Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So VTech, SCar and Clemson have 9 on-field coaches
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

So VTech, SCar and Clemson have 9 on-field coaches

Jul 31, 2017, 9:40 PM

Georgia and Alabama each have 10 on field coaches.

Would you be mad if Clemson offered his dad a job?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Lemanski Hall

Jul 31, 2017, 9:46 PM

The job is his. He'll help bring far more than one little 5 star and being he's been groomed by Clemson Staff, I'm guessing he'll be a better coach than someone that needs to ride his son's coat tails to employment !!

Re: Lemanski Hall

Jul 31, 2017, 10:05 PM

I think his dad is already coaching at UNCC , but I understand he'd be open to a better gig .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Lemanski Hall

Aug 1, 2017, 7:44 AM [ in reply to Lemanski Hall ]

I've seen nothing to suggest that Keith Henry needs to ride anyone's coattails. It's more likely that KJ is doing this on his own because he cares about his family, and after all it seems to be totally legal. Why do you feel the need to insult the father of one of our top recruiting targets?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a man moving BACKWARDS in his career

Aug 1, 2017, 7:51 AM

,now needing his son to get back top DIV 1. Sorry the truth offends you. KJ started months ago ,when he refused to see the UNCheat coaching staff for not even interviewing his father when they hired Adams.

At least in the Adams situation, he had worked with Fedora before.

no problem at all....whatever keeps any sort of talent going

Jul 31, 2017, 9:47 PM

to USuC.....do it!!!!!

I don't want SCar to have any type of window opening to get any kind of talent if we can halp it.

I hated that we didn't have room for ortre smith, bryan edwards, and joyner (no room at QB) b/c that automatically gives SCar an influx of talent that they otherwise wouldn't have.

but that's just me

Re: So VTech, SCar and Clemson have 9 on-field coaches

Jul 31, 2017, 9:48 PM

I'd be dissapointed. It would be out of character for us. Though it's possible it could be warranted, I highly doubt it.
Heck, usuc has done this once already.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes I would. We don' t do that. In my opinion, it puts a

Jul 31, 2017, 9:49 PM

wedge between all of the other players. And, in three years, what do you do, fire him. How about the wedge between him and the coaches, who all know the only reason he got the job was because of his son. Oooops, somebody has already done that......

Good point.***

Jul 31, 2017, 9:53 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Dabo would never do that

Jul 31, 2017, 9:50 PM

he is loyal and we know it'll be Halls job when 10 coaches happens.

So yes I would be mad.

Dabo would do that if KJ Henry played for Clemson

Jul 31, 2017, 9:53 PM

and became part of the family. Dabo likes to hire Clemson guys.

I would not like it because that is not the reason

Jul 31, 2017, 9:51 PM

that a coach should hired.

Dabo is as deliberate and strategic personnel manager. He goes after coaches to fit his program's needs, just like he does for the players.

If he had believed that any other coaches out there would meet his program's needs, I believe he would have pursued them already. He might not get them all, but he would have tried.

Furthermore, to acquire a player by hiring his father as coach is simply a form of buying the player.

Isn't that akin to buying a recruit?

Jul 31, 2017, 9:52 PM

Yeah, I know it's done, but that just seems questionable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Not illegal to NCAA.***

Jul 31, 2017, 9:54 PM

$CU has been doing it for years...

Aug 1, 2017, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Isn't that akin to buying a recruit? ]

They got Clowney by having a booster (Chip Comer with Comer Distributing) give his father a job

They got Jeffrey by having the University give his father a job

They got Lattimore by giving his sister a full academic scholarship.

Hiring Henry's dad wouldn't be that big of a risk anyway. Boom is probably only going to be coaching at $CU another two or three years anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: $CU has been doing it for years...

Aug 1, 2017, 8:35 AM

A warehouse job at Comer from which he was fired isn't all that egregious in the grand scheme of the college football business.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is a good reason why...

Aug 1, 2017, 8:39 AM

Chip Comer was subsequently disassociated from the $CU athletic program.

He didn't just give Clowney's old man a job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends

Jul 31, 2017, 10:03 PM

How good of a coach is he?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Depends

Jul 31, 2017, 10:10 PM

No idea.

Keith Henry is currently the RB Coach at UNC-Charlotte

Aug 1, 2017, 8:36 AM

I believed he was hired him back in February.

Prior to that, he spent the three previous years as an assistant head coach at Catawba College where he also served as defensive coordinator and DB coach

Prior to that, he spent eleven years at Wake Forest coaching special teams, outside linebackers, defensive ends and defensive backs.

Henry was a six-year assistant at Ohio University under Jim Grobe prior to joining the Deacons, had a three-year stint at North Carolina A&T and spent single years at Charleston Southern and Gardner-Webb.

He has a fairly lengthy coaching resume.

Jul 31, 2017, 10:14 PM

Can he recruit? Can he develop players? Would he get along with the rest of the staff? I'm not saying KJ's dad couldn't do all of the above, I genuinely don't know, but hiring a coach just to get one five star would be incredibly short sighted. I'd rather have a coach that could bring in and develop multiple 4 and 5 stars than just his son. Any HC that would hire a parent just to get a good player for 3 years has no business coaching a college team.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

This burns

Aug 1, 2017, 12:09 AM

tough enough to know the only reason jordyn adams picked heels was his pops.....

and now KJ potentially doing the same thing with the coots...

didn't KJ and XT sit together at the coot spring game? didn't KJ help convince XT to drop the coots ?

if KJ wants to be a coot bc he likes the roster - campus - playing time - SEC - etc ...then fine, whatever

but if he wants to be a coot only to get dad a job, its hard to spin this in a good light for KJ or his dad

Reports from those around them,

Aug 1, 2017, 7:45 AM

KJ was making fun of them to convince XT. Both were laughing at little Jamyest for trying to recruit them,pointing out his All In Cookout mishap last year.(Yes, I got's a family member that is a Coot and was at the spring game,we're looking for a 12 Step program)

Aug 1, 2017, 7:37 AM

Most average fans know nothing about KJ's dad so how can they judge if it would be a good hire? Like saying they would marry a girl based on her picture without knowing if she is a crazy bioch

Wouldn't be the first time

Aug 1, 2017, 7:40 AM

We all know Brent Venables was just hired to help us get Jake..

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wouldn't be the first time

Aug 1, 2017, 8:36 AM

Visionary! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think a National Title gives the coaches enough lee-way

Aug 1, 2017, 8:42 AM

to make a decision like that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic