Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If y’all get a chance today,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

If y’all get a chance today,

Jul 30, 2018, 3:00 PM

Tell your mothers you love them and appreciate them. My mom lost her battle to cancer Saturday morning and Is in a much much better place right now. Hospice was called in Friday and the doctors figured she had about a week or so left. She first got cancer about 8 yrs ago and it came back as stage 4 about 2 yrs ago and she fought it like a champ. Never once did she complain or say she was in pain. She hadn’t taken a pain med in over a month and the hospice nurse couldn’t believe it, he said that was very rare. She was the toughest person I’d ever known, man or woman. I’m not one for attention so that’s not the reason I post this. I just figured if one person read this and told their mom they loved them by phone call or txt or whatever it might make her day. Anyway, sorry for the sad stuff but hope everybody has a good week.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm confused

Jul 30, 2018, 3:01 PM

mother's day is the 2nd sunday in may

i'm sorry for your loss

Re: I'm confused

Jul 30, 2018, 3:24 PM

it doesn't have to be Mother's Day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm confused

Jul 30, 2018, 11:18 PM [ in reply to I'm confused ]

you are much more than confused........Go Tigers!!!!!!!!

Man that is one cold response to a genuinely heartfelt post!

Jul 31, 2018, 8:55 PM [ in reply to I'm confused ]

I can't believe anyone, could be that inconsiderate. Just unbelievable. The OP opened his heart to his Tiger family and you did at least finally manage to throw in a sorry for your loss.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If y’all get a chance today,

Jul 30, 2018, 3:08 PM

I feel for you MC. I lost my mom back in 2001. I still tell her I love her every day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry for your loss.***

Jul 30, 2018, 3:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

my sincere condolences! I tell my mother everyday I love

Jul 30, 2018, 3:14 PM

her. She's special.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2018, 3:21 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my mother about 3 and half years ago due to heart failure. She would have been 90 later that year. Well I'll be praying for you and your family.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2018, 3:25 PM

Very sorry for your loss.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sorry for your loss. I will say a prayer for you, your mom

Jul 30, 2018, 3:57 PM

and your family.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Losing Mom-Mother seens to hit harder than losing Dad, for many.

Jul 30, 2018, 4:06 PM

It was for me at least. Ruth “RuRu” was Alzheimer for several years but died of heart attack but we had some great Mother-Son time last 1 1/2 years in HHI area and a real joy & fun to be around since still recognized most of us..and loved her wine & sweets and dressing up to be taken out to dine right up to last few days.

Taught her how to Shag Dance couple steps/turns just 3 months prior..plus she hit a low miniature basketball rim-net in nursing home hallway from 10’ out 11 of 12 attempts!

My Condolences to you on your loss!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2018, 4:00 PM

Great post and so sorry to hear about your mother. They are indeed special!

So sorry for your loss. Know how you feel. Lost my mother

Jul 30, 2018, 4:08 PM

several years ago to cancer. Prayers for you & your family.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry for your loss MC.***

Jul 30, 2018, 4:10 PM

Its been 11 years since my mom passed...

Jul 30, 2018, 4:10 PM

Miss her daily.....

:(

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im sorry for your loss. It's tough. I lost my Mom this past May to cancer as well***

Jul 30, 2018, 4:28 PM

Jul 30, 2018, 4:47 PM

Dads too. Maybe your Grandma as well if you still have her around. I lost both of them to cancer. Sorry for your loss.

Jul 30, 2018, 4:55 PM

I tell my mom I love her everyday, she has dementia and I try to spend all the time I can with her. She is 86. So sorry for your loss, prayers up.

Jul 30, 2018, 4:53 PM

Keep your head up man. I lost my mom two years ago so I understand what you saying.

Jul 30, 2018, 4:53 PM

Sorry for your loss. You will see her again one day

I wish I could but I could only do it through a prayer. She died after suffering through Alzheimers for years. Horrible disease. Still miss her and my Dad

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry for your loss.

Jul 30, 2018, 5:27 PM

I lost mine 13 years ago. It takes time brother that’s all I can say.

Jul 30, 2018, 5:39 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family during this time.

Jul 30, 2018, 6:42 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your mother and send prayers to your family. She would be proud to know you have taken this opportunity to remind others to show proper appreciation to our moms as well. She did a great job. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with the rest of us.

Jul 30, 2018, 7:17 PM

I totally understand your loss. I cried like a baby when my mom was killed in a car accident. She was extremely poor and I would send her money each month. Several months after her death the funds for the last check was returned to my account because she had never deposited it. I cried again knowing that she did not get to spend that last check. Losing a parent hurts to the core. I loved my parents. If not for my mom, I would never have gone to Clemson.

Jul 30, 2018, 7:22 PM

I feel you. I lost my father in 2005 and my mother in 2014. I’m praying for you. Remember, to be absent from the body is to be present with the lord. Enjoy them while they here!

Jul 30, 2018, 7:53 PM

Point well made. My mom would've been 101 today, but left us 14 years ago. Missed a last chance because we didn't expect it.

I promise you, though, she'll always be there.

I lost my mother five years ago

Jul 30, 2018, 7:58 PM

Still think about her every day.

My wish for you is peace and sweet memories. Being able to smile through the tears is a precious thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2018, 9:36 PM

Thanks everybody. Y’all are so amazing. Thank you all for the kind words.

I’m so sorry for your loss.

Jul 30, 2018, 9:42 PM

I lost my mom last year, and I miss her terribly. It’s a daily struggle to know that she is gone, but thankfully I have a lot of amazing memories to cherish. Plus the knowledge that I will see her again in Heaven one day. I am glad you have that knowledge too.

I will be praying for you and your family, friend. God bless you.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Very sorry for your loss

Jul 30, 2018, 10:29 PM

Your mother sounded like a brave and wonderful person. May God bless you and your family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please, accept my sincere sympathies while

Jul 30, 2018, 11:08 PM

complimenting you for this thoughtful and considerate post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2018, 11:17 PM

God bless you man........very sorry for your loss........Go Tigers!!!!!!!

Jul 31, 2018, 8:52 AM

So sorry for your loss

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

So deeply sorry for your loss

Jul 31, 2018, 9:03 AM

And you are right.......I need too tell her. No matter how much I do, it's just never enough. Thank you for sharing. God bless.

Re: So deeply sorry for your loss

Jul 31, 2018, 2:43 PM

Know what you are going through MC. Lost my Mom on August 15th of last year. It helps a great deal when you know where they are now and its a wonderful place.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2018, 2:53 PM

i'd love to tell my mom in person how much I love her and how much I appreciate everything that she did for me,but unfortunately,our family lost her in 1981 for the same reason as your mom.however,that fact doesn't stop me from telling her how I feel each and every time I pray.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Prayers for you and your family.***

Jul 31, 2018, 5:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jul 31, 2018, 7:50 PM

Very sorry for your loss. I lost mine about 8 years ago, and that is a part of you that you will never get over losing. Just by seeing that you have lost your mother, it has brought those raw emotions back to me just like I had just lost my mother all over again. Our mothers are a part of us and is the absolute reason we have a life to live. May God bless her soul for eternity!!! Again, very sorry for your loss....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2018, 8:15 PM

Sorry for your loss! And I follow your advise with my Mother!

Jul 31, 2018, 8:30 PM

Prayers!

Very sorry for your loss...

Jul 31, 2018, 8:42 PM

...I lost my dad this past January to cancer also. Hang in there and remember the good times. Sounds like your mom was a heck of a lady. I know you will miss her.

Btw, I assume that some well-meaning idjit fat-fingered the TD button on your post by accident.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Aug 1, 2018, 6:53 AM

I have been reading for years but did not think I would ever post until I read your message. My mother has recently been diagnosed as well so your post touched me. I am sorry for your loss and wish you and your family peace.

You should post more - you’re already WAY better than

Aug 1, 2018, 7:52 AM

Francis Marion®

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Aug 1, 2018, 8:39 AM

I am sorry for your loss. My younger sister is undergoing chemo treatment today for stage four ovarian cancer and faces many challenges.

Our mother just had to relocate to an assisted living facility because my sister has been her primary caregiver for years. I fear our mother will decline as a result of all that is taking place, but at age ninety-five she could no longer be cared for at home without direct care.

All younger posters need to recognize what lies ahead regarding major illness and care for your aging parents and other relatives. You too need to plan accordingly.

Go Tigers!

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic