Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Alabama offers Deshaun Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: Alabama offers Deshaun Watson

May 9, 2013, 10:35 AM

Alabama offers Deshaun Watson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Carvell surfaces... try flushing again.***

May 9, 2013, 10:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bet Carvell popped a chub...what a jerk.***

May 9, 2013, 10:41 AM

So.... They just visited him yesterday. Did he give them

May 9, 2013, 11:16 AM

hope that he would consider if they offered? Just wondering why he didn't tell them, as he has stated, "I am done with recruiting and will be attending Clemson University". It seems to me if he had done that, and they offered ANYWAY, it would be an embarrasment.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: who is to say he didnt

May 9, 2013, 11:21 AM

all it reports is what Bama did. Also Carvell is reporting this so there is the sleezeball agenda driven aspect too

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have no information one way or the other.....

May 9, 2013, 11:27 AM

I am just surmising that if he WERE clear with them, and obviously committed, they risk embarrasment with him coming out with a statement like: "I told Coach Saban that I am committed to Clemson and I live by my committment, but obviously they think that recruits just can't turn them down. Sorry, but not interested in Alabama. I'm a Clemson Tiger!"

How much egg would that be? How much influence do you think it would be for other imrpessionable kids? I think it's a risk, IF he did state it clearly to them.

Re: I have no information one way or the other.....

May 9, 2013, 11:38 AM

i hope this doesnt become a game changer. now we have to baby sit this kid till nsd. what a mess!

May 9, 2013, 11:44 AM

Is Watson going to ask CLEMSON to recruit all of his teammates...aka "pulling a nkimdeche"?

That's coming out of nowhere....

May 9, 2013, 11:48 AM

I haven't heard of him asking anything like that.

Does he have a team full of stud team mates?

May 9, 2013, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: I have no information one way or the other..... ]

Then I hope so.

May 9, 2013, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: I have no information one way or the other..... ]

He has said that he can only speak for him self. And he said that he is 100% solid with Clemson. I don't think that this kid is anything close to being like a kem ditch she!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know he cant stop teams from coming to his school

May 9, 2013, 12:14 PM [ in reply to So.... They just visited him yesterday. Did he give them ]

and a lot of the time schools offer through the coaches. There's no actual evidence he even spoke to BAMA. He certainly hasnt mentioned/tweeted anything about it.

You're right....

May 9, 2013, 1:48 PM

he hasn't mentioned anything. Silence speaks volumes.

It is an embarrassment...they have no hope and still

May 10, 2013, 2:01 PM [ in reply to So.... They just visited him yesterday. Did he give them ]

desperate to recruit him LOL

Copy cats***

May 9, 2013, 11:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

yep the allure of handing off 50 times a game must be great***

May 9, 2013, 12:12 PM

Am I mistaken or was he just a 4 star

May 9, 2013, 12:13 PM

Before alabama offered???

You're mistaken

May 9, 2013, 12:15 PM

He's always been a 4* on ESPN and still is. He's been a 5* on Rivals since first of the year when they updated their rankings.

Alabama is known for developing Quarterbacks

May 9, 2013, 12:50 PM

I mean, that one guy is like the 3rd string Q.B. for the Jets. How could Watson turn down this opportunity.

I'm surprised Carney didn't put #Blessed on his tweet***

May 9, 2013, 12:20 PM

Extremely odd turn of events

May 9, 2013, 1:07 PM

He has no business considering 'bama with the way Saban plays ball. Is the devil considering a change in strategy instead of whining about the fast pace of play today?

I'm sure ajc is getting their summer anti-Clemson pro-sec blitz started, and that has something to do with this. The only thing Watson might see is that Chad Kelly misses this year with medical red shirt, and then he could have a long wait ahead of him. If that were the case, there are way better schools for him to consider. Let's lock a few more GA blue chips to ruin ajc's summer vacation.

Re: Extremely odd turn of events- Saban will change

May 9, 2013, 2:21 PM

if his incessant whining about too many plays and such doesnt get him a rule change. He is used to demanding and getting his way

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

whether he uses him or not, he doesn't want us to have him when we

May 9, 2013, 9:48 PM

met Bama in the playoffs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Extremely odd turn of events

May 9, 2013, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Extremely odd turn of events ]

That is BS!!! Dabo plays the best QB or the best player that gives us the best chance of winning. If Watson beats out Chad, oh well, Chad will have to work harder to get it back!!!

He would get to showcase his skills there

May 9, 2013, 1:34 PM

by handing off like nobodies business

he is all clemson but....

May 9, 2013, 1:38 PM

The allure of winning a MNC is appealing and an offer from Bama is a nice ego booat.

Re: he is all clemson and will get his MNC with the Tigers***

May 10, 2013, 2:03 PM

Why would anyone think it is odd that Alabama offered him ?

May 9, 2013, 3:10 PM

He's the #1 rated QB in the Nation.

Why should any team care that he is committed ? If a school wants him then they should offer him.

We make offers to kids who are already committed.

Watson says he is coming to Clemson, I would find it odd that schools would not offer the best QB in the nation regardless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By that rationale, every school in the country should...

May 9, 2013, 3:46 PM

offer him a scholarship, because chance or not, he is #1 QB so they just should. For that matter, just go down the list of recruits, and offer #1, then #2, then #3..... Never mind what THEY say about where they want to go.

Urban is working on 4 of the top 6 per ESPN.***

May 9, 2013, 5:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, that's not a bad rationale...but it also depends on

May 9, 2013, 5:46 PM [ in reply to By that rationale, every school in the country should... ]

where your needs are and with limited scholarships to give, obviously you have to choose your recruits carefully. I would highly doubt there would be a school in the country that would turn down the #1 QB in the nation. From the sounds of it, this kid not only has the athletic prowess but is also a stud in the classroom.

Recruiters pay attention to what these kids are in to. If staying close to home is important, then Oregon will obviously not pour as much effort into a recruit here in the southeast. If a particular major (ex. journalism) is important to them, like one of last season's recruits (can't remember the name) then obviously other programs are going to be slightly more appealing than maybe a Clemson. But at the end of the day, if most of the cards are stacked in your favor, as a recruiter, you offer the kid and hope he gives you a glance.

Alabama is clearly going to be an attractive option for Watson. It'd be foolish of Alabama not to offer him. It is close to his home, a very prestigious program and has a lot of weapons in place already. But some kids, like Watson I hope, like to go against the grain and blaze their own trail at a more 'obscure' university.

Re: By that rationale, every school in the country should...

May 9, 2013, 6:32 PM [ in reply to By that rationale, every school in the country should... ]

Now you're catching on. About time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where is Watson's tweet....

May 9, 2013, 3:48 PM

turning down Alabama?

Better yet where is his tweet saying anything about Bama

May 9, 2013, 8:25 PM

Sounds to me like Bama spoke to the coaches.

Smh.

Re: Where is Watson's tweet....

May 9, 2013, 4:10 PM

Where is his tweet....saying he decommitted or was "blessed" by the offer???

Give the young man the benefit of the doubt!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK. I will give benefit of doubt...

May 9, 2013, 4:36 PM

but still wondering. :)

Deshawn Watson

May 9, 2013, 7:59 PM

He needs to remember the SEC "rule" about oversigning when he considers the offer from Alabama!

Re: Recruit Update: Alabama offers Deshaun Watson

May 9, 2013, 8:29 PM

The article was written by that scumbag Michael Carvell.

In other words, non credible.

Nothing to see here folks, move along now.

Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: JaDaveon Clowney On Nick Saban.

May 10, 2013, 1:01 AM

“I don’t see no big deal like everybody else,” he said later. “They’d say, ‘He’s the king of all of football.’ The guy ain’t nothing but 5-5. He’s a short guy. Everybody’s going crazy on Nick Saban.”

-----------------------

“Nick Saban’s going to take over and talk,” Clowney said. “He talked the whole time he was there. I was dozing off. He can talk. A lot. He talked for a whole straight hour.”

Re: JaDaveon Clowney On Nick Saban.

May 10, 2013, 1:12 AM

Is Saban really just 5'5?

Google has 5'-6".***

May 10, 2013, 5:19 AM

Re: Not Sure, But Nick Saban's Daughter Will Protect Him.

May 10, 2013, 3:09 AM [ in reply to Re: JaDaveon Clowney On Nick Saban. ]

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/01/caption-the-photo-nick-sabans-daughter-kristen-kobestyle/

She is cute...unless she is as full of herself as her father***

May 10, 2013, 8:01 AM

Re: Recruit Update: Alabama offers Deshaun Watson

May 10, 2013, 8:38 AM

Thats not his daughter

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic