Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, conservatives/nazis ($1.00 to Wilbur for the hyperbole)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 406

So, conservatives/nazis ($1.00 to Wilbur for the hyperbole)

Jan 15, 2019, 1:32 PM

So many seem to agree that Trump is the scum of the Earth and a terrible human being but say they voted for him because he will appoint conservative judges.

What mistakes have the liberal court made in the last 100 years that you feel a conservative court will help rectify?

Also, what issues important to you right now, do you feel that a conservative court would help in maintaining the status quo? Don’t say protect the 2nd amendment as that has not ever nor will it ever be in danger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, conservatives/nazis ($1.00 to Wilbur for the hyperbole)

Jan 15, 2019, 1:38 PM

I want them to keep social issues at bay and maintain States' rights in most cases, which a Conservative court is more than likely to maintain.

Thats all I got.

BTW, I do not think Trump is a terrible human being. Terrible people inflict harm on others like rapists, murderers, drug dealers, etc.. He isnt a terrible human being, just misguided. And no, I do not know how to change that, but you are over the top in many cases as are others when speaking about the sitting President. I like the wall, do not care who pays for it and I like adding judges at the border to expedited the process of deportation. I like the tax cuts and I also like the fact that social issues have been kept at bay with this President.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Misguided? By whom?

Jan 15, 2019, 1:41 PM

That is an interesting thing to ascribe to this President. He doesn't seem to be guided by anyone or anything, which is a problem. But I'm interested in your perspective here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once again, anyone who sez his heroes are the ones

Aug 21, 2023, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: So, conservatives/nazis ($1.00 to Wilbur for the hyperbole) ]

who didn’t get captured, calls a police officer a coward in public, or makes fun of the looks of other candidates wives is a terrible person.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I read his reply twice.

Jan 15, 2019, 2:34 PM

I never saw where he said Trump was his hero.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump was caught on tape instructing another man on how to assault women?

Jan 15, 2019, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: So, conservatives/nazis ($1.00 to Wilbur for the hyperbole) ]

What most people missed in the “grab them by the $&@?y” moment was what Trump was actually doing. It ain’t just what he said.

He was instructing another man on how to abuse power and celebrity to sexually assault women. He was telling another human how to be a criminal.

So yes. He is a bad person, he’s a criminal.

Re: Trump was caught on tape instructing another man on how to assault women?

Jan 15, 2019, 2:27 PM

guess you forget that we had an actual president that used a teenager as a humidor in the oval office no doubt. not to mention all the other women he assaulted. and god only knows what jfk did in there.

Yep, Clinton also a terrible person.***

Jan 15, 2019, 2:31 PM

Telling someone else how to be a criminal makes you a

Jan 15, 2019, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Trump was caught on tape instructing another man on how to assault women? ]

criminal?

Please..tell me more.

Joe, I wish I had time to give you a proper answer

Jan 15, 2019, 1:59 PM

but the expansion of the Commerce Clause under the New Deal Court is a big one for me. See Wickard v. Filburn. There are numerous cases which broke the back of economic substantive due process.

Then there are the liberal cases which we were saddled with under the Warren Court. The Fourteenth Amendment essentially began to envelope the rest of the constitution and, became applicable to the Sovereign States as well. So-called rights were created out of whole cloth and incorporation became entrenched.

After the Warren Court we got the abomination of Roe v. Wade which has no real basis in the text of the Constitution.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joe, I wish I had time to give you a proper answer

Jan 15, 2019, 2:09 PM

Wait, maybe I'm interpreting it wrong, but are you saying the courts should not apply the 14th to the states?

well maybe just the 2nd Amendment

Jan 15, 2019, 3:55 PM

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know he wont respond to this

Jan 15, 2019, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Joe, I wish I had time to give you a proper answer ]

Too much evidence to contradict his statements.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

But how does having a conservative court now walk back

Jan 15, 2019, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Joe, I wish I had time to give you a proper answer ]

the expansion of the commerce clause?

Also, the Warren Court was awesome and brought us out of the dark ages. Tell me what you would change when you find time.

True about Roe V. Wade, and the only instance I can think of where this court would be beneficial to you, and that will occur when a state legislature outlaws abortion.

Replies: 13
| visibility 406
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic