Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Caught red handed.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Caught red handed.

Sep 22, 2020, 8:17 AM

https://apnews.com/cfb43dd5a28dd449cd1100a067cfd112

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess my question would be...

Sep 22, 2020, 8:27 AM

is the area of the website dealing with COVID recommendations an area where extreme precaution would be practiced before any info would be published? Explanation doesn’t seem plausible unless somebody is fired over this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

shhhhh .... these are scientists

Sep 22, 2020, 8:34 AM

They are infallible, unbiased, and beyond reproach

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Germans...posted yesterday***

Sep 22, 2020, 8:36 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do we know who is actually publishing anything at the CDC

Sep 22, 2020, 8:53 AM

at this point? Could be CDC scientists, or it could be the administration they report to (or HHS).

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/18/health/covid-19-testing-guidance-cdc-hhs/index.html?fbclid=IwAR1jBCLS-e0slDXLSUXUmQJTeKwUCROuE4jnXkovjCV5AhuVrnzeZ1xsYZ0

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's what happened. It was published by lower tier

Sep 22, 2020, 9:27 AM

scientists at the CDC. Their bureaucratic supervisors, upon higher orders, removed it ASAP as it is not in line with the administration of the President. That is what happened. Some will point to the CDC as inept, their scientists as bought and paid for by the dems, whatever.

FACT is this has been known since February when Chinese studies from December and January confirmed aerosol transmission OVER 6 FEET AWAY. Now, that's China, and we know we can't trust them. Then, around April, further studies were done, mostly in Europe, some in the US, and the same conclusion was reached. They found multiple examples of aerosol transmission. On cruise ships (Japan), chior practice (US), on buses, planes, restrooms, and restaurants. Studies from Italy, Spain, the US, England, Germany, Japan, South Korea, Australia, etc. By APRIL the scientific community recognized aerosol transmission in enclosed places, and knew transmission could be carried in crowded enclosed places, especially with little ventilation. Or THROUGH ventilation. And you can still claim the original Chinese studies were BS, and that's fine. But they still took great pains and expense to mandate and retrofitted, modify, and BUILT hospitals with negative air pressure. A lot of trouble to perpetuate a lie just to make Donald freaking Trump look bad. They even took to the wholesale industrial spraying of air in cities (mostly for appearances I expect).

Well, the WHO still refused to believe aerosol transmission was a problem, as they are the new world authority on covid since the CDC has been muzzled. So they held off, and kept holding off, until 239 scientists from 32 countries around the world, citing dozens of peer reviewed studies, sent a letter to the WHO on July 6th. And we all know a consensus means nothing. Only a consensus of scientists from 32 countries does manage to hold some scientific weight beyond politics. So on July 9th, the WHO admitted scientific evidence has concluded aerosol transmission is possible, and has been documented. That was over 2 months ago.

Now even more studies confirm this. Heck, mask studies done by DHEC in SC even confirm this by the reduction in spread, which is WHY masks were finally mandated, at least locally in SC. We took the WHO data, the knowledge it spreads via aerosol transmission, and started mandating masks, even as the CDC sat on their hands with their mouth muzzled. Back RIGHT AROUND OUR PEAK, which was July 9th. Humm....from that point forward, cases declined as states, and in SC municipalities, mandated masks.

And here we are today, September 9th, and the CDC dares post guidance the entire rest of planet Earth accepts at this point, and it's removed. "Honest mistake"? "Internal error"?

This is why Donald Trump loses in November. Totally not political. Americans recoil at this style of leadership, GOP or DEM. This is beyond the politics and issues for many.

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This repelling of confirmed facts

Sep 22, 2020, 9:49 AM

especially scientific facts has got to stop. Not just here in the US but globally.

But it is especially bad here in the US by people who don't understand how science works.

Scientists come out and say A. Then do more research and realize that A works, but B is better

Then we have idiots coming in screaming THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT, THEY SAID A BUT NOW THEY SAY B.

And it's both political spectrums. Republicans flat out refuse to believe proven scientific facts like global warming and wearing a mask. Democrats rely on it way too much and don't give time for the research to play out. They find the first study and hammer that even though scientists are still gathering data.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: This repelling of confirmed facts

Sep 22, 2020, 9:56 AM

Even worse, now they've gone from saying B to saying S.

So what are we supposed to think about this B/S?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This repelling of confirmed facts

Sep 22, 2020, 10:36 AM [ in reply to This repelling of confirmed facts ]

That is a load of BS. Everyone knows the earth warms and cools in cycles. I can know my family has been wearing masks before most people even knew about the virus as I have posted before. The Dem. are saying the sky is falling we have to throw away everything and go with this green new deal. I don't think we can control what the earth is doing and we will never get China and India to stop polluting the air. I have an ideal for you tho. Go plant a tree.

I am a firm believer the Earth will take care of us

Sep 22, 2020, 10:58 AM

long before we destroy it. We can't destroy the planet, actually. No way possible. Blow up every nuke, still can't. Nature has ways of regulating species who overpopulate and adapt a little to well to live in harmony with nature. Civid is just the appetizer IMO. Heck 1/4 of current US covid deaths each year already happen from antibiotic-resistant bacteria.

Mark my words, in 100 years there will be less humans on Earth than there are now.

Exhibit A ... Chernobyl ... wildlife is flourishing

Sep 22, 2020, 1:26 PM

At the reactor site

We know the CDC shut Dr Chu down when she ...

Sep 23, 2020, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Do we know who is actually publishing anything at the CDC ]

identified the virus and warned about the spread in WA. We also know the CDC demanded they had the ultimate authority over testing and refused to allow her to continue test while the CDC botched six weeks of testing due to faulty test kits.

I blame that on Trump can you? Can you muster up enough courage to say the CDC put America six weeks behind on testing and blame Trump for not using the defense production act earlier and taking testing out of the hands of an incompetent government bureau?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What were they caught doing?

Sep 22, 2020, 9:51 AM

Are you saying it wasn't just a mistake?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep.

Sep 22, 2020, 11:00 AM

Maybe a policy mistake, but not a science mistake.

Re: Yep.

Sep 23, 2020, 1:23 PM

What's the right answer scientifically? The one they posted and then deleted?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Caught red handed.

Sep 22, 2020, 11:08 AM

Maybe the facts are that no one really knows very much about this virus (except the Chinese) other than you can have no symtoms to die from it depending on pre-existing conditions. Mask, Social Distance Hand Washing makes sense so why even listen to the other BS. Protect yourselves Tigers until the vaccine is available.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think folks should make up their minds.

Sep 22, 2020, 12:22 PM

Either the CDC is our savior and Trump did well to listen and take CDC's advise and guidance or the CDC is fake science from bureaucrats who put the bureau first, science second and public health concerns last.

You can't cry science then fail to back the CDC. It's hypocritical to blame Trump when the CDC blows its job then give the CDC credit when it works right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or, folks could see reality instead of your fantasy world

Sep 22, 2020, 12:25 PM

where a government run science organization never alters or changes course while under political influence.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt Trump was aware of Dr Chu's warnings to the CDC...

Sep 23, 2020, 2:01 PM

of the dangers of the virus back in Jan. The CDC demanded that she quit testing being that they maintained all control over testing then proceeded to botch Chinesevirus testing for weeks rather than hitting the ground running in WA where Helen Chu showed them the virus was active.

My issue with Trump is that he should have been watching his CDC more closely.

Or Trump's not taken their advice, generally been at odds

Sep 22, 2020, 12:33 PM [ in reply to I think folks should make up their minds. ]

with them, and interfered with their guidance. We've seen plenty of examples of that.

And why is there always a false dichotomy? Everything has to be either/or?

Both have muddied the waters enough to not be able to trust either, but the evidence points more towards political interference than scientific incompetence.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So 'bring her forth and let her scream.'

Sep 23, 2020, 1:33 PM

I'm hearing a lot about how Trump botched the response and how he ignored the 'scientist,' and sinned against the 'gods of science. Twice I asked for examples but all I got was 'you're kidding,' and 'I can't believe you don't know,' or 'just how ignorant can you be.'

I presume you will give me a list of things which Fauci, Brix, Redfield or any of Trump's response team where he refused to take their recommendations. In case you're kinds stuck here...so no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmIVpib0yJs

I think the point is nobody cares

Sep 22, 2020, 12:34 PM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic