Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So McGregor has officially signed to fight mayweather
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,827

So McGregor has officially signed to fight mayweather

May 18, 2017, 3:15 PM

I love McGregor and how fearless he is but does he have a chance to even win one round? We'll see i guess

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So McGregor has officially signed to fight mayweather

May 18, 2017, 3:17 PM

Probably not. The thing is it's not like Mayweather is going to knock him out it's just he'll be on the defensive the whole time like he was against Manny and win by TKO.

"it's not like Mayweather is going to knock him out"

May 19, 2017, 9:03 AM

"he'll be on the defensive the whole time like he was against Manny and win by TKO."

I'm not sure you understand boxing terminology.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

boxing or mma?***

May 18, 2017, 3:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: boxing or mma?***

May 18, 2017, 3:31 PM

Boxing. Mcgregor would destroy him in seconds if it was mma.

No doubt.***

May 18, 2017, 9:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: So McGregor has officially signed to fight mayweather

May 18, 2017, 3:30 PM

As awesome as it would be, there's just no possible way. We're talking about the greatest boxer of his generation, maybe all time. Somebody who has competed professionally since 96 and has never lost. And trained in boxing alone even before that. Experience wise it's just impossible. That's all he's ever done. It would be great, but I just don't see it.

absolutely

May 18, 2017, 4:19 PM

I heard someone on the radio the other day saying this would be the most hyped fight ever to be a total dud when it goes off. Of course, the payday for both=off the charts so they won't care. People are either dumb or just too curious not to check it out to pay to see this fight. The only hope is McGregor somehow pulls a Buster Douglas and lands one early on, but Mayweather is probably the best defensive boxer of all time so it is unlikely.

Yep, the only possible hope for McGregor is that he

May 18, 2017, 4:47 PM

manages to land a huge shot early and actually hurts Mayweather. As you said, that's unlikely since Floyd rarely ever gets hurt. The longer the fight goes the more certain it becomes that Mayweather wins.

Re: absolutely

May 18, 2017, 9:51 PM [ in reply to absolutely ]

Yep i think that's his only chance. We all know McGregor has a very powerful left hand, its amazing how many A level fighters he's knocked out or knocked down with that left hand, something we've never seen in mma. if one of those lands it would be interesting. Maidana and Mosley both came close to Knocking out Mayweather or at least a knockdown. Mcgregor is more of a stand up guy when he fights in the mma so he has a little knowledge of boxing but with only months of training in boxing i just cant see McGregor landing that shot. I can see McGregor getting a little dirty with Mayweather (aka maidana) just to frustrate him which would give him a better chance of making the fight somewhat competitive.

Terrible fight that's going to make a sh*tload of money

May 18, 2017, 3:37 PM

Alvarez vs Triple G is going to be the real fight of the year.

Yep i cant wait for that fight

May 18, 2017, 9:56 PM

Who do you think will win? Tough decision but im taking alvarez

I think I'm leaning towards Alvarez. He's more disciplined

May 19, 2017, 8:57 AM

and a better technical fighter, but still has plenty of power. You know GGG is going to come after him hard though, and that's what makes this fight so exciting. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends in a KO one way or another.

I think he will make it interesting for a few rounds

May 18, 2017, 10:02 PM

Until he wears down. The smack talk leading up to it would be fun!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,827
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic