Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tajh Boyd
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 2,082

Tajh Boyd

Nov 2, 2012, 1:20 AM

Tajh Boyd will be First Round Draft pick in NFL after next season. Mark My Words. He's Good Enough.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

logan thomas is tall***

Nov 2, 2012, 1:33 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tajh Boyd

Nov 2, 2012, 6:17 AM

He's good,but I don't think he's that good.
Second round is probably a better choice.There are a few better college QB'S out there and considering the NFL is loaded with good talent at the helm.,it seems unlkely he will go in the first round.
Not saying he won't but too much has to happen for Tajh to go first round!

Nov 2, 2012, 6:22 AM

Let me guess,Connor Shaw will be taken 6th overall right after Logan Thomas? LMAO!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So because he doesn't think Tajh Boyd will be a first round

Nov 2, 2012, 7:24 AM

draft pick, because of the current talent in the NFL - rather thinking he'll be a second round pick - the guy is a Gamecock loving coot??

You have issues dude.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

Re: So because he doesn't think Tajh Boyd will be a first round

Nov 2, 2012, 1:22 PM

Its a known fact he is a lover of ####. You are right I do have issues. I have issue with you dumbazz coots on our board all the time. Seems to me you are the one with the issue. Kinda sad when you come to your rivals board in search of relevance

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2012, 2:18 PM

CRACKLE!!!!

nope not the same as BOOM!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Nov 2, 2012, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: So because he doesn't think Tajh Boyd will be a first round ]

null

not trying to burst your bubble but Troy Smith who played

Nov 2, 2012, 7:08 AM

at Ohio State and was the heisman trophy winner had similar measurables to Tahj and got drafted in the 5th round. I think if Tahj can make an NFL roster and get a little cash in the process he should be proud.

The NFL has a different code of measuring potential. There's really only one QB in that 6-1 range that has ever been any good and thats Drew brees...

Tahj's time to shine is in College, so i look forward to watching him go as far as he can here at Clemson. But I think he could make a roster but it will most likely be a mid round to late round pick.

Tarkenton, Len Dawson, Flutie, Vick, S.Wallace, R.Wilson

Nov 2, 2012, 7:22 AM

Say hello. All are shorter than Boyd.

And which of those guys is even in the same

Nov 2, 2012, 7:27 AM

stratosphere as Drew Brees - also a 2nd round draft pick.

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

Tarkenton certainly was. Brett Farvre and Aaron Rogers come

Nov 2, 2012, 7:34 AM

to mind, and they are only 6'2". Besides, the point wasn't that Tajh will be an NFL Hall of Famer, but that his height (or perceived lack thereof) will not prevent him from having a long, successful NFL career. It won't.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I'm on board and hope you're right... i'd love to be proven

Nov 2, 2012, 7:52 AM

wrong on this one. No doubt about it.

Re: Tarkenton, Len Dawson, Flutie, Vick, S.Wallace, R.Wilson

Nov 2, 2012, 7:27 AM [ in reply to Tarkenton, Len Dawson, Flutie, Vick, S.Wallace, R.Wilson ]

Tarkenton - 3rd round
Len Dawson - Taken in the first round in the '50s...entirely different era
Flutie - 11th round
Vick - First rounder; the fastest and most elusive QB who has ever existed. Also, one of the strongest arms the game has ever seen
Wallace - 4th round
R. Wilson - 3rd round

I like Boyd, but its doubt he goes in the 1st round, regardless of his measurables. He's a little on the short side, and scouts will consider the offense he plays in as something that works to his advantage.

and Tarkenton had to be early 60s***

Nov 2, 2012, 1:25 PM

null

Message was edited by: elcid1985®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

RG III is only 6'2" and Russell Wilson is under 6'. It can

Nov 2, 2012, 2:06 PM [ in reply to not trying to burst your bubble but Troy Smith who played ]

be a problem is certain situations but OCs can scheme around it most of the time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2012, 2:08 PM

Not that it matters because they are rarely accurate but I've seen a few mock draft boards for 2014 that have Tajh Boyd going as high as mid-1st round and at the lowest the first 5 picks in the 3rd round.

One of the draft boards is from WalterFootball.com which is usually fairly accurate. They released a revised draft on 10/31/12 and it had Tajh Boyd going 17th overall to the Cardinals.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014charlie_1.php

I think people like Drew Brees (6'0"), Russell Wilson (5'11" ...maybe), and even Robert Griffin III (6'2") to some extend have kind of helped to kill that whole "Tall quarterbacks succeed" myth and it could help Tajh.

That mock draft also has Jadeveon Clowney also going #1 overall in 2014 which I agree with.

Nov 2, 2012, 2:09 PM

I'm not saying he will be a 1st round pick, but height is more of a factor for immobile guys. The QBs that can get outside of the pocket can afford to be a few inches shorter. Also, a lot more NFL offenses are switching things up to let guys move around more. This help Tajh's chances.

Nov 2, 2012, 2:21 PM

yep yep and some teams in the NFL are starting to adopt no huddle offenses(see patriots)which he'll have plenty of experience with.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Nov 2, 2012, 2:27 PM

That would be a great move (I'm a Patriots fan obviously) to get Tajh Boyd, groom him for 2 years behind Brady and then let Brady ride off into the retirement sunset to turn the reins over to Tajh!

Tajh over Mallett

Nov 2, 2012, 2:32 PM

but he's soooo tall?!?!?!?

Re: Tajh over Mallett

Nov 2, 2012, 2:36 PM

Haha but former Clemson QB > Height

Nov 2, 2012, 2:40 PM

I honestly think Mallett will end up being a stud for somebody if he can keep his mind right...dudes got a cannon for an arm and could put it anywhere on the field with accuracy.

However, I love me some Tajh too.

Nov 2, 2012, 2:42 PM

I think it would be best for Tajh to get picked by a team with an old QB. Give him the chance to learn for a couple years like he did at Clemson.

Nov 2, 2012, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Tajh over Mallett ]

I agree he's a good QB, his rookie contract will expire and he will go somewhere like Arizona looking to prove he can play at the pro level. He's got all the physical tools.

Replies: 24
| visibility 2,082
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic