Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: ESPN: Built for 2013 - Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Football Update: ESPN: Built for 2013 - Clemson

Jun 20, 2013, 9:35 AM

ESPN: Built for 2013 - Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: ESPN: Built for 2013 - Clemson

Jun 20, 2013, 9:43 AM

I hope she is right here. She sure hasnt ever been about Logan Thomas

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Small window? Does she go out of her way to be an idiot?

Jun 20, 2013, 9:44 AM

Its called recruiting and building a program. This is not a flash in the pan type of deal. Get a clue already Heather, good grief.

All fans have been looking at '13 for a while now

Jun 20, 2013, 10:26 AM

We do have a nice window this year - without Boyd, we are back to hoping an unproven QB takes us far.

It's our current window before we have to retool. Next year

Jun 20, 2013, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Small window? Does she go out of her way to be an idiot? ]

FSU will be the favorites again b/c we travel to Tally, and it will be year 2 of Jameis Winston while we break in a new QB and look for a replacement for Watkins.

Also, Morris could leave any year. You just don't know...

it does currently look like a small window...

Jun 20, 2013, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Small window? Does she go out of her way to be an idiot? ]

because our two best players are probably leaving after this year, and we may also lose the OC that brought us our greatest success. However, I think we've got a pretty solid foundation for the future.

You guys need to quit being so sensitive to any criticism. Not every journalist who says they don't think Clemson will be in the national championship is uninformed or harbors ill will.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhhh, have you followed Heather? She IS clueless.

Jun 20, 2013, 2:34 PM

Pretty common knowledge.

Re: it does currently look like a small window...

Jun 20, 2013, 3:51 PM [ in reply to it does currently look like a small window... ]

TigerNet isn't know for its abundance of critical thinking, that's for sure.

Re: Small window? Does she go out of her way to be an idiot?

Jun 20, 2013, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Small window? Does she go out of her way to be an idiot? ]

Nah it just happens that way for naturally stupid people such as herself.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. This is the worst stuff she's EVER written, easily.***

Jun 21, 2013, 11:28 PM [ in reply to Small window? Does she go out of her way to be an idiot? ]

Jun 20, 2013, 9:46 AM

Article is a little short sighted. Yes 2013 is the year that the pieces come together but I also think it is only the 1st year of the established program Dabo has been trying to build. Sure we will lose pieces every season but the depth of the team as a whole and the coaching staff is in place for the long hall. Sure 2014 will be more difficult with a new QB but overall we are only losing 11 seniors. The future is very bright for this team.

null

Jun 20, 2013, 9:51 AM

Small window?

Swag Kelly and Deshaun Watson say Hi!

Nope, she's right. Every coach who does not

Jun 20, 2013, 10:08 AM

Win the national championship in his fifth year clearly never will. LOL.. The ceiling is here ladies and gentlemen. Solid insight HD.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

good lowered...

Jun 20, 2013, 11:02 AM

you people will find something to criticize in every thing people say about Clemson, no matter how good it is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't think she's a bit melodramatic? Hyperbole?

Jun 20, 2013, 11:59 AM

Really, I'm not one to slam HD or pay too much attention to writers, but this was just dripping with extreme statements. Anybody should be able to see that. She's a pro writer.. PAID to do it.
If she were on a message board it would be one thing. Think about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I honestly can't believe she gets paid to write this garbage***

Jun 21, 2013, 11:40 PM

Amen! This is a good article with a lot of validity.

Jun 20, 2013, 12:02 PM [ in reply to good lowered... ]

This is a good article with a lot of validity.

She's right.

This is the season to "get it done" and cement Clemson's position as an elite program.

Nowhere does she imply that the future is bleak ... to the contrary, she is high on Clemson.

But, she says quite correctly that in his 5th year with the squad he puts on the field and the coaching staff he has, this year should be the one that fans have been waiting on under Dabo.

In 2104, hopefully we "re-load" rather than having to "re-tool" ... if we've become an established winner, that will be the case.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So when Boyd leaves and we have Kelly, Stoudt and probably

Jun 20, 2013, 11:02 AM

Watson, at WR we've got Bryant, Peake, Humphries, Hopper at RB we'll have Brooks, Howard and there is a bunch of talent at rb and wr that will all be sophmores. Plus Dabo who recruited Chad and Venables will find a great replacement if Chad leaves. 21 wins in two years and we have a "narrow window" = load of cr@p

none of that talent is proven

Jun 20, 2013, 11:03 AM

but let's hope we have some more playmakers emerge at RB and WR this year.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

but it's not like we're relying on one wr or one qb

Jun 20, 2013, 11:25 AM

we'll have 2 highly recruited qb's and one very solid senior
a stable of 4 star wr's plus the unheralded Humphries
2 4 star rb's as sophomores plus a 4 star junior and Howard as a senior

overall the recruiting is near or at an all time high and though '14 might be a small step back (we won't know for another 1 1/2 years) I think we're building for a run not a one year and done

Re: but it's not like we're relying on one wr or one qb

Jun 20, 2013, 3:10 PM

every established program has to break in new starters sooner or later. How many #2 QB's get significant playing time outside of blowouts?
This is why you practice and recuit. Why we are already offering 2016 QB's.

Jun 20, 2013, 3:14 PM

She sys this is the year.

Anyone knowing football knows you take a step back when you lose a starting veteran QB of Boyds status.

add to that a once in a blue moon talent like Sammy Watkins you get ? marks from analysts who are not fans

Then add the reality that Morris is a hot commodity and potentially goes out with his star QB and WR and you have disaster written all over it.

The only reason this isn't a sky is falling article is purely due to the quality of recruiting over the years and based on star potential there are players who could step up.

Take any other team losing that type of quality players and possibly a big time OC, I doubt you see a positive tone to the article. In the end that is a good thing for Clemson. Only factually blind jersey wearing uniformed fanatics can't see that. No need to bask a reporter who has said numerous good things about Clemson in the past

The only reason

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Small window of opportunity?? Dinich just crossed the line..

Jun 21, 2013, 11:27 PM

with me on that one. I've seen her write some okay stuff, and I've seen her write some useless / ridiculous stuff, but this truly blows anything dumb she's ever said out of the water...

Does she not realize that Clemson has had great teams & great years (decades even if you think about the 80s) before? Does she not realize that Clemson has all kinds of depth & talent @ almost every position, many of those players who will still be returning next year, and the year after? Does she not see the kind of recruiting that's going on in Clemson?

Yeah, Tajh and Sammy are both amazing players when they're rolling, but I guess she doesn't realize that Clemson has the #1 QB in the country coming in for the 2014 cycle (with Kelly already in-house who I believe will rehab himself and come back just as strong). Or that the WRs along with Sammy like Martavis, Charone, Adam, Germone, Mike Williams, Priester and soon to be Kitt, etc., etc. will all (hopefully) be back and / or coming in for 2014 and beyond?

This is basically Heather Dimwhich saying, "Clemson just won't be that good after this year so they better capitalize on this season." Somebody please tell me this is a joke. Otherwise, I'm now on board with everyone else here on TNet who already thought she was an idiot.

Hey Heather, Go Tigers & #### off. This isn't Indiana, this is Clemson. Clemson will reload and be just fine no matter how good our current players are that may be leaving soon.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic