Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So I must be a shamecock fan for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 762

So I must be a shamecock fan for

Nov 13, 2016, 7:36 AM

Agreeing with the play call on Watson last pick. Let me make this simple for y'all.

1- O line couldn't block the scout team defense the way they where playing. So running up the middle was not a high percentage play, 1 vs 1 or 2 Watson on the edge running with 3 or so yards to the end zone with the LB's out of position from the play action higher percentage play, now add the fact he can throw as well for the TD or run it now makes it even a higher percentage play. Best player on Clemson with the ball in hand with multiple options to attack the PITT D and also overcome are weak O line play with that play design. All play callers will try to get the ball in the hands of the best player on there team Clemson happens to be the QB. So we stress the PITT D not only by the play design but with the players on the field for that play Watson, Gallman, Leggett all NFL players. With Watson reputation for being calm cool and collective and routinely making those plays to win the game as he has, makes it higher percentage play. Watson forced a throw into tight coverage heck it went right to the defender something nobody thought he would do with a run pass option or just throw it away. Watson will be a 1st rounder this year but he still has things to work on knowing the situation in the game being aware of that.

2 That play really didn't cost us the game. If it was a TD that seals the game or if we get the three it closes the door but doesn't lock it. Yes we need to be able to run the ball and get 1-3 yards for a TD there 85-95% of the time and championship caliber teams can and will do just that. O line is a problem area for us but not talent wise mentality wise.

3 Look if we as fans don't think the offense couldn't have gotten 1 yard on two plays TO END THE GAME 100% where Pitt doesn't have the opportunity to get the ball back if we convert before the play was 99% sure we was going to get no doubt. Even with all of the O line struggles I thought Gallman wasn't going down until he pass the sticks and that the O line would MAN UP for 1 play. Still after the lost I would do it the same.
IF YOU CANT GET 1 YARD TO WIN YOU DONT DESERVE TO WIN THIS IS D1 FOOTBALL.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So I must be a shamecock fan for

Nov 13, 2016, 7:38 AM

Run it. If you don't get it you kick a field goal and up by 11 with 5 to play. Game over.

Also if you do throw it, which you shouldn't, any QB know to do grow it away instead of throwing a pick

You do realize that other than the first series, we had two

Nov 13, 2016, 7:41 AM

true freshman playing at left tackle and right tackle? Hyatt limped off after the first series, and Fromogen was out for the game going in. That certainly had an effect on the Oline play the entire game, although very little has been mentioned about this fact.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2016, 7:41 AM

Admitting it is the first step to curing it .

Though , sadly...a Coot diagnosis is usually permanently SCARring .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 13, 2016, 7:58 AM

I have often wondered why we are referred to as coots,or shamecock
fans if we honestly speak our mind about this team.
Your last statement summed it up as accurately as could be.

Nov 13, 2016, 8:01 AM

Good analysis, the lack of a running game is glaring. If we just had half a running game this offense would be unbelievable. Coach V's defense ALWAYS gives up gash plays, how many times in the last few years have we made really bad offenses look like world beaters? It was a great run, however, if you know anything about statistics and football you had to know that this was coming. As far a Watson, he is the greatest player I've seen in my 44 years of following Clemson football, however, our offense is one dimensional and even the greatest qb is hampered when the defense knows what's coming.

Message was edited by: #1TIGER®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 762
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic