Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, Pollock says Clemson doesn't have a linebacker bigger
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

So, Pollock says Clemson doesn't have a linebacker bigger

Aug 8, 2013, 8:09 AM

than 235lbs. and therefore Georgia can exploit our lack of size. Well, I took a look at the SEC's Tennessee,Ole Miss,Florida,South Carolina,Bama,Tamu,Auburn,LSU,Vandy, annnnnd Georgia.

Only Georgia and Bama have larger linebackers than Clemson.And personally,if we can get a first down or two each drive, I don't think Georgia's 234,245,257,and 270lb backers will be able to keep up with Leggett or Seckinger. I sure don't think they can cover Ghop if he comes across the middle. And I don't think they can run with any of our backs out in the flat.JMHO!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't be so short-sighted Spud

Aug 8, 2013, 8:13 AM

If Bama and UGAy have linebackers bigger than ours, then that means the SEC has linebackers bigger than ours. We don't play UGAy and USuCk this year, we play the SEC...twice. And maybe we will even play the SEC again in Pasadena.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

our small lbs is probably the reason we haven't received an

Aug 8, 2013, 8:23 AM

invite to join the sec.

we have an secish type stadium with secish sized crowds, but big12ish sized lbs & that just won't do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Steward looks like a shorter version of "The Hulk".***

Aug 8, 2013, 8:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're probably right

Aug 8, 2013, 8:29 AM [ in reply to our small lbs is probably the reason we haven't received an ]

If it wasn't for Batson, we'd be in the SEC by now

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

drad has sec sized stones from his time at lswho...

Aug 8, 2013, 8:33 AM

he'll make it happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link?

Aug 8, 2013, 8:35 AM

lbu thanks you in advance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Link?

Aug 8, 2013, 8:38 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2111205/Jason-Owen-UKs-dwarf-body-builder-Mini-Arnie-lift-twice-body-weight.html

Funny part about this is,this is the biggest LB's corp we've

Aug 8, 2013, 8:51 AM [ in reply to drad has sec sized stones from his time at lswho... ]

ever had.lol

it's a nice change from vic's 5 "safeties" although he did

Aug 8, 2013, 9:07 AM

a nice job with our d.

i forgot how small brewster was until i just looked it up. i thought he, kirkland and mcdaniel might rival it, but brewster was 200ish, bigger for his time, but safety size today.

Why doesn't he just be honest and tell everyone

Aug 8, 2013, 8:14 AM

Clemson doesn't use PEDs so of course our linebackers aren't grotesquely huge.

This guy annoys me. I know many of you can tolerate him but his comments prior to the LSU game sickens me.

SPOT THE BALL! KICK A DAWG!***

Aug 8, 2013, 8:15 AM

Refresh: What were his comments?***

Aug 8, 2013, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Why doesn't he just be honest and tell everyone ]

Re: So, Pollock says Clemson doesn't have a linebacker bigger

Aug 8, 2013, 8:34 AM

When they are cramping in the 4th quarter the extra pounds wont matter much.

null

Re: Well if I had to guess as to why georgia and alabama

Aug 8, 2013, 8:37 AM

have bigger linebackers than everyone else in the sec I would say it is probally because they both run the 3-4. Who cares what anyone in the media says. Just play your game and take care of your business.

Aug 8, 2013, 8:50 AM

I guess LSWho didn't get the memo!!

Go Tigers!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pollock lost to LSU twice his last year at uGAY.

Aug 8, 2013, 8:53 AM

Then broke his back. Whaddayaspect?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2013, 8:56 AM

C'mon man, this is wishful thinking. Our LB's chase Keith Marshall every day. You know, the international track star? runs the 60M in 6.75? They also cover Artie Lynch every day in practice. Lynch is a 1st Team All SEc TE. Do you really think they will have a problem covering a converted WR or a freshman TE? As far as receivers go, Phil Steele actually ranks our receivers, as a group, higher than yalls. They are used to defending talented slot receivers.

I'd put my hopes in the trickiness of your offensive system and it's pace before I would it's individual pieces. Linebacker play will be the strength of our defense.

Phil Steele plays for the 'hits'. WRs? You're about to learn***

Aug 8, 2013, 9:00 AM

Re: Phil Steele plays for the 'hits'. WRs? You're about to learn***

Aug 8, 2013, 9:14 AM

well we dont return any 1 player thats as good a receiver as Watkins is. But Mitchell is every bit the athlete. Just not as polished as Watkins. And we return more proven performance at the position. How's Bryant's hamstring?

Reading comprehension Dawg. I said, if we get a first down

Aug 8, 2013, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: So, Pollock says Clemson doesn't have a linebacker bigger ]

or two, I don't think your big backers can cover. You have to infer, that our HUNH offense, which will try to be even faster this year will wind your behemoths. And, I don't care what any pundit says, I wouldn't trade Sammy,Martavis,Charone,Adam,Germone,and Jordan for all the tea in China, much less your group. By the way, is Rome back from the infirmary yet? And, we are not playing touch, so you better get those thumbs taped up..........

Re: Reading comprehension Dawg. I said, if we get a first down

Aug 8, 2013, 9:17 AM

I'm not sure what Pollock is talking about really. Herrera played last year at 252. He's down significantly from that.

Only DeLoach has truly great size and I can seem him giving way to Leonard Floyd, whose closer to 230. Our LB's match up really well with the Clemson offense. They can all run and cover distance.

Re: Reading comprehension Dawg. I said, if we get a first down

Aug 8, 2013, 9:33 AM

They will need to be able to cover, and maybe they can. ugay always has had lots of stellar talent. This game will be a war, but it will be the fastest paced war your guys probably ever saw. Your depth will be the most critical issue y'all will have, and I know you have great depth. So do we! I really hope your team is not concerned, though, since they are so talented. They really need to be preparing for the coots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was kinda thinking the same thing...

Aug 8, 2013, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: So, Pollock says Clemson doesn't have a linebacker bigger ]

LBS are used to covering speed guys, its not like the this game will be the first time they've had to cover speed backs and TEs. However, just because they cover those guys in practice doesn't mean that they are successful at doing it.

I'd say they chase Marshall more than they catch him.

Aug 8, 2013, 9:21 AM

We ought to be able to create several mismatch scenarios with our receivers. How big are their 2nd and 3rd string guys? By the end of the night they may be the ones on the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic