Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, about the new coot prez
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

So, about the new coot prez

Jul 24, 2019, 8:51 AM

I want this through orange tinted glasses, so I'm asking y'all: why are the coots in such an uproar over this guy? The USC facebook page post announcing him as prez had as many angry reacts as likes, last I checked.

I mean the coots are bad at everything except wimmins bball, so you'd figure "president choosing" would also be something they're bad at, but what gives?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, about the new coot prez

Jul 24, 2019, 8:58 AM

They're pretty good at bass catching too, but the prez search was completely dysfunctional much like their football team.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2019, 9:04 AM

Definitely sounds like it but I want to know why?

Jul 24, 2019, 9:13 AM

No idea why, but I would have thought a major state university would have attracted a number of highly qualified applicants. I'm sure he is a highly qualified administrator as a general, but it appears they wanted a PHD academic type.

As president of a large state university, a big piece of the job is fund raising. Not sure if this is in his skill set and don't care since they are coots. It appears the SC governor stuck his nose in the search and made a lot of them mad. I'm sure the general is a fine person and highly capable, but may never be fully accepted in Cooterville.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2019, 9:50 AM

Appropriate, since McMaster himself would never have been elected governor if Mikki Haley had not already gotten him into the office via backdoor. As a politician, he is about as exciting as Mr. Rogers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2019, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Re: So, about the new coot prez ]

He could always run the school (even further) into the ground then quit half way through a semester and they would love him forever.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Professors wanted a liberal***

Jul 24, 2019, 9:09 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that really it? Anything specific?***

Jul 24, 2019, 9:25 AM

Jul 24, 2019, 9:15 AM

Will he buy the Clemson football team ice cream if we win?

When we in.......

Jul 24, 2019, 10:08 AM

??

In = win****

Jul 24, 2019, 10:09 AM

Don't care

Jul 24, 2019, 9:47 AM

I got 99 problems, and who sits at the SCAR President's desk ain't one of 'em

dang sorry youve got so many problems***

Jul 24, 2019, 6:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were hoping for a

Jul 24, 2019, 10:50 AM

black asian indian transvestite atheiest community organizer with the last name of Castro-Pelosi.

Came up a bit short.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: They were hoping for a

Jul 24, 2019, 6:49 PM

Amen

Well the first thing he did at West Point was fire the

Jul 24, 2019, 10:52 AM

football coach after promising to beat Navy so it ought to be fun watching Mushcoot sweat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

The governor forced a vote after

Jul 24, 2019, 12:38 PM

the faculty senate unanimously voted to oppose him as president. Unanimously. It's political payback, but for what we don't know for sure (probably something at least unethical, at worst illegal). The GOP does have a long term goal of dumbing down academia in this country in order to stay relevant a little bit longer. They see their days as numbered unless they can do something dramatic, because the college-educated proportion of the electorate is approaching 50%.

Re: The governor forced a vote after

Jul 24, 2019, 12:42 PM

I've heard more rational explanations of a flat earth.

Re: The governor forced a vote after

Jul 24, 2019, 1:14 PM [ in reply to The governor forced a vote after ]

"GOP wanting to dumb down the academia"? Have you looked around at what these liberal colleges with their liberal professors have put out into this world and you want to blame Republicans of dumbing down academia? Well I guess we found our Gender studies graduate.

They don’t want people to learn to think for themselves

Jul 24, 2019, 10:31 PM

The right education, consistent with the liberal democracy we live in, helps give us that skill. Critical thinking by the masses is a huge fear of the current GOP leadership. They just can’t win over the typical educated voter.

There’s still a big enough group subject to mob mentality and personality cults to put us in the present situation, but hopefully they don’t reproduce anymore.

I think he is a great fit

Jul 24, 2019, 6:51 PM

Ice Cream LOL

Jul 24, 2019, 11:44 PM

My understanding of the situation is far from complete, but it's certainly superior to the other elitist opinions being offered, so here goes:

The search committee had narrowed the selection to 4 finalists, with 3-star General Caslen, the former "able and gifted" administrator of the US Military Academy, as the leading finalist.

Then he gave a speech that stressed the importance of reducing binge drinking for the health and safety of a very at-risk student population, and the kids--excuse me, the irresponsible adults--determined that he was blaming them for being victims, and whined.

So various student groups protested, one of the other finalists pandered to the students, and as already demonstrated on this board, NOBODY can reason with smugly stupid people who think their education has made them smarter than you, so the faculty has also protested against Caslen.

But no action was taken by the search committee to follow up on Caslen's vote. The process came to a stop.

After 4 months of inactivity, the Governor, who has some de facto role on the board which some of you know better than i, started calling trustees to get a vote on Gen Caslen.

In response, Darla Moore and other donors called on the BoT to basically throw out the entire search and begin again without even voting on Caslen's candidacy. They apparently claimed that the Governor's phone calls interfered with the high degree of integrity that had previously characterized the selection process.

Having been approved by the BoT in a very divided vote, Caslen's first order of business is to unify the children without implying that they are children. And sorry, Tigers: he has made us the boogymen in order to help unify an entire SEC institution stuck in sophomorisy.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic