Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, SC has 3 of top 11 players for 2014 vs our only 1 so far
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 3,650

So, SC has 3 of top 11 players for 2014 vs our only 1 so far

Jun 25, 2013, 11:31 AM

from state of South Carolina that are **** stars. This doesn't sound so good to me..but Clemson does have more of the state's 2014 recruits committed to us in the next group of the top 25 listed (all *** star) than SC does.

Of course, the Tigers seem to be attracting talent from many other states so it all evens out and allows Team to be a blend of very good talent from a cross-section of the SE.

gOtiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, SC has 3 of top 11 players for 2014 vs our only 1 so far

Jun 25, 2013, 11:34 AM

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3310;_ylt=Anods67sYcD1PDC85baBr29GPZB4

It'll be ok. The in State recruiting trend changed when TB was fired. It'll switch back when Stevie retires

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

We get GAs top recruits***

Jun 25, 2013, 11:37 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2013, 11:39 AM

they are still going to get the #1, #3, and some others. We will only get #13. Part of that is just numbers. There's only 85 spots and we lost very little. A lot of it is momentum. They have it in-state right now.
I disagree with folks who say in-state doesn't matter. All of the continually top-tier programs rule their state in recruiting. States like Cal, Fla, and Tx have enough wealth to where a couple schools can pick and choose the top talent. Our state does not have that luxury.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kids in the Palmetto State grow up leaning one way or other

Jun 25, 2013, 12:07 PM

State geography has a lot to do with it and of course, so does family tradition and community/peer pressure.

But, a huge factor is winning head-to-head.

Right now, kids who are rising seniors in HS have not seen a Clemson win over SCAR since they were in 7th grade.

That's a tough experience to overcome.

Winning the next few will help turn it back around.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We get GAs top recruits***

Jun 25, 2013, 11:57 AM

You get some of GA's top recruits.

Re: GAs top recruits***

Jun 25, 2013, 12:14 PM

You make an accurate current assessment and quite a turnaround from 10-20 years ago, when all we got were players that UGA either didn't have room for or didn't see the potential in. Guys like Keith Adams, Homer Jordan, and Terry Allen to name a few.

Back then the thought of a really highly coveted player from the Peach State spurning the Dawgs for Clemson was pretty far fetched. LB John Johnson is one of the very few examples and when it happened it basically "shocked the world" ...

Today, Clemson effectively competes head-to-head for the very best talent in Georgia and has been coming out on top frequently.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dont mean nothing til you sign on the dotted line....

Jun 25, 2013, 12:06 PM

richard marx.i love the 80's.

I honestly don't know how your pulse stays as high

Jun 25, 2013, 12:14 PM

as it does. You have to be one of the most negative, back handed compliment posters regarding Clemson on T-Net. Just an observation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It doesn't hurt when you drink as much as often as bill.***

Jun 25, 2013, 12:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2013, 12:28 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=14013531#14013531

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Just like baseball, we recruit heavier in GA and FLA

Jun 25, 2013, 12:53 PM

considering that Atlanta alone has more people than SC.

It's just a numbers thing. Most of the instate guys right

Jun 25, 2013, 12:58 PM

now also seem to be SCar fans. They've just had the upper hand on us for awhile now. Things will change. Cycles.

Re: It's just a numbers thing. Most of the instate guys right

Jun 25, 2013, 1:01 PM

USC will probably land Latta's Donnel Stanley also.

Hey, Baltimore Tiger, I'm not back-handed poster..just being

Jun 25, 2013, 2:04 PM

open, hopefully truthful in what I see or think or sometimes just reiterating what I've read..and post it to see reactions.

Disappointed totally that you would be so "negative" to a person that was probably a fan way before your time (1957)..attended Clemson as a single & married student..wrote sports for The TIGER..sent a Son to Clemson..followed the football team home & away for umpteen years to where I was called "The Flagman" by Bob Bradley & others for waving one of the first cotton 3x5' flags...until my Gamecock wife left me over it (and a million other reasons).

And, I'm surprised that you have such a high rating yourself (100%)..which I would lower a notch if I could.

gOtiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey, Baltimore Tiger, I'm not back-handed poster..just being

Jun 25, 2013, 2:50 PM

Bill, I've never found you to be negative - quite the contrary. And, you seem to be cordial to even opposing fans. Why some on here find any comment that is not 100% positive in tone to be cause for ridicule is what makes this board less enjoyable.

Sorry about your wife, but the fact you married the enemy shows what kind of character you must have......or maybe she was just really hot.

90 plays/game is not for every "4star"***

Jun 25, 2013, 3:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Thanks "Slugemuffin" for your support, and like your posts

Jun 25, 2013, 7:28 PM

very much...especially one about why St. John's River in Jax flows north!

gOtiGERs!

Re: It's getting more and more difficult to find flaws

Jun 25, 2013, 7:48 PM

or anything that's obviously wrong with this team or the recruiting. There's no such thing as perfect but, if you look hard enough at anything you can always find something that could be improved. Nothing wrong with that either, "perfect" is what we're all after. No worries. If the Tigers were a stock they would be trading higher and higher each each year.

Fact check links

Jun 25, 2013, 9:29 PM

ESPN #10 Clemson
? cockerels not listed in the top 30

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/classrankings/_/class/2014/date/20130617

Clemson
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/228/clemson

cockerel's
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/2579/south-carolina

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bill, if anything, I believe the successes of Coaches

Jun 26, 2013, 6:40 AM

Swinney and Spurrier have caused in-state recruits to look more carefully at both programs. Our limited pool has caused me to support inroads into states like Florida and Georgia among others, and I believe efforts into out-of-area venues like Ohio and Pennsylvania would attract quality. Of course, the not-so-secret "secret" is for both Clemson and S.C. to build winning programs...and top quality recruits will be attracted to both. Then, when they start committing earlier, others will be faced with a decision: commit NOW...or possibly be forced to look elsewhere.

Replies: 20
| visibility 3,650
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic