Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So are we back to a QB rotation this week, or did that end
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

So are we back to a QB rotation this week, or did that end

Sep 13, 2018, 3:35 PM

for good in the third quarter of the game last week?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So are we back to a QB rotation this week, or did that end

Sep 13, 2018, 3:40 PM

I am just guessing, but I would imagine that nothing has changed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed - nothing has changed.***

Sep 13, 2018, 3:40 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nothing has changed since when? Since last week's game?

Sep 13, 2018, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: So are we back to a QB rotation this week, or did that end ]

In that case it's full time KB

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both QBs will get significant snaps.***

Sep 13, 2018, 3:44 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Just like last week and the week before.***

Sep 13, 2018, 11:03 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Nothing has changed since when? Since last week's game?

Sep 13, 2018, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Nothing has changed since when? Since last week's game? ]

Dabo said in press conference that both QB's would be playing!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2018, 3:44 PM

CDS has said that nothing has changed. Both QB's did some good things and some bad things in both games. Unless one separates himself during this weeks practice it will remain the same. Besides it gives TL some first string reps and more comfortable if he is needed. Next year will be all his and he'll have the entire playbook down.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is amazing

Sep 13, 2018, 3:46 PM

that we (Clemson fans) don't trust Dabo to coach. He says every week that both QB's deserve to play. After that he decides if game situations allow both to play. Just let Dabo do his job.

I know he's not much, but he's da best we got!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually think Dabo is great

Sep 13, 2018, 3:48 PM

at recruiting and leading the team. I have a lot of doubts in our co-coordinators on offense but that's a different issue.

I was honestly just curious what the QB situation was because so far this season he has said that the quarterbacks were in a rotation, but when the game was close last week the rotation stopped. So I was wondering if we are back to the rotation or not.

Personally, I'd prefer we build the offense around the strengths of our number 1 quarterback and just stick with him. Be that KB, or TL, I dunno. KB has earned it. I personally don't favor the QB rotation. But that's just me.

Re: I actually think Dabo is great

Sep 13, 2018, 3:53 PM

He had to go with experience at the end last week due the situation. Obviously it won't be needed this week and he wants TL to get a bunch of PT.

Re: I actually think Dabo is great

Sep 13, 2018, 5:01 PM

Yep, and I hope that TL plays the whole game Saturday so to get him some of that there experience!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't like rotating QBs either, but...

Sep 13, 2018, 4:16 PM [ in reply to I actually think Dabo is great ]

I think it's necessary. TL has to get experience because, my opinion, we're going to need him down the stretch.

I think the coaches fully expected TL to take the job at A&M. There's a reason he got the 1st two series after halftime. Those are the most critical series in football games.

Before the half, KB "led" us down the field, but did so without completing a pass including a bad roughing the passer call that extended that drive where he eventually fumbled. Kudos for KB coming through, however, for those 2 series in the 3rd quarter.

Our screen game is awful with KB at QB, and we rely heavily on the screen game. Playcalling was weird, and we never allowed TL to throw a screen pass. But KB is obviously quicker, which was needed due to our OL getting abused.

Bottom line, we need TL to get real game experience early in games over these next few weeks. We can win with either guy, but assuming TL continues to improve, he will likely be very important if we're in position again for the playoff down the stretch.

I can tell ya why the screen game seems bad with KB

Sep 13, 2018, 5:01 PM

The defense is favoring the run so the secondary is in a much better position. They basically have an extra linebacker to stop those screens.

This isn't a knock on KB, but for whatever reason, with him in the game we either: Read option (well, supposedly), Screen, or air it out long on the outside. Defense plays us tight and figures they can beat KB and he won't burn them.

Sep 13, 2018, 4:04 PM

im just more confident in the offense when tl is in. I realize the play calling with tl in isn't great (qb draws on 3rd and long) but thats just me

Because TL Had 2 TDs and No Picks He is Now The Starter?

Sep 13, 2018, 5:21 PM

But KB played well too, you can't hold that he had only 1 TD against him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, we’re still rotating QB’s...

Sep 13, 2018, 6:39 PM

because of the 4th quarter of the game last week.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic