Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, coots have 1 FB title ( ACC in '69) & only 1 road game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

So, coots have 1 FB title ( ACC in '69) & only 1 road game

Apr 26, 2014, 2:12 PM

that year..at Wake Forest! Geez, and they want to put that only title banner up in one end of WB Stadium after all the crud they give us about how weak the ACC is/was? SORRY!

GoTiGERS...winners of 18 ACC Football Titles, and more to come imo.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well not to support the Coots, but Bozo's conference did

Apr 26, 2014, 2:40 PM

have a strong Maryland program who won a national title in football back in the 50's and were top 10 material in the early 70's. In addition, Baby Blue fielded some top ten teams in the late 70's and early 80's. Besides them, Clemson was the Bama of the conference most years from 1981 till 1990 and whipped many a national opponent on the bowl scene.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well not to support the Coots, but Bozo's conference did

Apr 26, 2014, 3:48 PM

When Maryland won the National Title it was right after the ACC was formed. The ACC member teams had no chance of winning a title until the NCAA set standards for admissions and number of scholarships in the 1970's. Before that SEC schools had no admission standards or limits on scholarships the ACC had both, putting it's member school at a huge disadvantage, this is the reason South Carolina left the ACC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guess that didn't work out too well for them..***

Apr 26, 2014, 9:18 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, coots have 1 FB title ( ACC in '69) & only 1 road game

Apr 26, 2014, 2:51 PM

Do you really have to go back and talk about the Gamecock 69 season ....for what ? That was 1969. There is not one....not one Gamecock that thinks we were good before Spurrier took over and even then not until 2009. To keep posting all this stuff about our past is not going to make us worse then....or erase what we have done lately. We haven't won an SEC title since then and we had one East title and got blown out in the SEC Championship game.....We already know that. We have been a national power since 2010 and NO ONE in the nation will say otherwise except the Clemson fan base. Face it guys....we are a better national program since 2009 and we have the rankings to prove we were better than Clemson and the wins to prove it. We as Gamecocks will all admit before Swinney you owned us....but since....well I will stop there.

Key phrase: "erase what we have done" like Coots do

Apr 26, 2014, 2:53 PM

when they dismiss the Tigers as having the better program in the state the last 100+ years. 5 years are a drop in the bucket.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Key phrase: "erase what we have done" like Coots do

Apr 26, 2014, 3:06 PM

No Gamecock I know has done that. It's just the 5 year thing that crawls under the Clemson fans skin. It's not anyone saying they never owned us. Every Gamecock admits to that but you can't use your past to dismiss our 5 year run either.

You've had a good program over the past 5 years.

Apr 26, 2014, 3:09 PM

But what have you won?

Inbe4 "We beat you 5 times."

We've at least won a conference title and a BCS game over the past 5 years.

Re: You've had a good program over the past 5 years.

Apr 26, 2014, 3:12 PM

It is what it is dude....we have 5 straight over Clemson despite what you've done. We beat you when you won your ACC title and when you won your BCS bowl game. So like I said...it is what it is.

Re: You've had a good program over the past 5 years.

Apr 26, 2014, 3:28 PM

Scar has been a national power, so have we. After Clemson lost to Scar, we beat a very good LSU team, and last year beat an OSU team that was one game away from the national championship game. Scar has been our hiccup and outplayed us, and FSU. Both good teams, we have played in more meaningful games with OSU being BCS and playin in ACC championship. The rivalry is fun now, we just need to win now! Lol I do think that Scar fans are alot more proud of beating us than we were of beating y'all, although 5 is alot. But if we ever win again I'm one bombing everybody

That didn't really answer my question.

Apr 26, 2014, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Re: You've had a good program over the past 5 years. ]

Yep. You beat us 5 straight times. I don't like it.

But did you accomplish any other goals? Conference titles? BCS games?

While the 5 in a row is certainly a blemish, we've also accomplished just about all our other goals short of a national championship. That's the reason Dabo is still around right now.

At what point do you want something more than beating us? Or are you satisfied with just that?

Re: That didn't really answer my question.

Apr 26, 2014, 3:44 PM

This is just a start. We had the 100 year chicken curse to deal with (I think it reside in the upstate according to the curse giving laws). We are just starting the 2000's so at the end of the 2000's heading into the 3000's....well we'll see.

"at the end of the 2000's heading into the 3000's..."

Apr 26, 2014, 3:56 PM

"...we'll see".

LOL. Will you?

And by the way, Clemson leads every national measurement since 2000. But lucky for you, solace can be taken considering it's not as bad as it's been the majority of your life.

Major error..."5 years"..

Apr 26, 2014, 3:38 PM [ in reply to You've had a good program over the past 5 years. ]

5 years ago they were 7-6, lost to UCONN in some meaningless bowl, and finished ranked somewhere in the 40's.

4 years, maybe, but not 5.

Really? Down here in Cooterville it is talked about a lot

Apr 26, 2014, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Key phrase: "erase what we have done" like Coots do ]

how Clemson being better was ALL a big sham that the Coots "woulda" "shoulda" and in the end "really were better than Clemson" blah, blah, blah.

It's the fact we are the historically better program that naws at you and brings you to your rivals site. Great for you being good 5 years. But to take 5 years as the end of all is real funny.

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

I hate to break the bad news to you, but...

Apr 26, 2014, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Re: So, coots have 1 FB title ( ACC in '69) & only 1 road game ]

Nobody gives a rat's ### about uSC.

Good luck with that SEC championship Spurrier promised.

Clemson is

Apr 26, 2014, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: So, coots have 1 FB title ( ACC in '69) & only 1 road game ]

more of a national brand that South Carolina in football. It isn't even close just go look at the non-conference TV ratings for Clemson verse the TV rating for South Carolina in non-conference games it's not close. Yes South Carolina has been good over the last 5 years, but the difference between the two schools as far as talent and the game isn't that great.

The streak will come to and end so and when it does Clemson nation is going to give you and your other feathered friends hell!!! You want be able to use the same excuse you used during all of those 4 year win streaks Clemson had that it doesn't matter!! The actions of your coach, your players, and yours fans over the last five years proves that. It wasn't that long ago when your fans were trying to rationalize why it didn't matter and maybe we should quit playing. Clemson fans didn't give there feathered friends a hard time about losing to Clemson because it had become common place and expected. Those days are over just get ready for the wrath because its coming!!!

4 years.***

Apr 26, 2014, 4:01 PM

Only titles that really count are national titles***

Apr 26, 2014, 3:31 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

conference titles count too. i think that's what started this, but coots

Apr 26, 2014, 4:29 PM

don't have one of those either, except the crappy ACC title from 69 when no one in the conference was any good that year. If they had any SoCon titles to boast of, you absolutely know they would have huge banners for those too painted in Willy-B.

And they know they aren't ever getting an SEC one either. Talk about getting under their skin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Does it have an asterisk beside it?***

Apr 26, 2014, 7:41 PM

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic