Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson fans visiting Blacksburg
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Clemson fans visiting Blacksburg

Sep 25, 2017, 7:12 PM

Thought I'd fire up this account again since it's Clemson week. Enjoyed discussing the game with y'all back in December.

Just a few pointers for those of you visiting the burg this weekend:

Highly recommend you all stop by TOTs and enjoy a nice rail. It is the staple bar in Blacksburg and one rail will have you buzzing for the big game.

If you have time... stop by the April 16th memorial on the drillfield. It's a sacred spot at VT and the drillfield is beautiful.

I think you all will find Blacksburg to be very similar to Clemson. Small college town who loves there football. Hope everyone has a great weekend regardless of the outcome.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the info...

Sep 25, 2017, 7:20 PM

Any restaurant recc's?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Slouvakis is right next to TOTs. Nice hole in the wall spot

Sep 25, 2017, 7:24 PM

that serves the best sandwiches in Blacksburg.

Hokie House has the best burger in town IMO.

If you're looking for wings I would go with PK's. Its located on Main Street just a buildings up from Hokie House.

Re: Clemson fans visiting Blacksburg

Sep 25, 2017, 7:28 PM

Thanks man. Not visiting, but Blacksburg is definitely on the bucket list. I've heard ya'll have an awesome atmosphere. Cheer you guys on for every game except we play each other.

VT has great fan, program, and coach. Lots of respect, should be a nail-biter!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2017, 7:34 PM

Thank you for being civil while visiting our bored. Now, put up your dukes and fight sissy boy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you were here last year and still maintain a 68% pulse

Sep 25, 2017, 7:46 PM

You must be ok, Sooners and buckeyes are usually around 10% after their first POA at haha

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks 864. Any advice on public parking and route to take?***

Sep 25, 2017, 8:12 PM

You can find public parking in the prices fork lot. I rec

Sep 25, 2017, 9:00 PM

that you get there early.

Sep 25, 2017, 8:27 PM

Parking suggestions? Can you park and tailgate along the side of roads coming into stadium? Do you need to park somewhere away from stadium and ride in? Clemson used to have lots of free parking along entrance roads that you could use to set up and tailgate but parking has become a lot harder here if you don't have a parking pass or parking spot. Are there private parking areas that you would recommend and how much do they cost? How early should we arrive before the game? Is there a parking area near the drill field you mentioned? First time in Blacksburg so any info appreciated. Thanks in advance! You guys represented your school well at ACC championship game and several of your alumni sold me on visiting for this game so we are looking forward to seeing your campus and the Blacksburg area.

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Here are a few links that may help you. If you still have

Sep 25, 2017, 8:34 PM

questions feel free to ask and I'll try to answer the best I can.

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/gameday/2017/game3.html

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/fanguide.html#Parking

Re: Here are a few links that may help you. If you still have

Sep 25, 2017, 9:00 PM

The airport west runway lot looks like a possibility. Can we set up a tailgate party there or is it just parking only? How soon should we arrive before game to get a space? TU to you for yr help. Thanks again, FG

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Honestly I'm not familiar with parking out that direction

Sep 25, 2017, 9:16 PM

I can't tell you a time to arrive to get a good spot because I really don't know. People will be arriving all parts of the day. With the weather forecast being so nice I would say the lots will start completely filling up by mid-afternoon for sure....maybe earlier. If you arrive much later than that, you may have to go off campus to a satellite lot.

Re: Here are a few links that may help you. If you still have

Sep 25, 2017, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Here are a few links that may help you. If you still have ]

Does VT use the "clear bag" policy (or no bag)? Supposed to be pretty chilly by the end of the game - and restrictions on blankets etc? Doesn't appear to be but didn't want to make assumptions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, there is a clear bag policy and I don't think

Sep 25, 2017, 9:09 PM

there are blanket restrictions.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic