Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So I was reading up on the tiger paw "issue"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

So I was reading up on the tiger paw "issue"

Oct 26, 2012, 7:19 PM

I know that we have them around campus, but was there any resolution to the issue? I looked up the old tiger net 4 page thread with the SCDOT response and all of that. Seems like there was some fire to get it done last year, but I haven't heard much about it until I saw the post below about Nikki Haley and the paws. Just curious because that was one of my favorite things when I was a kid was seeing the paws around Clemson on the road. I hope that my son will be able to enjoy them too! GO TIGERS!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

###, please enlighten***

Oct 26, 2012, 7:25 PM

It has always been done without permission

Oct 26, 2012, 7:55 PM

"Better to be told not to do it again than to ask permission and be denied"
I have been around Clemson since the early '70s and the Tiger Paws have been painted every year. One posted said they did it in broad daylight - but I was always told that it was done in darkness - mainly because of less traffic. The facilities dept. has the stencil that is used to put the paws on the football field - betting the paint shop would let somebody borrow them to paint the paws on the roads into Clemson.
It wouldn't be Clemson without the paws leading into town from all directions.

Re: It has always been done without permission

Oct 26, 2012, 8:58 PM

amen

Oct 26, 2012, 9:00 PM

Who doesn't want us to paint the paws???

Oct 26, 2012, 9:52 PM

darth visor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 26, 2012, 9:06 PM [ in reply to It has always been done without permission ]

Sigma Phi Epsilon was responsible for painting them while I was a student and member of the fraternity. We always did them in daylight even on the I-85 ramps. We had traffic cones, etc. to control traffic. You also have to remember that traffic was not as heavy as heavy as it is now. Did we have permission? No one ever asked. We just did it! Go Tigers!

Don't remember the year, but the "Paws" were painted on

Oct 27, 2012, 6:38 AM

I-26 leading into Columbia, and I thought, "The geniuses that came up with that ought to receive gold medals." It was the greatest sight in these parts I could recall! The Gamecock folks I knew were stunned....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic