Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So an undefeated ACC team that won the NC last year is not
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

So an undefeated ACC team that won the NC last year is not

Dec 2, 2014, 8:50 PM

worthy of a #1 ranking. Yea this CFB committee thing is a real improvement. This playoff is an effing joke. Best thing for college football that can happen this weekend is for Bama to lose bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For crying out LOUD! Last year does not count!

Dec 2, 2014, 8:51 PM

Can you not get that in your thick skulls?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please tell us what does count...wins obviously don't count

Dec 2, 2014, 8:55 PM

Much either unless against an over rated SEC west team...it is a joke

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's not what they said when they said Bama should stay #1 until somebody

Dec 2, 2014, 8:56 PM [ in reply to For crying out LOUD! Last year does not count! ]

beats them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

lol great minds think alike***

Dec 2, 2014, 8:58 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wasnt it Espn not too long ago crying

Dec 2, 2014, 8:57 PM [ in reply to For crying out LOUD! Last year does not count! ]

That they believe that no one should remove the defending national champion (Bama) from #1 until someone beats them???

ESPN does not run the CFB ranking

Dec 2, 2014, 9:00 PM

Yes, FSU is undefeated (this year) but has stunk against mediocre competition in several games.
That is why they are #4.....get over it, people!

If it were us in that situation, you would think

Dec 2, 2014, 9:03 PM

A little differently about it

No way we could be in a similar situation....

Dec 2, 2014, 9:08 PM

If we were 12-0 right now and had beaten FSU, UGa, and all others, we would be 2 or 3, but would have climbed to that spot.

IF we were 12-0 now, I would hope we would be #1...

Dec 2, 2014, 9:26 PM

We would be the only undefeated team, and would have beaten #1 FSU and top ten UGA and top 20 Ga Tech. Don't see how we could be anythng but #1. Oh, I see...we just squeaked by Syracuse, BC, & Louisville. Yep...there's that lack of "game control" again. We would be punished for lack of "game control".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You just made my point...thks***

Dec 2, 2014, 9:28 PM

Agree 100%, but i think we are in the minority.

Dec 2, 2014, 9:03 PM [ in reply to ESPN does not run the CFB ranking ]

The ONLY thing FSU has going for them is that they haven't lost yet. If they lose to GT they might fall completely out of the top 10.

^^^gets it^^^***

Dec 2, 2014, 9:05 PM

Ill tmail you this time next year when were undefeated

Dec 2, 2014, 9:08 PM

And getting treated EXACTLY the same...See if you still feel the same way.

Are we pulling 8 wins out of ##### in the 2nd half

Dec 2, 2014, 9:10 PM

or are we actually looking like a top 4 team and putting some games away?

Like Alabama putting away Arkansas?

Dec 2, 2014, 11:33 PM

Or better yet the way they put away Ole Miss? Of #### they didn't even do that!

Re: ESPN does not run the CFB ranking

Dec 2, 2014, 9:07 PM [ in reply to ESPN does not run the CFB ranking ]

LOL.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama has stunk against mediocre teams too...

Dec 2, 2014, 9:18 PM [ in reply to ESPN does not run the CFB ranking ]

Were lucky to beat LSU and Arkansas, in fact, should have lost to both. Then, had no "game control" against mediocre Auburn until the fourth quarter. Lost to Ole Miss, how much "game control" did they have in that one? No question, FSU faced better defenses this year than Bama did.

But thats ok, keep Bama 1st and FSU 4th. If their rankings were reversed, they would still play each other in the first round.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN does not run the CFB ranking

Dec 2, 2014, 11:40 PM [ in reply to ESPN does not run the CFB ranking ]

Sprinkle me blue and call me crazy... But last time I checked bama struggled in pretty much every game that mattered and even LOST a game.. Same with TCU.. Same with Oregon...

I M just confused crazy with that argument when u look at the other teams games AND the fact that they have lost a game! Isn't it worse to struggle many games AND lose than to just win normally..

Stupidest argument I see people make.. THESE TEAMS LOST. Plain and simple. I hate FSU. But saying they struggled and deserve where they are is idiotic and simply shows you have not watched any bama Oregon or TCU game...

Re: For crying out LOUD! Last year does not count!

Dec 2, 2014, 11:24 PM [ in reply to For crying out LOUD! Last year does not count! ]

Bengaline, let me fill you and all others in on a secret.... Unbeaten means you have N O T lost a game. What does every other current playoff team have ? Yep, they lost! Bama is not dominant, Oregon is not even close to a dominant team, and TCU or Baylor are not exactly juggernauts either and can look very average at times. Last year does not count so I agree with you on that. But! Answer the question why when you start year as #1, win every game, then drop BEHIND teams with a loss ?

The playoff does not work unless you know football. My opinion does not have to be right, but are my thoughts and words opinion or FACT ? The evidence produced says the committee is not working no matter how you spin it. FSU is #1. Sure they lack the exemplary character of our premier institution, Clemson University, but they are unbeaten.

Re: So an undefeated ACC team that won the NC last year is not

Dec 2, 2014, 9:05 PM

You sing it, Sister

I would love for FSU to run the score up on GT with some cheap 4th quarter points

Dec 2, 2014, 9:12 PM

And then explain the poor display of sportsmanship was to impress the committee.

Then apologize to the good kids at Georgia Tech who did not deserve the cheap scores

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic