Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, I was wrong, huh.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

So, I was wrong, huh.

Mar 13, 2020, 11:17 AM

I was hopeful that the American people would heed the guidance of the President, who asked us all to drop the partisan politics and work together to combat this crisis. I don't see a lot of that going on.

I think it is apparent that the situation is going to have to get worse for many people to begin to heed this call.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

people tend to always want someone to blame

Mar 13, 2020, 11:23 AM

President is always a good target.

But this is the same for deaths, tragedy's etc...
Most of it is human nature. The rest is people just being douche's

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still believe in the American people,

Mar 13, 2020, 11:23 AM

I just believe there are too many voices with too much of a platform, that have the sole goal of making everything a political argument.

I implore all of us to turn them off.

Re: I still believe in the American people,

Mar 13, 2020, 1:16 PM

I ahve found that reading about the current developments (as opposed to,listening to the talking heads on TV and the Net) has helped me be informed without the hyperbole and vitriol. I am the more relaxed for it.

Re: So, I was wrong, huh.

Mar 13, 2020, 11:24 AM

He should follow his own advice.

Mar 13, 2020, 11:26 AM

make no mistake, Dems would dance on your grave if it

Mar 13, 2020, 11:28 AM

helped them win power.

They would stack the bodies high and deep.

There is no bipartisanship in Washington, only thirst for power. Because Dems are not in power, the ends justify any means necessary.

Hmph.***

Mar 13, 2020, 11:33 AM

Re: make no mistake, Dems would dance on your grave if it

Mar 13, 2020, 1:17 PM [ in reply to make no mistake, Dems would dance on your grave if it ]

I think the Republicans play those games just as well if not better than the Dems.

Nice job working together***

Mar 13, 2020, 1:18 PM [ in reply to make no mistake, Dems would dance on your grave if it ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: make no mistake, Dems would dance on your grave if it

Mar 13, 2020, 3:56 PM [ in reply to make no mistake, Dems would dance on your grave if it ]

helped them win power.

They would stack the bodies high and deep.

There is no bipartisanship in Washington, only thirst for power. Because Dems are not in power, the ends justify any means necessary.

"This Senate's main priority is to make sure that President Obama is a one-term President".- Mitch McConnell, Jan. 2008.

You're kidding yourself if you think Dems are the only ones with a thirst for power. Political parties, particularly these 2 political parties are historical in their abandonment of the American people.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hyper conservative Trump loving friend of mine recommended

Mar 13, 2020, 11:30 AM

Newsy as a source for TV news, and I have to say that it is pretty even handed.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

definitely left leaning but not as bad as CNN and MSNBC***

Mar 13, 2020, 12:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I watched CNN for a while and couldn't stand it

Mar 13, 2020, 12:10 PM

then switched to MSNBC and they had a doctor on that was really good. But then Rachel Maddow came on and it was nothing but let's find every mistake Trump and republicans have made ever. So I switched to Fox and got Hannity, which was nothing but muffled slurping on Trump's manhood and raging about how partisan and treasonous democrats are.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I put it on CNN last night because they had

Mar 13, 2020, 12:14 PM

Re: I watched CNN for a while and couldn't stand it

Mar 13, 2020, 1:19 PM [ in reply to I watched CNN for a while and couldn't stand it ]

Have all of you conservatives forgotten Fox News during the Obama Presidency ??

Have to avoid the 'opinion' shows

Mar 13, 2020, 1:19 PM [ in reply to I watched CNN for a while and couldn't stand it ]

The real news on Fox news is fine. The real news on CNN is fine. Unfortunately that is a small small part of their programming.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And Chuckston T-bag.

Mar 13, 2020, 4:18 PM

He's a troll.

Partisan 24 hour cable news and

Mar 13, 2020, 11:31 AM

social media anonymity are bring this country down hard.

yep. especially twitter imo***

Mar 13, 2020, 12:04 PM

and BuddyBook

Mar 13, 2020, 12:10 PM

It starts at the top

Mar 13, 2020, 11:33 AM

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/487404-trump-blames-obama-for-coronavirus-testing-issues-says-changes-have

I disagree. It starts with me.

Mar 13, 2020, 11:34 AM

And ends with me. And every other individual should say the same.

The leader of the free world is ignoring your wisdom.

Mar 13, 2020, 11:43 AM

We shouldn't hide our heads in the sand when it comes to Trump's actions(or lack thereof) and words and sheer divisiveness.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not putting our heads in the sand

Mar 13, 2020, 11:56 AM

The opposite, actually. We should have our heads down working, doing our individual parts to improve the situation, ignoring distractions from that goal.

Re: The leader of the free world is ignoring your wisdom.

Mar 13, 2020, 1:20 PM [ in reply to The leader of the free world is ignoring your wisdom. ]

I think this is one of those instances when the people have to lead and force the leaders to follow us.

I agree. We should be united.

Mar 13, 2020, 12:08 PM

The numbers are going to start to roll in over the next couple of weeks. It's going to get worse. We need to strike a balance between cool-headed, rational exchange of ideas and constructive criticism about what we can do to improve on the situation at hand.

Now is the time for credible leadership to respond to the challenge at hand. It is long past time to let the experts in infectious disease take the helm, give them the spotlight to bring order to the chaos that we currently face. Then also we need all leadership to back off the poisonous rhetoric, back away from Twitter, election motivations, etc.

The worst is what I'm seeing as pervasive...

Mar 13, 2020, 12:16 PM

Which is people viewing the entire crisis as just a political hoax, and therefore dismissing calls for action.

^^^^^^^^^^ This x 10 ^^^^^^^^^^^***

Mar 13, 2020, 1:22 PM [ in reply to I agree. We should be united. ]

Mar 13, 2020, 12:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2020, 3:50 PM

In theory, I believe you are correct. However, when one criticizes the administration, I think it in error to automatically label it as 'political'. There are legitimate concerns that are too easily dismissed as 'politicizing the crisis".

The World Health Organization offered the U.S. millions of successful coronavirus test kits in early February. This administration, for whatever reason declined. Those same tests are now and have been used in 60 countries. While we still struggle to test people.

That's not a political attack. Whoever failed us in that regard needs to be held accountable. Today, it's possible that hundreds of people, if not thousands, are walking around, feeling no symptoms and spreading the virus. 200 people died in Italy within 24 hours. How many more will? How many will die here? Maybe not many. Maybe our scientists will come up with something quick. Maybe we'll be spared Italy and Iran's fate. Maybe.

That's not political, it's reality.

You mean the same president who

Mar 13, 2020, 3:52 PM

called for laying aside politics and then within the hour send out multiple tweets blasting Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Shumer?

That President?

I like your funny words magic man

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic