Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about Remdesivir. It seems to have shown some
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,791

Question about Remdesivir. It seems to have shown some

Apr 17, 2020, 7:44 AM

Encouraging results agsinst covid 19. If thats true and the drug is already in use for other viruses, can it be rolled out quicker if in fact it does work? Apparently its shown to have helped almost everyone treated with it and China, of course, has already copied it into their very own generic version.

Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question about Remdesivir. It seems to have shown some

Apr 17, 2020, 7:58 AM

Hydroxychloroquine works. Period. TESTED safe for 60 years, yet Fauci fights it.
Ask yourself, Why?

Apr 17, 2020, 8:08 AM

Hydroxychloroquine is not safe for everyone, especially some heart patients, is it? So im not sure its viable for the most vulnerable. Im no doctor but didnt they have kinda a trial lately that didnt show it made a huge difference? Im not sure the details but seems i read something somewhere.

It may work but im not sold on it until there is some solid evidence.

Since so many people aren't at risk with covid 19

Apr 17, 2020, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Question about Remdesivir. It seems to have shown some ]

Statistically significant results are not in yet. We are all hopeful. Fauci is a scientist and a very good one. He uses the scientific process and will not make claims before seeing fully vetted studies.

Apr 17, 2020, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Question about Remdesivir. It seems to have shown some ]

"VERDICT
Current data do not support the use of hydroxychloroquine for prophylaxis or treatment of COVID-19. There are no published trials of prophylaxis. Two trials of hydroxychloroquine treatment that are in the public domain, one non-peer reviewed, are premature analyses of trials whose conduct in both cases diverged from the published skeleton protocols registered on clinical trial sites. Neither they, nor three other negative trials that have since appeared, support the view that hydroxychloroquine is effective in the management of even mild COVID-19 disease."

Apr 17, 2020, 8:40 AM

This drug was developed years ago. It was tested against SARS and found to be safe in humans but before FDA approval was acquired for use in humans the virus was defeated through other means, so there was no reason to complete clinical trials. It was tested against Ebola and found to be less effective than alternatives.

It is only currently available in iv form, but could be produced in both inhaled and oral forms per Gilead. Think of this as Tamiflu for Coronavirus, there are strong similarities. Gilead is a HUGE company and could produce massive quantities quickly.

For those that would prefer Hydroxychloroquine- you have at it. I want Remdesivir. You can trust my medical degree or your Google degree.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2020, 8:55 AM

Since all medications have side effects and contraindications I would like to see these for this drug. I know it has been clinically studied with Ebola but it is investigative unless that changed overnight.

How big is the clinical trial in the US? I don't know? Is the information of success from China trustworthy? Again, I don't know

I do know that if one is sick enough then it probably doesn't matter about side effects.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2020, 10:14 AM

There is no data from China. They stopped the studies early d/t “lack of patients”. Of note the Chinese government did “steal” the patent from Gilead. What does that suggest?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2020, 10:35 AM

In fairness they steal all patents but events do make us consider alternative conclusions.

For the China trial I was going by the NIH report here but it was February -- I know they are busy these days and your information may be more up to date

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/nih-clinical-trial-remdesivir-treat-covid-19-begins

in the bottom section it stated then

Clinical trials of remdesivir are also ongoing in China. NIAID developed the current study taking those designs into account, and in accordance with consultations convened by the WHO on the development of a therapeutic trial for patients with COVID-19.

Now of course we hear about concerns with WHO and China and this brings up even more questions that cause us to wonder

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Until there's a regime change within China

Apr 17, 2020, 10:51 AM

There is no information forthcoming from that country I will be willing to believe. In no way should that leadership be given any slack whatsoever...it should be taken down. The world should choose to see that, but...I won't hold my breath.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2020, 8:57 AM

They haven't done comparison studies, i.e. placebo, in order to determine efficacy above placebo.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,791
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic