018, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Not a very good jump shooter will keep him in ]

kind of flaw in there games. Lebron wasn't a good shooter coming out of HS either. If Zion were a really good outsider shooter he would be one of the best prospects in the last decade. Instead he's merely the #2 overall recruit in 2018.

Jan 21, 2018, 11:20 AM

Our inside game is good but not great. We do a good job driving and drawing fouls but besides Thomas we do not have a good big game.

Jan 21, 2018, 11:25 AM

ZW is not coming to Clemson, there are 3 young men that ARE coming. They seem to be good players with a lot to offer. Like the 6-11 size and Newman is a scorer. Tyson looks to be solid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2018, 8:38 AM

OP is a chicken fan and a troll.

He posts over the top nonsense here and that is it. He was a massive Brownell hater when that was convenient then magically turned into a big Brownell fan. Claims to be a big bball fan but cant even spell our players names correctly.

Message was edited by: Clemalum07®

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

#WhoHurtYou***

Jan 22, 2018, 8:55 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He would have been a huge boost...period.*****

Jan 22, 2018, 8:59 AM

Replies: 23
| visibility 3,315
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive