Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So CNN claims this.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

So CNN claims this.

Apr 12, 2019, 8:58 AM

Yeah, yeah, unnamed source, I know. Grain of salt.

But if it's true... wouldn't this be completely counterproductive to what the president wants with immigration?

"You won't defend my tough immigration policies to keep illegals out of the country... so to show you, I'm gonna release them into the country!"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/11/politics/immigrant-detainees-sanctuary-cities/index.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Depends...

Apr 12, 2019, 9:08 AM

If you thought they were an economic issue, releasing them into the areas most flouting immigration laws (with the economic issues that would ensue) would certainly be a good demonstration.

If you primarily thought they were a security risk, at best it would be a highly irresponsible move.

Either way, I’m not a big fan of using people as pawns.

This seems like another example of the press claiming one day that Trump needs his shoes and socks off to count to 20, and the next day that he’s playing Bond-villain level 3D chess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its like in here.

Apr 12, 2019, 10:50 AM

Some days, Corky is killing him in a game of "go fish" after he just stole all Trump's baseball cards.

The next day Trump's planning high level collusion with the Russians as a spy to infiltrate America's secret societies to throw a coup over our government.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know the details of the inner workings of Homeland.

Apr 12, 2019, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Depends... ]

I can't address why Trump fired anyone. No one seems to be talking and I believe none of the speculation for why Trump fires people. Imo, he doesn't need a reason so all are valid because it depends on his opinion of them.

I agree, releasing unvetted illegals into America is highly irresponsible. However, whether or not they are released in America is not Trump's decision.

1. We do not have the facilities to house the 100,000 who entered asking for asylum in March and we don't have the facilities to handle the projected 150,000 in April.

2. Trump was sending them back to Mexico to await court hearing dates, not the proper vetting which applies to legal immigrants but court dates. The 9th circuit ended that practice.

3. Trump was holding families in facilities and the 9th circuit wouldn't allow him to hold the children more than 20 days which meant for Trump to comply with national popularity he had to release the parents along with the children.

4. Obama changed the very definition of asylum, expanding it to include domestic and gang violence. There is no way to prove or disprove either condition. Trump EOed that back to pre-Obama definition and the 9th circuit declared that illegal.

Trump has been tunneled into a position with no way out according to the executive power usurped by the courts.

If there's criticism for present conditions and methods we must view these circumstances as a funnel giving Trump only one option, he must release vast numbers of unvetted illegals in this country.

If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will let me know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I also think it's a little late to accuse anyone of using..

Apr 12, 2019, 10:10 PM [ in reply to Depends... ]

illegal immigrants as pawns. American's politicians have been doing that for half a century. It's become part of the game. Trump has stepped forward with a viable solution to both sides using them as pawns by building a wall.

Our first right move would be to legislate an immigration system to deal with the immigrants or so some say. After 40+ years of trying get along long enough to do that it's time to abandon that delusion, wishful thinking or dream whatever it's called it isn't going to happen. Nobody wants it.

Therefor the only viable or rather doable solution is to build a wall to keep them out. Trump is doing all he can to build one right now. Dems won't supports it and pubs won't either though they both pretend to care about security at the border.

Saying he's going to send illegals to sanctuary cities is the lease anyone has done to harm the illegals since the dispute broke out before the Reagan administration.

Today, the liberal news used the term 'Dumping illegals on sanctuary cities...' It's like the left views illegals as trash or garbage because 'dumping,' someone or something is what you do for them or it when you have no further use for them or it.

Imo, sanctuary cities are the very place to relocate illegals. They will be properly provided for and get the sanctuary they desire from the violence of gangs and domestic violence and other now legal reasons for allowing them to enter. Perhaps the cities will manage to keep up with them so they will appear for their court hearing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So CNN claims this.

Apr 12, 2019, 9:13 AM

So the Dems wanted the immigrants released, right? The Dems also have sanctuary cities that provide safe haven for immigrants, right?

So if Obama released these immigrants in to these cities, he'd be viewed as a great humanitarian, right?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Again, the question is...

Apr 12, 2019, 9:16 AM

Why would Trump do something that seems counterproductive to his mission? He claims these illegals are dangerous to America. But if this is true, why would he release them into America?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Because every day he detains them, he gets hounded for

Apr 12, 2019, 9:31 AM

keeping people in inhumane conditions.

Bernie Sanders was on Meet The Press a couple of weeks ago - and the interviewer asked him, "What would you do about the situation at the border?" He just kept responding - "We have to stop the inhumane conditions down there." And never offered a solution.

Trump is wrong. The Dems are wrong. There is no right answer to the issue. But they won't get together and come up with the best "wrong" answer.

They're both using people as pawns...as they figure out who is going to look worse coming out of it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's one of the issues but not the only one.

Apr 12, 2019, 10:40 AM

He has to release them somewhere in America. Gov facilities are not vast enough to keep them at the border, laws legislated in the 9th circus won't allow him to separate families yet demand he not hold children more than 20 days nor will the 9th circus lawmakers allow him to send them back to Mexico to await a court date for their hearings to determine if they are seeking asylum according to our lawful definition of asylum.

The Circus also declared Trump's EO which returned to preObama definition of asylum. O issues a EO declaring those seeing asylum from gang violence, domestic violence and other conditions existing in third world countries valid asylum seekers.

Trump has no choice but to release them. Where he releases them is at his discretion.

Re: That's one of the issues but not the only one.

Apr 13, 2019, 11:01 AM

The asylum issue should be the main issue. The discussion should be all about changing the asylum laws.

How long does a snowball last in helll?

Apr 13, 2019, 5:59 PM

Congress has no taste for fixing the issue and the courts are punishing America by not allowing Trump to roll back the years to preObama asylum qualifications policy.

Re: Again, the question is...

Apr 14, 2019, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Again, the question is... ]

You're wrong as usual. That is not the question at all. It's obvious Trump has beaten the libtards at their own game and is displaying their idiocy for the world to see. Why don't you grab a brain sometime before you die.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2019, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Re: So CNN claims this. ]

Obama wanted to move them to Alabama to #### off Sessions. Bad idea then. Bad idea now.

so?***

Apr 12, 2019, 9:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So...

Apr 12, 2019, 9:17 AM

Trump and you and all the others who echo what he says claim these illegals are dangerous. You've pointed to examples of illegals who have committed violent crimes in America.

So if we catch them, why would he want to release them into America?

huh?

Apr 12, 2019, 9:22 AM

you do know we're just releasing millions every year into our country, don't you?
He's just suggesting, ship them to these sancturaries. Seems pretty humane, no?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not what he's doing.***

Apr 12, 2019, 9:32 AM

Re: huh?

Apr 12, 2019, 11:07 AM [ in reply to huh? ]

does to me....until they start stabbing, ######, killing and bringing diseases to these sanctuary cities. Then the hope is they will change their tone.

Kind of like when a city has a democrat mayor for 60+ years and runs the city into bankruptcy and everyone leaves said city for better and greener pastures. Same principle for the slow ones.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Facts aren’t your friends are they?

Apr 12, 2019, 12:14 PM

If you could provide me with any facts to back you statements, I’ll gladly take a look. It’s clear you follow your Furhers lead.

Re: huh?

Apr 14, 2019, 11:32 PM [ in reply to huh? ]

Catahoula is a stupid POS that thinks he's smart with his stupid question as if he's put Trump supporters in an intellectual quandry.
Ignore the S O B.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So...

Apr 14, 2019, 11:28 PM [ in reply to So... ]

You think you're smart, playing dumb, but you're just stupid and can't admit it. Accept the fact that you are ignorant at best and wrong thinking in so many ways.

Re: So...

Apr 15, 2019, 7:59 AM

"I'm a child on Tigernet who can't add anything to any discussion except to pitch a fit like the little b i t c h I am." -orangecoloredglasses

That's your new nickname. Lil #####.

This has Stephen Miller written all over it. No way

Apr 12, 2019, 10:34 AM

Trump came up with this, as Obed said "bond villain' type move by himself.

Monkey don't think, monkey just do.

The dude thinks this is all a game

Apr 12, 2019, 1:56 PM

Basically just trying to be vindictive.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The dude thinks this is all a game

Apr 12, 2019, 2:38 PM

You're right, and that's why this is so absurd. He thinks dealing with serious issues like this can be handled in the same way he handle petty squabbles with someone in his office building. Trying to take this approach is also completely against the rhetoric he has been preaching, so it makes no sense other than simple, petty vindictiveness.

Which is a common trait of a sociopath.

Apr 14, 2019, 11:37 PM

You're a complete moron.

I wouldn't say that.

Apr 13, 2019, 5:59 PM [ in reply to The dude thinks this is all a game ]

I'd say he's simply obstinate.

Apr 14, 2019, 11:35 PM [ in reply to The dude thinks this is all a game ]

No you've got it backwards as usual. It's the Dems who play their evil games. Trump is exposing them and they are getting their comeuppance.

Message was edited by: orangecoloredglasses®

You edited that post...

Apr 15, 2019, 9:01 AM

And the grammar still blows. ####.

Apr 12, 2019, 4:50 PM

I read the replies to this thread and giggled quietly to myself as I remembered that time that flow got mad at me for saying Republicans are stupid.

Do you think it's a little late to start raving about...

Apr 13, 2019, 10:44 AM

using illegals like pawns? Isn't that what both parties have done for 50 years?

I'm moreso pointing out...

Apr 13, 2019, 12:22 PM

The Trump (and his supporters, you included) hypocrisy that illegals are dangerous and need to be sent back, but now he and y'all are cool with releasing them into certain cities of America to somehow teach someone a lesson. Which it won't, and Trump and his supporters are idiots for thinking it will.

Idiots.

I'm not cool with releasing illegals anywhere in America.

Apr 13, 2019, 5:56 PM

Trump isn't either. Up to last week he was sending those waiting court hearings back to Mexico until a judge said it went against the part of our immigration policy that demands America ensure their security until their hearing.

Today I found out the 9th circuit overturn that and gave the ACLU until Tue to make their case. They also continued the hearing until Wed so the administration could be heard on the matter.

When I wrote my previous post it was illegal to send them back to South America without a hearing and illegal to send them to Mexico to await the hearing.

Actually, Trump had to release them somewhere according to legislation coming from the robed terrorist who sit on the bench. I expect the 9th to continue that Thurs or Friday next week. I hope Trump puts them all in sanctuary cities and states if he can't send them back home or to Mexico.

You're ignoring the fact that the congress and judicial branches have Trump is stuck in a corner.

Re: I'm moreso pointing out...

Apr 14, 2019, 11:42 PM [ in reply to I'm moreso pointing out... ]

Trump has no choice but to release them and he's going to release them to those that want them here the most. Whats so wrong about that?
Idiot.

Learn to read, then we'll talk.***

Apr 15, 2019, 7:57 AM

I don’t see it as hypocritical. Certainly vindictive,

Apr 13, 2019, 10:50 PM

but...shocker...Trump is vindictive.

But if he wants to hold illegal aliens longer or deport them and he can’t because of Democrats blocking his efforts and vilifying him, why wouldn’t he say “fine, you can have them?”

Again, the question is in the context of “this is Trump”, meaning pettiness and vindictiveness are a given.

null

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic