Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So Booker admits to groping a girl in high school
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 688

So Booker admits to groping a girl in high school

Sep 20, 2018, 6:35 PM

but yet he sits to judge Kavanaugh for an alleged event.

Hypocracy at it's finest. How do you democrats sleep at night?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/20/bookers-push-for-kavanaugh-vote-delay-called-out-over-his-1992-column-detailing-teenage-groping.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: So Booker admits to groping a girl in high school

Sep 20, 2018, 6:51 PM

I would think that groping and attempted rape are on slightly different levels.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2018, 7:46 PM

Attempted Rape lol. Ford can't recall any details about anything that happened but, you'll go ahead and convict Kav of attempted rape. Brilliant. She's not a victim of anything that she can't describe. The only victim is Judge Kavanaugh.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

your post is mostly false

Sep 20, 2018, 8:00 PM

You didn't actually read the article, did ya?

Sep 20, 2018, 6:56 PM

Why do you keep doing this to yourself?

“New Year's Eve 1984 I will never forget. I was 15. As the ball dropped, I leaned over to hug a friend and she met me instead with an overwhelming kiss. As we fumbled upon the bed, I remember debating my next 'move' as if it were a chess game,” Booker wrote in the student-run Stanford Daily newspaper in 1992.

“With the 'Top Gun' slogan ringing in my head, I slowly reached for her breast. After having my hand pushed away once, I reached my 'mark,’” he continued, without explaining what he meant by “mark.”

“Our groping ended soon and while no 'relationship' ensued, a friendship did. You see, the next week in school she told me that she was drunk that night and didn't really know what she was doing,” he added.

Personally, I think the story is BS. Who thinks about Top Gun during these moments?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I got to give it to these guys for the persistence

Sep 20, 2018, 7:11 PM

though (Of course referring to the Trump backing posters) no matter how often their posts are immediately shown to be deceptively devoid of context and generally missing the mark of reality they just keep coming back. It’s an admirable trait.

Re: I got to give it to these guys for the persistence

Sep 24, 2018, 3:31 AM

Yes, and you're just about the worst offender in the P&R board. Top 5 anyway.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You didn't actually read the article, did ya?

Sep 20, 2018, 8:37 PM [ in reply to You didn't actually read the article, did ya? ]

Well when you're 15 it helps to think of that kind of stuff to, uh... hold out, ya know?

Ever seen American Pie?

No way

Sep 20, 2018, 8:53 PM [ in reply to You didn't actually read the article, did ya? ]

If I start thinking about that scene where Goose dies, I lose focus.

Re: No way

Sep 20, 2018, 8:55 PM

GOOSE DIES? I WAS FINALLY GOING TO WATCH IT THIS WEEKEND AND YOU WENT AND RUINED IT!

Weird, that's the only way I can finish***

Sep 20, 2018, 9:24 PM [ in reply to No way ]

anthony edwards had it bad

Sep 20, 2018, 9:33 PM

one day he is Goose from top gun...

then two years later, this.

Re: anthony edwards had it bald

Sep 20, 2018, 9:42 PM

also, he dies in both due to head related injuries which seems like a weird typecast to find yourself placed as an actor.

and his career started with such great promise***

Sep 20, 2018, 10:02 PM

poor guy soon found himself in over his head

Sep 20, 2018, 10:17 PM

If that story was true, he didn't either.

Sep 21, 2018, 10:49 AM [ in reply to No way ]

Top Gun came out in 1986, 2 years before he said this story happened.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry...2 years after

Sep 21, 2018, 11:08 AM

He said he heard the theme song in his head in 1984, top gun came out in 1986.

He can explain that...

Sep 21, 2018, 4:27 PM

he wrote the ###### to Top Gun in highschool

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Booker WROTE it.

Sep 20, 2018, 10:04 PM [ in reply to You didn't actually read the article, did ya? ]

Spin away, bruh. Be sure to include your take on a double standard

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Booker WROTE it.

Sep 20, 2018, 10:11 PM

yes, but in this made up story, he is not putting his hand over her mouth to keep her from screaming.

It's far worse. It's rape, or attempted rape any way you

Sep 21, 2018, 12:12 AM

spin it. She was drunk and didn't know what she was doing, and he took advantage of that. She pushed his hand away (which was a clear "NO!"), but he ignored her pleas to stop until he "found his mark". Wow. And this admittedly happened. No evidence whatsoever that Kavanaugh did what he is accused of.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

You’re joking, right? You’re saying grabbing a breast

Sep 21, 2018, 12:54 AM

is worse than putting your hand over her mouth while she tried to scream while trying to take off her bathing suit?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YOU must be joking. Booker has admitted guilt, and here's

Sep 21, 2018, 9:51 AM

what he did. He took advantage of a drunk girl who didn't know what she was doing. She resisted his advances, clearly giving him a "No" signal, yet he persisted until he "found his mark". In today's culture, that is a sexual assault, cut and dried.

Kavanaugh is presumed innocent. We don't know that he did anything, but if he did, it's assault just like Booker.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Lulz, ok.***

Sep 21, 2018, 9:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: YOU must be joking. Booker has admitted guilt, and here's

Sep 21, 2018, 1:59 PM [ in reply to YOU must be joking. Booker has admitted guilt, and here's ]

So, trying to feel someone up more than once while making out with them is the same as pinning them down and covering their mouth so they can't say no or scream? Got it.

Has anyone asked how much Dr Ford had to drink, if any,

Sep 21, 2018, 2:24 PM [ in reply to YOU must be joking. Booker has admitted guilt, and here's ]

on the day of the incident?

I’m just curious. I realize most people are trying to avoid the perception of any fault on her part, but it would be interesting to know. She says he was wasted. Was she? For that matter, had they been flirting before hand? What, if anything, was there relationship before the incident? Friends? Acquaintances? Did she know him before that day?

So many questions. I hope she testifies.

It will be interesting to see if these “high school groping” stories come back to bite Booker in 2020. You wouldn't think so but these sorts of things take on a life of their own, especially if it’s trye that he wrote that Top Gun was in his mind in 1984. Maybe he meant Karate Kid? Ghostbusters? “If there’s something weirrrrd, and it don’t look goooood...”

null

Re: Has anyone asked how much Dr Ford had to drink, if any,

Sep 21, 2018, 3:53 PM

Ah, the old "she must have been asking for it" card. An old classic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Right on cue.***

Sep 21, 2018, 5:05 PM

null

A brief narrative...

Sep 21, 2018, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Has anyone asked how much Dr Ford had to drink, if any, ]

I guess because a lot of people find her account credible, was to suggest that maybe someone else did it and she just thought it was Kavanaugh. Apparently one former Scalia Law Clerk even tweeted out a name. Imagine being THAT guy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have not seen that anywhere, nor have I seen

Sep 21, 2018, 5:04 PM

anyone say that that behavior was in character for Kavanaugh (the drinking, yes. The other behavior, no). Do you have a link?

null

Ed Whelan

Sep 24, 2018, 9:00 AM

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/21/kavanaugh-ally-in-hot-water-over-bizarre-mistaken-identity-theory.html

I think Booker is gay

Sep 21, 2018, 9:01 AM [ in reply to It's far worse. It's rape, or attempted rape any way you ]

this story kind of confirms it.

It sounds like Larry Marchant talking about having sex with Nikki Haley.

Re: It's far worse. It's rape, or attempted rape any way you

Sep 21, 2018, 2:16 PM [ in reply to It's far worse. It's rape, or attempted rape any way you ]

So, I too believe in Kavanaugh being innocent until proven guilty. I'm not going to dive into speculation about it.

But IF he did what his accuser said, his act was far worse than Booker's. At least according to Booker's story (which also sounds a little fictional), the girl seemed to want to engage in romantic behavior with him.

Spin it how you will, Booker is an admitted rapist.

Sep 21, 2018, 4:46 PM

"Sexual assault is a crime that happens when you are forced, threatened or manipulated into sexual contact against your will. Commonly referred to as rape, sexual assault is the most under-reported crime in the United States."

"The importance of CONSENT!
Consent to any sexual activity is pivotal to the reduction and prevention of sexual assault and coercion.
Consent is a voluntary, sober, enthusiastic, informed, mutual, honest and verbal agreement. It is an active agreement and cannot be coerced. Consent is a process which must be asked for every step of the way; if you want to move to the next level of sexual intimacy, just ask! Consent is never implied and cannot be assumed, even in a relationship. Just because you are dating a person does not mean that you have natural permission to have sex with your partner. A PERSON WHO IS INTOXICATED CANNOT LEGALLY GIVE CONSENT. If you are too drunk to make decisions and communicate with your partner, you are too drunk to give consent. The absence of a “no” does not mean “yes”. both people should be involved in the decision to have sex!
Communication, respect and honesty make sex and relationships better. Asking for and getting consent shows that you have respect for both yourself and your partner. Positive views on sex and sexuality are empowering. The idea of consent helps to question traditional views about gender and sexuality and asking for it eliminates the entitlement that one partner may feel over the other. Neither your body nor your sexuality belongs to anyone else but you! And it is normal and healthy for women to expect to be included in the consent process.
You should ask for consent before you act! It is the responsibility of the person initiating sexual activity to obtain clear consent. If you are unsure if consent is given, ASK! And keep asking; giving consent ahead of time does not waive a person’s right to change their mind or say no later.
Consent is not just about getting a yes or no answer, but about understanding what a partner is feeling. Ask open-ended questions, and listen to and respect your partner’s response, whether you hear yes or no: “I’d really like to.. how does that sound to you?” “How does this feel?” “What would you like to do?”

(Information in this section taken from West Virginia Foundation for Rape Information and Services,www.fris.org)"

https://www.marshall.edu/wcenter/sexual-assault/
https://www.marshall.edu/wcenter/sexual-assault/types-of-sexual-assault/

I don't think Booker ever asked, and certainly he did not stop at every step and discuss it to be sure both really wanted it and understood each other before porceeding. She was drunk. She pushed him away and he persisted. By this commonly understood criteria, created by the same progressive left that votes for Booker, he is a rapist.

- H. L. Mencken

We already know some of it is fake***

Sep 24, 2018, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: It's far worse. It's rape, or attempted rape any way you ]

LOL.***

Sep 20, 2018, 11:28 PM [ in reply to Booker WROTE it. ]

What is the "Top Gun slogan." Is that a thing?***

Sep 21, 2018, 4:50 PM [ in reply to You didn't actually read the article, did ya? ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Does he mean "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins?***

Sep 21, 2018, 5:02 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Doesn't matter

Sep 24, 2018, 9:06 AM

Didn't exist in 1984

Sep 21, 2018, 2:36 PM

Ummm, you didn't really read the article didya?

He admits they both groped each other and later were good friends.

The right will foist any outrage it can on the left.

Replies: 39
| visibility 688
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic