Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, I watched all of the opponents we play in 2017.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,893

So, I watched all of the opponents we play in 2017.

Sep 5, 2017, 5:34 PM

Auburn: Solid defense, but their secondary isn't all that great. They are solid upfront, but not as solid as last season. We are better on the ground than last season, so we shouldn't have an issue. Their pass rush was nothing like it was last season either. Georgia Southern put up 14 points against Auburn early in the game. Let that sink in. They were points earned from turnovers as well.

Stidham is a solid QB no doubt, but he's not KB nor is he Deshaun Watson quality. He can sling the ball, but is weak under pressure. He tries to force too many plays. This is not something that you can fix in 5 days of practice. If our defense really gets after him, then he will buckle under pressure because he's not as mobile as KB or DW4. They do have a solid RB who was suspended, and they have a sneaky TE that can really move if given the opportunity, so we will have to watch the quick slants and underneath passes.

Louisville: They struggled very badly against Purdue. Purdue put up 28 points and lost by a mere touchdown. Let that sink in.

Defensively, they have no strength upfront, and their secondary is complete Kevin Steele trash. They have a couple of good LBs, but that's about it.

Lamar Jackson: He's still Lamar Jackson, but he has a weak offensive line this season. Clemson's defense should eat hearty in Papa John Stadium two weeks from now.

Boston College doesn't pose a threat to anyone this season, just my honest opinion. They do have a decent line backer group, but they have to replace too many pieces to be effective, and that isn't something that will happen in the month of September. I'd say that they have a better chance of not being blown out by Clemson in late October or early November. However, they lack some serious depth. Easy win for the Tigers.

Virginia Tech: They're still a team that will hang around in a game with anyone in the nation. They will be hard to beat because they are a team that gels really well together. However, I didn't see any top performers or heroes on their team that we really need to be watchful of. Blacksburg, Va is a very tough environment to play in for any young player. We've been lucky to escape with a few wins back in the Tajh Boyd era.

Wake Forest: Do we really even need to discuss Wake Forest? Easy win, moving right along.

Syracuse: They actually have a decent QB who is shifty and mobile in the pocket. He has a quick release and a strong arm. Very accurate too if I may add. Is he a match against a BV defense? HECK NO!. They still seem to play a press cover zero defense though. This will not fair well against Clemson's prolific offense. GO TIGERS! EASY WIN OVER THE ORANGE.

GT: Don't let their loss to Tennessee fool you, they are a good team. A bit outmatched from a physical standpoint against a much larger Tennessee team, but held their own until the very brutal end. They have some play makers, and I actually witnessed plenty of forward passing by GT this season already. They didn't just run the option, they would fake the option and throw a pass down range. This game will require much more discipline from our defense than in previous seasons. They're not very good on defense though, so it should be a high scoring game from our offense.

NCST: Do Not Let their loss to the Coots fool you. This is a team that can play, but NCST is known for losing to mediocre teams while ruining the season of those who seek a Championship run. This game could be a close on in Carter Finley. However, if we do not get any turnovers like last season where we had 5 turnovers we win this game easily.

Florida State: They are a wounded creature, but their NEW QB has legs about as thick as my arms. Once good hit from Wilkins, Lawrence, or Farrell and he's out of the game. They have a speedy running back who is replacing Dalvin Cook, but he doesn't have the power that Cook had. Their offensive line is a tragedy waiting to happen for any QB under center. Clemson wins this one, and it won't even be close. Of course, I think we will pull away late in the game because they have a solid defense.

The Citadel: Do we look like the Gamecocks. They will enjoy their paycheck and we will enjoy a brisk November afternoon over a few laughs and a few beers. Our third team will play most of this game.

The South Carolina Gamecocks: You want my honest opinion? They look way better than they did last season. Rivalry games can go either way, so I won't give my full analysis yet on what I think will happen. I don't believe we put up the numbers like we did last season, and I believe this game will be closer than many think. Clemson will win this game though.

ACC Championship Game: Clemson and Miami will play in this game. I haven't had a chance to watch film on Miami, but will get around to it during the weekend after the Carolina Game. Still too early to say whether or not Miami wins their division.

Until then, lets see some score predictions!

GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

tl:dr***

Sep 5, 2017, 5:41 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: tl:dr***

Sep 5, 2017, 5:45 PM

I wouldn't expect a Coot to be able to read at all. :D

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

So, I watched our opponent highlights this weekend

Sep 5, 2017, 5:43 PM

My takeaway - week 1 is too small a sample size.

Good write up though Chesty based on week 1.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep in mind, Loserville struggles may be from prepping for us and only us.

Sep 5, 2017, 6:16 PM

Like NCSU and Pitt last year, they are focused on one game only. They are being driven to madness after three straight close losses to us that they feel they could have or should have won.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Thanks, Mackey

Sep 5, 2017, 6:08 PM

That was insightful.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty small sample at this point but the schedule is pretty

Sep 5, 2017, 6:08 PM

easy I think. The acc appears weaker than a year ago. That coupled w Auburn at home and a mediocre coot team on road... I think it's very possible we lose mayyyyybe 1 game and easily run the table ??

Re: So, I watched all of the opponents we play in 2017.

Sep 5, 2017, 6:09 PM

Good write up but like the above poster said week 1 is too small of a sample size. I do disagree about your analysis on the coots. I watched that game. NC St dominated in every way except the score and turnover margin. 500 yds to 250 yds. SC is weak in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Jake is not a great passer and their secondary is atrocious. We will win by multiple scores if healthy. Again thanks for the write up.

Sep 5, 2017, 6:59 PM

FSU back up QB is legit. Their OLine is suspect though. I don't think they're a much different team with or without Franswaas.

By far the toughest team judging by this weekend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2017, 7:19 PM

"FSU's backup QB is legit"...and you saw this in what college game??? He's a true freshman, only played the small last bit in the Bama game.

You are aware James Blackman was named the starter by Fisher, not Cosentino, right??

Sep 5, 2017, 7:59 PM

Wow buddy- didn't mean to get your jimmy in a twist by saying this Blackman kid was legit.

Sorry- I guess

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2017, 7:20 PM [ in reply to Re: So, I watched all of the opponents we play in 2017. ]

http://floridastate.247sports.com/Bolt/James-Blackman-goes-from-freshman-to-main-man-for-Florida-State-106904422

All the way to the Rose Bowl, where we beat USC and Darnold

Sep 5, 2017, 7:06 PM

who apparently is having a soph. slump. Then it is the best of 3 win over mighty Bama, we ROLL the Tide, worse than last year. GO TIGERS 2017 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!

Sep 5, 2017, 7:41 PM

> Auburn: Solid defense, but their secondary isn't all
> that great. They are solid upfront, but not as solid
> as last season. We are better on the ground than last
> season, so we shouldn't have an issue. Their pass
> rush was nothing like it was last season either.
> Georgia Southern put up 14 points against Auburn
> early in the game. Let that sink in. They were points
> earned from turnovers as well.
>
> Stidham is a solid QB no doubt, but he's not KB nor
> is he Deshaun Watson quality. He can sling the ball,
> but is weak under pressure. He tries to force too
> many plays. This is not something that you can fix in
> 5 days of practice. If our defense really gets after
> him, then he will buckle under pressure because he's
> not as mobile as KB or DW4. They do have a solid RB
> who was suspended, and they have a sneaky TE that can
> really move if given the opportunity, so we will have
> to watch the quick slants and underneath passes.
>

Ummmmm Georgia Southern didn't score 14.

The rest we will see come Saturday. I don't think out D-line has dropped off as much as you think it has. But that's why we play the game. Hope it's a good one!

Oh and Semper Fi! 1371 here '06-'14

Message was edited by: CritJoe

Sep 6, 2017, 8:44 AM

DON'T CORRECT ME BOOT! Just kidding... LOL Just now noticed that. I watched so many games in a short span, I was bound to make a mistake somewhere. I almost got tired of watching football.

GET SOME! KILL!

~Chesty Puller

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,893
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic