Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo - Contract extension talk should begin ASAP!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Dabo - Contract extension talk should begin ASAP!

Jan 2, 2013, 6:45 AM

Like him or not, he is doing things that haven't been done at Clemson in many, many years. I think it's time...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Slow Down!

Jan 2, 2013, 6:50 AM

Dabo has a contract that has a few years left, and hopefully, the new AD (can't spell his name yet) will do the usual extension for a year or two to keep the recruits happy. We DO NOT want a knee-jerk reaction like what we had after we beat Tenn. in the CFA with TB.

It was a good win, and I'm very hopeful that this may be the turning point. It seems that the team played as physical as I've seen in a long time. However, if Tajh and Nuk leave this year, next year could be very different.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Slow Down!

Jan 2, 2013, 7:03 AM

Anyone that compares Dabo's body of work to Tommy Bowden's doesn't understand football. Dabo has elevated this program light years above the decade of mediocrity under Bowden.

Jan 2, 2013, 8:16 AM

CUSioux was only comparing contracts.

If Les Miles would have called a run play on their last 2nd and 3rd down we would probably be saying fire Dabo.

Stupid decision to receive after winning coin toss. Sammy would probably not be on crutches today if we had kicked.

Les Miles got a little stupid himself there at the end but it was greatly appreciated.

Dabo does make good hires and surrounds himself with winners but he is not earned a long term extension.

Keep coaches buyouts to a minimum

Jan 2, 2013, 8:40 AM

Sammy probably wouldn't be injured if we had decided not to receive? You're kidding, right?

Dabo has won the ACC title, played for another, just beat a top 10 LSU team. This team is going places. If you don't think this team is turning into a national power, you're crazy.

BTW, if my Aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. You can "if" everything, so I wouldn't say "if Les Miles had run the bal....". If they had run the ball, they may have fumbled.

Or got a 3-n-out like the previous seven.***

Jan 2, 2013, 8:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Riddle me this chief, and I quote "Dabo makes good hires and

Jan 2, 2013, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Slow Down! ]

surrounds himself with winners." Isn't that what head coaches are supposed to do?

Also, tell me when is the last time in a span of 2 years we've won 21 ball games, lost 1 at home, won outright or shared the divison championship twice, won an ACC title, defeated a top 10 team in a bowl game to end the season, beat THREE ranked teams in a row, beat VT THREE times (twice in one year, I mean come on), have spent 28 consecutive weeks ranked. And those are just the things I can think of off the top of my head. That's not even diving into the statistical side of it.

We should make his leash the shortest in football right? What a joke.

The defense rests...

Jan 2, 2013, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Slow Down! ]

Pitiful,pitiful,pitiful

Jan 2, 2013, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Slow Down! ]

I agree that we shouldn't give him a contract extention, but every time we win the coin toss we always elect to receive because we prefer to set the tempo, which won us the game. And to say that it caused Sammy's injury is just plain dumb, you can have a body rolled on top of an ankle in 95% of plays in football, i'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

It wouldn't have mattered what Miles called.

Jan 2, 2013, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Slow Down! ]

As long as we are jacking a thread and going off on tangents, Goodman broke up both of those passing plays. He got in the lane and made their qback throw the ball high and out of reach and knocked the last pass down.

They had been stopped many times on third and short. The 7 yrd pass on their first down is what brought them back into positive yardage (+1).

Miles made the right call. The only difference is that we would have been short one timeout and had to kick to their receiving team at the end. They might have been left with 15 or so ticks on the clock. Our D was playing lightsout!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Josh Watson made their QB throw high on 2nd down while

Jan 2, 2013, 6:36 PM

Goodman batted down the 2rd down pass.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No he hasn't.***

Jan 2, 2013, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Slow Down! ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are right !! Bowden never had a losing season***

Jan 2, 2013, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Slow Down! ]

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Never won a Championship either !! *****

Jan 2, 2013, 5:14 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are right

Jan 2, 2013, 5:39 PM

but he is also 2 years removed from a losing season what if Chad leaves things fall apart then you're stuck with him

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Re: Dabo - Contract extension talk should begin ASAP!

Jan 2, 2013, 8:06 AM

Why. Nobody is calling to interview him for other schools. No hurry to sign anything. Next contract needs to include lots of incentive pay and less guarantee.

Jan 2, 2013, 8:41 AM

You do realize that his contracts have been VERY incentive based from the beginning, don't you?

Jan 2, 2013, 4:47 PM

They will call not onlydo i not want to lose the coach, i dont want us to lose the man how many other programs are havingthesuccess we are without having to worry about compliance hes proven himself reward the man make him our long term coach

/facepalm***

Jan 2, 2013, 4:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree with you for a change.

Jan 2, 2013, 5:08 PM

A knee jerk reaction is not required.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You would think people would have learned their lesson

Jan 2, 2013, 5:10 PM

from the Tommy Bowden days.

I also agree with you here...he's got enough for now***

Jan 2, 2013, 6:28 PM [ in reply to /facepalm*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2013, 5:20 PM

You don't give a contract extension every time there is one big win. We played 3 big games and lost two of them. Time will tell if he deserves a contract extension.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic