Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My a-hole neighbor parks in the street, everyday.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 86
| visibility 1

My a-hole neighbor parks in the street, everyday.

Jan 22, 2013, 12:09 PM

Typically i wouldn't give a ###, but he insists on parking in front of my driveway, which makes it difficult for me to back out.

What gets me is that he has a looong driveway in which to park, but I guess moving cars around is too much trouble for Mr. Hole. He and his wife were gone this weekend--he left his car in the street all weekend long and his driveway was empty. I have complained to the HOA and either they aren't doing anything, or he is paying the fines and continues to park in the street.

I am seriously thinking of getting up some speed while backing out and hitting his car hard enough to push it up into his yard; I have a Tahoe and he has a Corolla, so this shouldn't be hard to do. I actually almost did this the other day.

What are the jounges thoughts on retribution?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bannana in the tailpipe

Jan 22, 2013, 12:10 PM

Beverly Hills Cop II-style

WAIT WUT?!?!?!?!***

Jan 22, 2013, 12:14 PM

if he's blocking your driveway

Jan 22, 2013, 12:11 PM

call the cops.

He's on the opposite side of the street

Jan 22, 2013, 12:13 PM

so its not enough to block the driveway; just enough that I have to do a 5 point backing turn. PIA.

And backing my boat in the driveway is a nightmare when he is parked there.

what a b*tch move that is***

Jan 22, 2013, 12:13 PM [ in reply to if he's blocking your driveway ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So what is your answer?

Jan 22, 2013, 12:18 PM

He knows he blocks the driveway; when I was moving in he was on his front porch watching teh moving van try and negotiate around his car,and did nothing to move his vehicle. If I thought the cops would do anything, I would call them. I thought about it.

Never call the cops. I have posted several suggestions***

Jan 22, 2013, 12:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This I agree with. Dates back to the noise violation days.***

Jan 22, 2013, 12:27 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you need them, they won't come in time. If you don't

Jan 22, 2013, 12:31 PM

really need them, you run about a 75% chance that you will get in trouble for something ridiculous or you will have to spend more time/money over something than it is worth. It's a lose/lose situation.

Yep, cops always make everything worse***

Jan 22, 2013, 12:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You got that right.

Jan 22, 2013, 12:46 PM [ in reply to If you need them, they won't come in time. If you don't ]

I had a tire blow out on I77 coming back from Florence. It was dusk and I was losing light fast. 5 cops passed, not a one offered to help.

Fast forward a few years. I was up all night partying with some folks who were taking part in some illegal substance. I went home long enough to find that I didn't have any clean jeans because some ####### didn't run the dryer. Here I am, stuck with these jeans that faintly smell of pot, on my way to judge a bbq contest. I had just gotten on 26 when my contact started hurting my eye. Pull over, wash the thing off with some solution and get read to go on my way.

Well what do you know, I look up and blue lights are filling my mirror before I can even pull off and this fool cop is harassing me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean, yeah.

Jan 22, 2013, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Never call the cops. I have posted several suggestions*** ]

That's generally the move. Leave po-po out of it.

But if he's out of options.

I bet he'll call the cops when I accidentally back in to

Jan 22, 2013, 12:58 PM

once day.

Have you ever said anything to...

Jan 22, 2013, 12:14 PM

him?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He knows he is blocking the driveway.

When i was moving in he wacthed the moving truck painfully negotiate around his car, and walked back in his house. He has also been outside when he has seen me and my wife have to do 5 point reverse turns to get out.

He's an #######.

One thing is clear then, the only way to solve this issue

Jan 22, 2013, 12:21 PM

is through physical damage to either him, or his vehicle. Anything short of that will do nothing to deter him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. He knows he is blocking the driveway.

Jan 22, 2013, 12:24 PM

He saw it the first day i moved in and has no intent on doing anything about it. That's why I haven't asked; it won't do any good.

In THAT case.....

Jan 22, 2013, 12:37 PM

Double tap the base of the skull with 40 grain .22 segmented hollow points.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you haven't confronted him....grow a pair and say

Jan 22, 2013, 12:22 PM [ in reply to He knows he is blocking the driveway. ]

something. Then I'm with the other post....burn his house down.

No need to have a conversation. Dude knows he is being a

Jan 16, 2022, 9:26 AM

prick. Odds are he won't even hear the words that are being said.

You could turn the other cheak like Perry and wash his car

Jan 16, 2022, 9:31 AM

while its in the road.

Lucretia? Any thoughts on this?***

Jan 22, 2013, 12:29 PM

What are you getting on about?***

Jan 22, 2013, 12:52 PM [ in reply to You could turn the other cheak like Perry and wash his car ]

Write him an accident note with a fake number that calls

Jan 22, 2013, 12:15 PM

something really funny, like a whore-house or something.

Have a chat with him, if that doesn't work, hook up a

Jan 22, 2013, 12:16 PM

tow chain and physically pull his car about a quarter mile down the street with the Tahoe. If he doesn't get the message after that, it's time to burn down his house.

Tape a "for sale" sign to the back window.

Jan 22, 2013, 12:17 PM

Put his number on it, and write on the bottom: "NO room in driveway, need to sell fast"

We have a winner.***

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a bad idea***

Jan 22, 2013, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Tape a "for sale" sign to the back window. ]

There are two things you CAN actually do about it.

Jan 22, 2013, 12:17 PM

1. Whine about it incessantly in the Jounge.
CHECK!

Bang his wife

then burn his car down.

She's fugly.

House burning is possible.

just the tip

Jan 22, 2013, 12:22 PM

just for a second, just to see how it feels.

Put a gay pride bumper sticker on his car.***

Jan 22, 2013, 12:19 PM

Put a KKK bumper sticker on his car***

well, let's see... there's:

nail strips, keying, spraypaint/nail polish, cutting multiple tire stems at once, bat to the windows, pellet guns to the windows, if he leaves a window cracked- fire extinguisher inside or opened cans of tuna on a hot day or bleach, or if you have as good of a hook up with mothra as rhtig, you could just ask for hail while he's parked outside his garage... YOUR CALL.

Also, I knew a guy that got in an argument with someone over

Jan 22, 2013, 12:25 PM

who was gonna use a hunting spot on public land last year when they arrived at the same time, and when he came back to his car, someone had smeared human feces all over the front windshield and left a pair of deer testacles hanging on the side mirror.

I dunno where you're gonna get the spare nuts, but my great uncles has plenty of pewp if you need some.

I also thought of "fish stew" in his vents.

Jan 22, 2013, 12:27 PM

Get some shad, or mullet, or black sea bass (the oilier the better), let it sit in a cooler outside, in teh sun, for a bout a week. Then pour it in the vents of the car near the windshield wipers.

That car is totaled, without a scratch.

Key it viscously until it is considered totaled, then blame

it on the neighborhood children and tell him it shouldn't be on the street anyway.

I thought about putting an off center D ring in my trailer

Jan 22, 2013, 12:23 PM

hitch, slamming into it, and if he asks tell him i have no idea how that happened and tell hime someone must have turned around in my driveway and done it.

I'd hide the D ring, so it wouldn't be anything he could blame on me.

That'd work, or get a trailer hitch that sticks out really

far and back into it. Probably wouldn't take a whole lot of speed to put a hole in the sheet metal. I killed a guys radiator/front end like that before.

I have a cargo carrier that would probably take his fender

and maybe a tire/wheel off.

If he is parked illegally, I think its his fault even if i do hit him.

I'd make it to where he knew I was the one who did it...

Jan 22, 2013, 12:37 PM

and why I did it, but he can't prove it. He's probably the type of person who would call the cops and press charges.

It's a Corolla?

Jan 22, 2013, 12:21 PM

just tip that ##### over.

tell the HOA that you will quit paying dues***

Jan 22, 2013, 12:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

heh..then they fine me.

backfire.

Just tell them you don't see a reason to pay them if they

aren't enforcing the rules.

Problem is the legislation is in the HOA's favor. Their selective

Jan 22, 2013, 12:32 PM

rule enforcement does not exempt you from the fees, unfortunately.

Message was edited by: CharlestonTom®

they may be fining him and he may be ignoring them...

Jan 22, 2013, 12:34 PM [ in reply to heh..then they fine me. ]

Or they may be ignoring you. Time to find out what kind of teeth the HOA has...unless you just want to fight this guy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This will get those commies' attention***

Jan 22, 2013, 12:25 PM [ in reply to tell the HOA that you will quit paying dues*** ]

don't back out

Jan 22, 2013, 12:26 PM

back in

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: My a-hole neighbor parks in the street, everyday.

Is it in the HOA rules that he can't do this?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Yes.

Jan 22, 2013, 12:30 PM

I've complained twice.

I hate HOA's....

Jan 22, 2013, 12:35 PM

that's why I bought a house with some land in a neighborhood without an HOA. They take your money and then when you ask them to enforce something or do something they should be doing you dont receive a response.

Personally, I'd tell him I didn't appreciate it and if he gets an attitude or p!ssy bust his face on your land of course or just back into it with a hitch or hook up and hide it so you don't end up with an insurance claim.

or start sabotaging the car. cut brake lines/fuel lines/etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Have you contacted him about the situation?

Jan 22, 2013, 12:31 PM

Let him know how inconvenient it is for you by returning the favor and block him in the same way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually thought of this too.

Jan 22, 2013, 12:32 PM

But since he is on the street, I'm not sure how that would work.

I always start out with a nice conversation and explaination

Jan 22, 2013, 12:42 PM

It works most of the time though a neighbor's dog startled me once while I was redoing the interior of my car. I was down on my knees bent into the door of the car and his 65 lb boxer barked up my butt crack.

When he got home I explained that I'd had 8 heart attacks not including the one from his dog that morning and I didn't think it was fair that I live with the possibility that his dog may terrorize me again.

The truth is that his dog crap further and further from his house annexing as much space by doing this as possible. I knew what the dog was doing and I had tried to explain how dogs behave when limited space is available to them but he refused to listen. I promised to call the authorities if it happed again. It didn't!

Perhaps a threat to call the police is in order after you've exhausted the 'nice guy,' method.

I believe you can have the cops come and settle a dispute between neighbors. That might be step #3,

My step four would be to back out in front of an oncoming car and make a collision. If his auto is deemed to have obstructed or distracted you his insurance company will be footing the bill. You'll need only to file on your comprehensive to have the claim toward him initiated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I actually thought of this too.

Jan 22, 2013, 1:55 PM [ in reply to I actually thought of this too. ]

Solution:

If He parking on one side of the street makes it hard for you to get out of your driveway I assume the street is not very wide. You then park on your side of the street directly opposite his car. Given the street is not wide this should restrict traffic on the street. While both cars are parked there make an anonymous call to the police and complain about the street being blocked. Police will then talk to both of you about moving your car. Yes you are calling the police on yoursf but your goal is to have no cars parked on the street. Your neighbor will see police talking to you and will not think you are the one who called the police.

Whatever you do, wear gloves and a hairnet.***

Jan 22, 2013, 12:34 PM

go Buford Pusser on him - saw 2/3 through his steering rod

Jan 22, 2013, 12:36 PM

Patiently wait.

Profit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The guy may just be really dense. I'd say something to him.

Jan 22, 2013, 12:40 PM

doesn't have to be a big confrontation. Then go the HOA route.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm certain he knows.

Jan 22, 2013, 12:46 PM

When he saw the moving truck trying to get around he walked his fat ### out on his porch and kind of smirked, then walked back in.

Noone is that dense.

I've figured out your problem

Jan 22, 2013, 12:50 PM

no one is that dense <---- there's your mistake

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's a pic from my driveway.

Jan 22, 2013, 12:42 PM
aholescar.jpg(182.2 K)

Its a PIA to back out and in to.

Yep, he's deliberately avoiding causing himself the same

Jan 22, 2013, 12:45 PM

inconvience he is causing you. Park your car directly in front of his drive. He'll get the message and the two of you can come to a conclusion together.

If i park in front of my driveway like he does

Jan 22, 2013, 12:47 PM

the street is effectively blocked.

So?***

Jan 22, 2013, 12:48 PM

So then i #### off all the neighbors down the street that

Jan 22, 2013, 12:50 PM

can't get out of the neighborhood.

From that pic if you go left from my drivway, it leads into a cul de sac. There is only one way out: right turn.

Re: So then i #### off all the neighbors down the street that

Jan 22, 2013, 1:56 PM

So. Who is then actually blocking the street? You or him. I'd park my car in front of your house. Blocking the street. Bet that will get some attention and the HOA will probably say no parking on street. Tell the HOA that you have as much as right to park on the street as he does. When the street is effectively blocked, call the police and tell them your neighbor's car is blocking the street. Placing roofing nails under all his tires at midnight will also work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get yellow paint. Paint just where he parks.

Jan 22, 2013, 12:48 PM [ in reply to If i park in front of my driveway like he does ]

Call tow truck.

Ugly

Jan 22, 2013, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Here's a pic from my driveway. ]

a$$ house.

He's just being a d1ck, I'd begin sabotaging...

Jan 22, 2013, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Here's a pic from my driveway. ]

If walking outside to four flat tires doesn't get his attention, I'd go the "accidental" hitting route. If that doesn't work, it's time to destroy that vehicle. I liked the fish in vents idea, that might be the best of all suggestions, since there's really no legal penalty that I can think of even if you did get caught.

Re: He's just being a d1ck, I'd begin sabotaging...

Jan 22, 2013, 12:52 PM

messing with someone else's property always has a legal penalty.

Yeah, but I imagine the cops would be more sympathetic

Jan 22, 2013, 12:53 PM

to dumping nasty fish #### into his vents, as opposed to keying the ever living #### out of his car or slashing his tires.

They'd have to prove i did that.

Jan 22, 2013, 12:54 PM

Good luck.

Re: Here's a pic from my driveway.

Jan 22, 2013, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Here's a pic from my driveway. ]

Do you live in mt pleasant. I know for a fact the police he will force him to park off the street if he is blocking traffic or if his car is hard to see around creating dangerousness driving conditions

Call the fuzz or see my other post then call the fuzz

What I notice most about this picture:

Jan 22, 2013, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Here's a pic from my driveway. ]

His house is not made of asbestos. It WILL burn.

Gallon of Bleach in the gas tank.

The car will likely be stuck there for a while, but your neighbor will get the message.

Walk across the street and talk to him

No reason for the passive aggressive stuff

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what does his wife drive?***

Jan 22, 2013, 12:52 PM

a small SUV of some sorts

Jan 22, 2013, 12:55 PM

they have a long driveway and a garage that has a big enough space for two cars in front of it.

same thing happens to me regularly so i had the

Jan 22, 2013, 12:59 PM

bastage's car towed while he was gone over the holidays. he still hasn't gone and gotten it out of hock.

I had the same problem a few years back

Jan 22, 2013, 1:00 PM

Left a note with the rules on the windshield and asked them to not park there as it impedes my getting in and out of the driveway. They quit. I put away my 5 gallon jug of gas and torch.

Dude across the street from me does the same but he drives

Jan 22, 2013, 1:10 PM

a Dodge Ram 1500 and he doesn't even pull all the way to the curb. Parks it about 1 ft off the curb so it makes it even harder to get in and out of my driveway. Thinking of salting his yard

Re: Dude across the street from me does the same but he drives

Jan 22, 2013, 1:58 PM

Roofing nails. They can solve a lot of problems.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or if that doesn't work

Jan 22, 2013, 1:59 PM

squirt superglue in the door locks.

Have you talked to your neighbor?***

Jan 22, 2013, 2:44 PM

Replies: 86
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic