Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Since no one has asked .....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Since no one has asked .....

Mar 13, 2019, 7:30 PM

Here is my take on the events that happened today in the Spectrum. Most of us would agree that the game was not played properly as far as the officiating goes. All the State fans that I have talked with agree with this also. These kind of things just should not happen, especially in a game of this magnitude. As a coach, I think your hands are somewhat tied because of league rules that prevent a coach from voicing his opinion in regards to officiating. While this may be true, if the opportunity for my team to win is taken away by poor officiating, I have to voice my displeasure. You can’t ask your players to go through what they experience every day in preparing for a game and then let all the work be for naught because of the incompetence of game officials. Basketball is a tough game to officiate because of the speed of the game and the contact that always occurs. If I’m coaching the Tigers the first thing I do tomorrow is tell the league office ... ‘no more’. You must stand up for your guys. You must. Several times today I noticed a confused look on the face of the Tigers when they knew something was going wrong and there was nothing they could do but keep playing and hope for the best. If today was the only time this season this has happened I would have a different outlook, but it isn’t! The coach and his boss need to grow some.This mess isn’t going away by its self. So what if you have to pay a fine. It’s only money. We have more riding on our basketball program that a few dollars is worth.

I saw coach Barnes refuse to allow the league to over run his Tigers when he called the great Dean Smith out over nonsense just like we saw today. For that, Barnes will always be a super coach to me. Now Brownell it’s your time. You OWE it to your players.

If you don’t agree with this tell me your solution.And another coach ISNOT the answer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brownell doesn't have it in him. Has he ever

Mar 13, 2019, 8:40 PM

even gotten a technical? We'll have a new coach after next year at the latest when we struggle to win 10-12 games

Re: Brownell doesn't have it in him. Has he ever

Mar 13, 2019, 8:51 PM

Name me a Clemson coach who has! B.B. isn’t the only one. The Tiger basketballers have been content to be a run of the mill team in the ACC ..... and that is not what most of us want. Time to stand up and be counted. The program really cannot survive another mediocre season next year ... but I fear that it what is looking us in the face. I don’t think a new coach is the answer.

Barnes, and Cliff got his share as well***

Mar 13, 2019, 9:44 PM

So did Tates Locke. He was like Bobby Knight**

Mar 13, 2019, 10:09 PM

Yes, he has.

Mar 13, 2019, 10:10 PM [ in reply to Brownell doesn't have it in him. Has he ever ]

The notion that he won’t argue or voice his displeasure is incorrect.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

When? I've seen every game for years

Mar 13, 2019, 10:14 PM

and honestly cannot recall one

Re: Since no one has asked .....

Mar 13, 2019, 8:47 PM

I asked on the other thread what you would suggest, so, I guess this is it. I don't see it happening. I'm tired of the same old same old. He's like Tommy Bowden...he can't get us where we want to be.

Watch his postgame press conference (only lasts about 3 minutes)

Mar 13, 2019, 8:49 PM

He was pretty angry and outspoken.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Since no one has asked .....

Mar 13, 2019, 8:59 PM

He had a dumbfounded look on his face when these calls happened. You speak up, lose your sheet when you are robbed a game like today. The damage to recruiting is done, by not acting he told any kid or parent of a kid possibly playing for Clemson that I don’t care enough to voice my opinion. Submitting something to the ACC tomorrow won’t fix what the whole country just witnessed complacency.

Brownell held his tongue to prevent a fine? A fine compared his to his salary is nothing; he lost his job today or at least he should of. Back your players up.

Does Dabo hold his tongue with calls like today; Dabo would be in that dudes face. Behind the s

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic