»
Topic: So I was told that WCCP has gotten rid of the old Coot
Replies: 9   Last Post: Apr 29, 2014 3:04 PM by: 2000®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

So I was told that WCCP has gotten rid of the old Coot

[1]
Posted: Apr 29, 2014 1:47 PM

general manager and that the new guy is boosting the signal and moving up the dial. Any other changes of which I should be aware? Any personnel changes? Will their be a difference with the Tiger Tailgate Show?

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

The previous GM was a SC fan?

Posted: Apr 29, 2014 1:53 PM

Was there any dissension over this? I am surprised to hear this because I listened to WCCP plenty when I worked in the upstate and I don't see any way the station could be more Pro-Clemson (as it should be as the university's flagship station).

wccp is pretty fair to SC

[3]
Posted: Apr 29, 2014 1:55 PM

gives them decently even coverage

I don't disagree

Posted: Apr 29, 2014 2:01 PM

I really appreciated having Tony Morrell and John Whittle on Plyler's show as a SC Fan. But all of the hosts are pro-Clemson. Again, as they should be. Just wondering if people felt the GM was an actual problem?

I'm literally just curious because I never would have guessed by the show's content.

Why are you here?***

Posted: Apr 29, 2014 2:00 PM

2020 white level member

I'm not claiming bias or anything like that, but I was told

that he was a Clucker.

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

gotcha - I was just curious***

I think Ben Milstead is the new GM ..***

Posted: Apr 29, 2014 2:14 PM

2020 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Re: So I was told that WCCP has gotten rid of the old Coot

Posted: Apr 29, 2014 2:20 PM

The old GM was not a coot. He was a big Clemson fan. The station got bought out last fall and the new OWNER is boosting the signal. And I'm pretty sure they are not hiring a new GM. There will be a station manager, Ben Milstead, who will be in charge of programming and on-air stuff while some other person will be responsible for the advertising. Those two will then report to the new owner. As far as other changes in personnel or on-air personalities, I have not heard of any others.

Re: So I was told that WCCP has gotten rid of the old Coot

Posted: Apr 29, 2014 3:04 PM

Well, the stations in and around that cesspool called Columbia rarely say anything positive about Clemson. So what is your beef coot and ,again, why are you here ?

2020 purple level member

Replies: 9  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1752 people have read this post