Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So basically ND gets to remain a little bit pregnant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,319

So basically ND gets to remain a little bit pregnant

Jul 9, 2020, 10:47 PM

Swofford missed what could have been one of his biggest achievements, to hold NDs feet to the fire. Instead they remain neither fish nor fowl and get to do what the heck they want. Seriously, for the 1/5 years we get to play them, what do they bring to the table? Women's Basketball? Might as well add the lady coots for that.

Message was edited by: jarheadtiger®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So basically ND gets to remain a little bit pregnant

Jul 9, 2020, 11:04 PM

I would have been in favor of using this situation to twist ND's arm...but bottom line is we need to play ND this season for strength of schedule purposes. So I guess I'm okay with "a little bit pregnant."

Though, I really don't think there are going to be any games anyway.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2020, 12:27 AM

The only thing swofford has ever held to the fire was Clemson, and he help to get us an extra year of probation handed down by the ACC!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2020, 3:30 AM

The Big Ten told ND to get in or get lost. ACC will never have the guts to do that.

Ohio State is a complete jerk of an athletic program but even they don't get special favors from the Big Ten.

ND thinks they sit high on a prissy pedestal looking down on everyone else.

Jul 10, 2020, 10:43 AM

The Big 10 is currently able to pay each school around 54 million per year while the ACC is able to pay each school around 29 million. The Big 10 can afford to tell ND to take a hike and lose a few million per year that offering a few ND per season adds to television revenue. They also don't need to make a deal with ND in hopes that ND joins them in the future if they decide to join a football conference. When you're bringing in almost half of the revenue like the ACC is then you need whatever help you can get.

Is the child Swofford's?...

Jul 10, 2020, 5:42 AM

...or is he unable to conceive?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What concessions if any did ND make to get games this year

Jul 10, 2020, 8:27 AM

with the ACC. Dig up Tony Soprano!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like it or not, they hold all the cards here.

Jul 10, 2020, 9:25 AM

They were doing pretty well for themselves before the ACC came along, and the ACC overall is doing better for having Notre Dame. In football, they add big-time viewership games and increase our strength of schedule, so what exactly are you going to hold their feet over the fire with? The current plan is to basically wait until their TV contract runs out, and then we'll see.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Like it or not, they hold all the cards here.

Jul 10, 2020, 10:18 AM

You join the conference fully or you don't get any football games with the ACC this Fall. I agree with most of what you said, but the ACC does hold some cards this year.ND's schedule looks pretty bleak without the ACC this year.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That may have been true awhile ago, but if you take a look

Jul 10, 2020, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Like it or not, they hold all the cards here. ]

at Notre Dame's schedule this year, they should be begging to play US. Of the other games on their schedule, only Southern Cal is projected to have a very good season. Everyone else is middle of the pack or mediocre. Even Stanford is projected to only go 7-5. So, Notre Dame's ONLY shot at the Playoffs is to go undefeated, with a win over us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That may have been true awhile ago, but if you take a look

Jul 10, 2020, 10:50 AM

I'm pretty sure the ACC is required by contract to play 5 games with ND per season. I'm not a legal expert, but I could imagine that breaking that deal this season would potentially void the contract. That could be bad for television revenue to just let them walk away. If the contract were voided and you wanted to work out a new one with them then that would most likely cost the ACC more money as ND would surely be looking to increase what they're getting in a new contract.

So if we're doing those 5 games anyway, then what's another 3 or 4 games? I'd be shocked if ND wasn't able to find an opponent for those other 3 or 4 games anyway if the ACC decided to not offer any games beyond the 5. You'd either have other P5 teams looking to replace teams on their schedules, or at worst you'd have smaller schools that would be happy to make up for some of their lost revenue by playing ND.

Jul 10, 2020, 10:12 AM

Swofford can't make the big decisions. The ACC needs a leader with a pair.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

ACC Commisioner Uses Coronavirus to Extort Notre Dame

Jul 10, 2020, 10:36 AM

Athletics

That would have been a great headline for the conference.

Jul 10, 2020, 10:50 AM

Swoffie is probably all excited over UNCheat getting to drop Auburn and UCF from their schedule.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,319
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic