Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So I'm gonna ask it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

So I'm gonna ask it

Sep 3, 2012, 12:49 PM

Its your call 4 and 1 in the 4th with 1 min left. Do you take the 3( as Dabo did) or do you go, and put Auburn away? Not critizing we got the win just curious what your call would be?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So I'm gonna ask it- I would have done the opposite on

Sep 3, 2012, 12:52 PM

both 4th and ones. that is why I'm not a coach

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he would have gone for it with Boyd in the game.***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends how the D has been doing

They needed a TD to tie if we go for 3. If we missed on it, a TD wins it and we've been burned on some deep threats. Seems safer to get what you're sure you can and force them to play quick rather than smart.

I bet they wish they hadn't wasted their early timeout.

Clemson

That's easy....

Go for the TD to put the game out of reach. If you can't gain 1 yard then you didn't coach your team right and you're a horrible coach that can't instill toughness in the team! Now, if you don't make it, then you should have kicked the FG, taken the points, and you're a stupid worthless hack that can't coach! ;)

Think that covers it.

Re: So I'm gonna ask it

Sep 3, 2012, 12:53 PM

Go for 3. If we make it they have to get a TD and 2pt conversion to win. If we don't, they have to go 99 yards.

If you go for a TD, you have less of a chance to make it. If you don't, they do have to go 99 yards, but all it takes is 1 or 2 broken tackles or a blown coverage.

Gone for it

Sep 3, 2012, 12:54 PM

A TD end the game, either way if we kick the FG they still need a TD. Our D kept them out of the Endzone for most of the game and I was pretty confident that they wouldn't give up the TD. Even if we don't get the TD it would still be a 98 yard drive for Auburn with no TO

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Gone for it

Sep 3, 2012, 12:59 PM

take the 3 cover the spread and all the clemson family wins

spread was already covered***

Sep 3, 2012, 1:13 PM

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Gone for it

Sep 3, 2012, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Gone for it ]

It's like committing a crime. It's not if you get caught it's when.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I give up....what's the right answer?****

Sep 3, 2012, 1:00 PM

Re: I give up....what's the right answer?**** REJOICE

Sep 3, 2012, 1:22 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=12694381

Dabo made the right call!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At the time I said I'd kick the FG***

Sep 3, 2012, 1:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have to admit that the second they stopped us short,

Sep 3, 2012, 1:03 PM

I was screaming go for it....then after a few seconds I said nah, just take the points and get the 7 point lead. I'm sure that's what runs through many a coach's head

I would say take the 3

Sep 3, 2012, 1:06 PM

even with Boyd available. With no Boyd though, you have to take the easy points.

It's all about the odds

Sep 3, 2012, 1:16 PM

The chance of making 4th and 1 at the goal has to be < 50%. I don't have that info, but I am sure that someone does (Dabo). We have a new O line that has played well, but hasn't done 4th and 1 at the goal line will the game on the line. You have a known entity in Catman with a 90%+ chance of making the FG. The new O line doesn't come into play on a FG try. If you make the 3, a FG does them no good, so the call has to be go for the FG. On the other hand, me and 100,000 other Tiger fans would have loved to stick it down their SEC throats. Do what will win the game and save your emotions for later.

Re: It's all about the odds

Sep 3, 2012, 1:26 PM

Sometime it's OK to play not to lose.

Both my sons chose to go for it.

Sep 3, 2012, 1:21 PM

I disagreed.

AU needed to score a TD to take the lead and the win. With the 'sure 3,' the best they could do was tie.

While I don't like going into OT with someone else just having scored a TD I'd take the chance with that over a possible loss during the game.

I can't believe anyone would disagree.

Re: Both my sons chose to go for it.

Sep 3, 2012, 1:27 PM

They made the right decision.

Point for thinking with your groin.***

Sep 3, 2012, 1:31 PM

Timothy & Boyd were out.

Sep 3, 2012, 1:26 PM

So with Giff out, and Tajh out, that makes it a little harder. Really glad Giff's going to be okay, and hope we get to rotate some more OL against Ball State...though that team makes me a little nervous.

Swinney said that we had rarely allowed points in the two-minute drill in practice.

Also, kicking off from the 35 makes it pretty impossible for the other guys to get great field position. Put them on the 25 and give them very little time and no TOs with a rookie QB.

All that said, I was still disappointed when we brought out Catanzaro. Even though I thought it was the right call.

Take the 3***

Sep 3, 2012, 1:35 PM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic