Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Six years ago today, I came to work with some things on
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Six years ago today, I came to work with some things on

Feb 25, 2016, 9:13 AM

my mind. You know, normal work related stuff, marriage, life in general, but the biggest weight I had on my shoulders was my 18 day old little girl. Life went on for a few hours as normal as it could when my cell phone lit up. I recognized the number, our daughter's doctor. They wanted to know how soon could we get to the NICU at CMC up in Charlotte. I called home and told my wife she needed to get ready that the doctors wanted to talk with us. They had ran some test and I had a bad feeling. After everyone arrived, we were moved to a "special" room to discuss Huntley's condition. NOT GOOD!!! A decision had to be made, take her off life support or leave her on and basically wait for the same result. We decided to give her to God. After all, it was Him that gave us 18 days to hold and love her and not let her be miscarried. We buried her two days later.

So today, I remember the events of February 25,2010 and still they seem like a blur. Even though I am no longer with Huntley's mother, my heart pours out to her and I try to feel what she must be feeling. We will be forever be attached by Huntley and our son and we are blessed to be the parents of both. We ocassionaly talk about Huntley's life and what she means to us. Our four year old son told me yesterday, he couldn't wait to die and get to heaven so he could see his big sister. I asked for him to slow down and God will come for him in His own time. I know Huntley's mom hurts today and I wish I take her pain and place it on my chest so her day will be easier. We miss you little girl.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Six years ago today, I came to work with some things on

Feb 25, 2016, 9:27 AM

a wonderful tribute to your little girl and your wife. God bless you!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not often at a loss for words...

Feb 25, 2016, 9:48 AM

I've been on the "delivery" side of that conversation innumerable times, but always with adults or teens at the youngest. The pain, the love, the mixed emotion... none of the the human experience of it is ever lost on me.
Letting go to the inevitable can be dignified, but never ever easy.
My heart goes out to you and your ex.
Perhaps, if you haven't, you should share your post with her.
Sending you my best on a difficult day..

Message was edited by: soywaker®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

sorry to hear about your loss

Feb 25, 2016, 10:04 AM

my brother in law and his wife experienced this last summer. There daughter lived 15 days and then finally they had to also make a decision. Its never an easy decision but faith in knowing that God is in control of it all and that you will be reunited with her again one day will get you through each day.

prayers your way

Re: sorry to hear about your loss

Feb 25, 2016, 10:27 AM

I hate and feel for you brother-in-law and his wife. Losing a child is hard, even if they are with us a short time. You heal but never completely. Hopefully they will have another child and their marriage will survive this. We have never lost our faith in God and haven't questioned "why?" We just know we did what was best for her. Tried to donate her organs to the others in the NICU but she was just to small.

My prayers!
MfO

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2016, 11:06 AM

I feel for you brother. I've lost one myself. I'll say a prayer for you on this difficult day. Keep keeping on my friend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2016, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: sorry to hear about your loss ]

Sorry to hear about your loss. We lost a daughter after 7 months. God has used that event in my life to remind me that life is short and to make the best of every day. Also, to be able to some how use it to comfort others in the same way others tried to help us. Good luck and God bless all.

Message was edited by: tigersnake1954®

Feb 25, 2016, 10:07 AM

Wow! God bless!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2016, 11:03 AM

Holy crap this about made me cry. I couldn't imagine losing my little girl.

Prayers to you

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Those words

Feb 25, 2016, 11:10 AM

even made Psycho emotional, which is hard to do. We'll be praying for you today, ####. You're a great man and a great tiger.

Feb 25, 2016, 11:14 AM

you've been through a lot ####. that's a helluva load man. as a father of girls, i'm thinking of you today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Feb 25, 2016, 11:15 AM

Bless you for sharing this. My prayers are for you and Huntley's mom as well as your young son. May the Lord bless and keep you and may you all look forward as eagerly to being reunited with her for eternity when the Lord comes. I just buried my dad last Saturday, and while it is a completely different scenario than you continue to deal with they both spell out through your advice to your son that life is precious, we have purpose here in this life, yet we have something tremendous to look forward to for those who trust in the Lord. Be well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2016, 11:40 AM

Praying for strength for you and Huntley's mom always, but especially today on this difficult anniversary. From what I can tell on TigerNet, you sure seem to be a good man with a strong faith and have handled terrible adversity better than a lot of people would. God bless.

Feb 25, 2016, 11:42 AM

As someone with an 8 month old baby boy I am sorry to hear that I cant imagine what that must have been like

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

I can't imagine my friend, that's a hard day. Thoughts and

Feb 25, 2016, 1:16 PM

prayers for you today.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

As a pstor it has always been my nightmare scenario

Feb 25, 2016, 1:25 PM

to have to preach an infant's funeral. I trust God. I know He is the author of life. He gives and He takes away, but my heart will choose to say, blessed be His name. That being said, I cannot imagine your grief. I have a daughter that will be thirteen tomorrow. Now as I celebrate her life, I will have a heavy place in my heart for you. I am sorry for the divorce that followed this trauma in both your lives. I pray that the peace of Jesus Christ, the resurrection and the life, will rest upon you and your former wife this day. Now may the God of all grace, He who has called you to His eternal glory in His Son, Christ Jesus, the king, perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you all both now and indeed forever more, Amen and Amen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Powerful words. I am so sorry for your loss. I know today is

Feb 25, 2016, 1:57 PM

hard.

Man, i just got really emotional

Feb 25, 2016, 2:07 PM

Someone must be cutting onions in here. Im very sry for your loss and i hope you and your family have made it through this difficult process okay. My prayers are sent, god bless

My Brother--

Feb 25, 2016, 3:09 PM

You just crossed over into a whole different level of adulthood with that message.

I cannot even imagine your loss nor imagine I could handle it the way you just stated you have. Your baby girl was lucky to have you for 18 days as her Daddy. Your son, the same.

You tell him when he looks into your eyes he can see his sister, when he looks in his mother's eyes he will see his sister and when the clouds separate and the sun shines, that is his little sister putting him in her spotlight and watching out for him.

Bless you my friend @MyfavOrange

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Brother--

Feb 25, 2016, 3:48 PM

You tell him when he looks into your eyes he can see his sister, when he looks in his mother's eyes he will see his sister and when the clouds separate and the sun shines, that is his little sister putting him in her spotlight and watching out for him.

Strong and incredible words. Never thought about it that way!!! Thanks U11P!!

Stay strong

Feb 25, 2016, 6:27 PM

H8n and Mrs h8n have had a miscarriage and it was early so you don't quite now how to feel. I could never imagine losing a child after birth and hope I never do. We have 3. However I have watched a friend I have known for 27 years lose a child to cancer at 11 years old. It was the worst thing I have ever witnessed watching him battle that terrible evil disease for 6 years. In 2014 he had no more fight left him, strongest little guy I've ever seen. RIP TREVOR.

Feb 25, 2016, 3:21 PM

May God bless you both by easing your pain, my heart goes out to y'all, having experienced something very similar in my family.

FAIRWOODTIGER 67

MyFav, you're a strong man...

Feb 25, 2016, 6:49 PM

And a fine individual. I wish nothing but the best for you. God Bless ya.

~JKB

Praying for your family. I know what it feels like. We lost our

Feb 25, 2016, 7:19 PM

Little girl Jennifer after 6 days in neonatal unit. My wife and I went on to have a great son and daughter.

I pray for a much happier future for you and Huntley's mother.

Feb 25, 2016, 7:22 PM

May the Lord touch you and guide you through this rough day. My wife lost her younger brother to a car wreck in 03' and it still is a tough day on her. I will say a special prayer for you. I have a 5 year old daughter, and I thank God for her every day. God bless you!

Feb 25, 2016, 7:48 PM

Lifting you up in prayer. Although I read Tigernet almost every day, I rarely post myself. Your message really moved me. I hope that God will wrap His loving arms around you and bring you peace.

Bless your hearts. Do tell her mom to read this. Prayers***

Feb 25, 2016, 10:29 PM

####, I wish I could give you

Feb 25, 2016, 10:35 PM

a thousand TU's. Your Tmails meant the world to me after finally posting about my similar situation that happened January 17, 2013. Coming from someone whose been through it really meant a lot. It never gets easy, but having good friends and family (CU family too:) ) can go a long way! Thanks for sharing ####. I know Huntley and Mia are with the big guy cheering on our Tigers together!

RIP Mia January 17, 2013
RIP Huntley February 25, 2010

Feb 26, 2016, 7:31 AM

May God grant you some grace in this situation. I have been personally involved in two situations where we had to make a decision about removal life support, my father and my sister. (Both passed on not long after.) Hard as those were, in no way do they compare to what you and your wife went through. We can only comfort ourselves by knowing that God had a different plan in mind for our loved ones, and that we will see them again someday. Continue to treasure your son, and praise to you for keeping his sister's memory alive with him.

God Bless you, your ex, your son and your late daughter!

Feb 26, 2016, 7:42 AM

You couldn't have shown your faith and your heartfelt compassion for your ex any better that you did in that post! Well done! I would too suggest that you share that with your ex, she would have to be blessed by reading those words!

Feb 26, 2016, 8:22 AM

:(

Feb 26, 2016, 8:50 AM

I can not imagine. Peace be with you today and all days. Prayers sent

My prayers are with you and your family

Feb 26, 2016, 10:12 AM

I can't even imagine, which I guess makes me very lucky.

Re: My prayers are with you and your family^^^^^^^^^^^^

Feb 26, 2016, 10:28 AM

God Bless you and your family.........

Sending strength your way on this difficult day.

Feb 26, 2016, 10:29 AM

Prayers as well.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic