Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Size and Talent at Defense Tackle..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Size and Talent at Defense Tackle..

Jan 11, 2019, 6:23 PM

The only concern i have moveing forward is the lack of a talent like Dexter or Wilkens
to push the pocket....the defense's ends are in good shape but middle is looking weak...
what does everyone think?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Size and Talent at Defense Tackle..

Jan 11, 2019, 6:28 PM

You can’t replace a guy like Dex we have really been spoiled to have a once in a lifetime talent like that. I think the main adjustment we will see next year is in our scheme expect BV to change up how we attach offenses given that our relative strength will be in our Secondary and LBS not our D Line.

Emphasis on the word relative, our DLine will be good but our experience will be in other groups

“Once in a lifetime” is a long time

Jan 11, 2019, 7:51 PM

We had a “once in a lifetime” talent in William Perry, then we had another “once in a lifetime” guy named Jeff Bryant, then we had yet another “once in a lifetime” player in Chester McGlocton.

All during one lifetime.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: “Once in a lifetime” is a long time

Jan 11, 2019, 8:23 PM

We have never had a man that big that can run that fast on our D....ever

Jan 11, 2019, 11:15 PM

Maybe you are a little young to remember Chester McGlockton, but he was a freak. About the same size as Big Dex and ran a 4.9 40. Chester was a 4 time Pro Bowler, so I doubt Dex would be offended by the comparison.

Jan 11, 2019, 11:29 PM

I never realized just how big Chester was. I always though he was in the 315-320 range. Looks like he was 335 in the NFL, and I doubt he added 20 lbs after college. Running a 4.9 at that size is unbelievable.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 6:31 PM

Either you haven’t been paying attention or you are only acting like a fan. We’re in really good shape in the middle, at least as good as a top SEC DL, but we’ll improve on that as the season progresses.

Well, Dabo sure does.........

Jan 11, 2019, 6:59 PM

He’s been bragging about his redshirts and first year defensive linemen all season. We may not have a Wilkins or Big Dex, but we’ve got some “grown men” coming in. Not to worry. Trust the coaches!

Dex didn't play in our 2 biggest games***

Jan 11, 2019, 7:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 7:34 PM

I think we will be fine on the D line. A huge part of are consistency and success is being able to redshirt highly talented players. Not alot of programs can redshirt the type of players that we have been able to do. This speaks volumes about the culture at Clemson just as much as anything. Players of their skill level usually want to play right away and if they dont they transfer. This will be on display this up coming season. A large part of are defence will be made up of redshirted player's.

I can't wait to see Shaq Smith, Xavier Kelly, and Williams ball out this year. Also Pickney is a big dude.

The interesting thing to me is to see what position players will end up playing.

Jan 11, 2019, 7:46 PM

Darnell Jeffries and Moscoll have been getting huge recognition as RS. You ask Dabo about Moscoll and he lights up. I think he is listed as DE but will move inside. KJ is going to be good, I think he up to almost 260 from 235, just needed some strength.

I'm pretty sure we'll be ok.

Moscoll is not moving inside***

Jan 11, 2019, 7:56 PM

Concur...***

Jan 16, 2019, 7:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 7:38 PM

Looking weak ? LMBO ! Have you taken a look at Pinkney lately ? Dude looked really good in the championship game . Jordan Williams also has shown some really great stuff in clean up time .
They were behind two all-time greats but there is no reason to say we are looking weak , not true . Can't wait to see what Jeffries is like in his first opportunities.
No weakness , just different .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 11, 2019, 7:49 PM

Not sure how you say size. Maybe depth sure, but :

Pinckney is 6’1 & 300 (bigger than Grady)
Jordan Williams 6’4 & 310
Darnell will come in at 6’2 & 290
Tyler Davis will step on campus at 6’1 and 300
Tayquon Johnson will be 6’2 and 305

I'd expect Kelly to be in the 290 range come fall as well***

Jan 11, 2019, 7:57 PM

Jan 11, 2019, 8:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Size and Talent at Defense Tackle.. ]

And all of these are bigger than the Bama stud who is 285. He is projected to go in the top 5 of the upcoming NFL draft.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 11:19 PM

It's a safe bet he will go in the draft just a few digits lower than as high as he can count .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 25, 2019, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Size and Talent at Defense Tackle.. ]

Remember when we signed Jeffries Dabo said his motor never stops running or something like that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 8:20 PM

This guy just named Clemson his leader this week. He could do a Big Dex imitation.

https://247sports.com/Player/Timothy-Smith-46050501/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 9:22 PM

Bama had four declare for the draft so we are not the only ones losing talented experienced players.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Size and Talent at Defense Tackle.. ]

Wow!Go get him Dabo!!

Jan 11, 2019, 11:55 PM

Williams was one of the best DLs in rivals camps coming out of high school. The Freshman Davis coming in is a top recruit. We have some others coming in that will add weight and get where they need to be. Pinckney is only getting better. Kelly will add weight and was highly recruited. Jefferies is going to be a grown man in the middle. We will be fine at DT. Now the Duo of CW and Dex will be hard to ever beat I will give you that.

Jan 12, 2019, 1:42 AM

Yeah we have a hole there. We will see how this last recruiting class pans out, but it is not a strength aside from that. It is our weakness in theory.

No.***

Jan 25, 2019, 8:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At this point, I don't think any of us...

Jan 12, 2019, 8:53 PM

are in position to question Dabo (staff)

B!tch, please....***

Jan 16, 2019, 7:26 PM

Jan 25, 2019, 9:14 PM

Starters: Williams and Pinckney
Next Two: Kelly and Jefferies/Davis
Reserves/Redshirt: Reuben and Cash (?)

By mid season we’ll be fine.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic