Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Need cranberry sauce recipes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 388

Need cranberry sauce recipes

Nov 23, 2020, 1:52 PM

want to make my own this year, any thoughts ?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I make this every year

Nov 23, 2020, 1:53 PM

Everyone loves it. I blend the cooked mixture so its not a clumpy with all the veggies in it. Can make it as mild or spicy as you want.

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/cranberry-pepper-jelly

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WRONG BORED MORAN!

Nov 23, 2020, 1:58 PM

Take it to the Cooking/Grilling/Smoking board

jeeeeeeeeeeeez

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Smash up some dogwood berries, boil them for 2 hours

Nov 23, 2020, 1:59 PM

Add salt and pepper and some Texas Pete.

Serve over Alpo for best results.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man Tiggity is salty af up in here today

Nov 23, 2020, 2:00 PM

I did giggle st the tofu, cerviche and lamb reply

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boil said cranberries in some port.

Nov 23, 2020, 2:27 PM

Add some orange juice and orange zest. Throw in some dark rum. Add some dark rum to the cranberries too. Throw in some more dark rum.

Reduce mix...

enjoy

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Best one I know of....

Nov 23, 2020, 2:40 PM

get in car and drive to closest Fresh Market and get a container of their cranberry orange relish.

profit

I do. Many thoughts actually.

Nov 23, 2020, 2:43 PM

But I'll just share what's important. First, let's talk about cranberry. It only really has 2 total uses on planet earth: Juice mixed with vodka, and as a side dish on THANKSGIVING DAY ONLY (or mebbe leftovers on Friday after Thanksgiving). Every other use is invalid.

Ocean Spray. Ocean Spray is the premier purveyor of aforementioned cranberry applications. They make a decent juice. I mean, as decent as juice can possibly be after pouring something as nasty as vodka in it. They also make a real good canned and jellied cranberry sauce.

Ok, onto your specific application. Cranberry for Thanksgiving. Get you a can or two of jellied Ocean Spray cranberry. Open the cans juuuust after you pray over your food. Procure a saucer or small plate for each can. Dump the can upside down over the saucer, then shake the can so as if trying to rustle the can's jimmies. As the cranberry exits it's lair, you'll be handsomely rewarded (if done properly) with some good middle-school level fart sounds. Giggle and repeat for the 2nd can, but ONLY AFTER making sure a collection of family are gathered for the fart sounds coming from can number 2.

Then serve. That's it. Nice and simple. Oh, and YUMMY!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about craisins?

Nov 23, 2020, 2:53 PM

Also, New Jersey is the third-ranked cranberry producer in the U.S. and Ocean Spray gets cranberries from roughly two dozen growers (not showers) from the Garden State.

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2014/11/thanksgiving_2014_cranberry_facts.html

Revised: 2.5 uses for Cranberries.

Nov 23, 2020, 3:00 PM

Good catch.

Craisins. There is a spot for craisins, but it's limited. Limited only to salads. And not all salads, just some salads. To be honest I've not ever regretted having a craisin on a salad, but also haven't lusted enough for a craisin on a salad to track them down. A craisin is a salad topper of convenience and opportunity. For that reason, a craisin get's ate about every-other-year and hence the .5 of the numeric cranberry rating scale.

Just don't, canned is best. :)***

Nov 23, 2020, 2:46 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And when you get it all out in one big piece

Nov 23, 2020, 3:24 PM

Use the one on the bag

Nov 23, 2020, 2:59 PM

it is really good

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hop in your car to go procure ingredients from

Nov 23, 2020, 3:05 PM

Any of the aforementioned recipes

Realize nobody on earth actually likes it

Turn into your favorite bar and have a beer or two

Return home empty handed telling your family they were completely sold out or the truth that it’s disgusting and has no place next to the Mac and cheese

what? you don't own a can opener?***

Nov 23, 2020, 3:25 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My mom makes a cranberry relish that is the bomb.

Nov 23, 2020, 3:33 PM

Cranberries, an orange, and an apple, and a bit of sugar. I'm not sure of the ratios.

Throw in food processor. Let sit for a few days. *chef's kiss*.

My mom used to always say how it was an ancient family recipe passed down from generations and all that stuff. It was one of her major points of pride. Turns out a few years ago she realized it's on the back of the OceanSpray cranberry bag. "wellshit", she said.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Cranberry sawce? No. Dingleberry sawce? YES

Nov 23, 2020, 3:37 PM

Get some greecey Eye-talian food. Get that garlic butter all over it. Eat til ur full. Drink some water to warsh it down. Then eat a whole nother portion. Wait about 15-25 minutes, and then PRESTO! Dingleberry sawce aw la moad.

Open cranberries and toss down garbage disposal ;) ******

Nov 23, 2020, 4:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Need cranberry sauce recipes

Nov 23, 2020, 4:51 PM

Ingredients
1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
1 cup sugar
1 cup cranberry-raspberry juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Directions
Place cranberries, sugar and cranberry-raspberry juice in a large saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until berries pop, 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice. Transfer to a bowl; cool slightly. Refrigerate, covered, until cold.

Replies: 18
| visibility 388
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic