Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Since I used to be an NFL coach for many decades and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,608

Since I used to be an NFL coach for many decades and

Nov 26, 2012, 12:40 AM

have several Heisman trophies (yeah it's possible) to my credit, this is what I wanna see from this Offense.

I'd like our Offense to run an even faster tempo. If I understand uptempo correctly, it's simply a no huddle offense. As long as the team lines up and looks to the sideline for the next play, it doesn't matter when the ball is snapped...even if the play clock runs down to 1; it is still considered uptempo. Or is that incorrect? I'm a bit rusty on this, you'll have to forgive me. If you really wanna exhaust the D and slow a Clowney down, why not go as fast as possible with run plays and quick passes to get the ball out of Tahj's hands and negate the pass rush. Clowney and the D line would be gasping for air by the time we got to the redzone.

Just curious what you guys think while I make room in my trophy case for another coach of the year award...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am not a coach but I agree. Keep it going

Nov 26, 2012, 12:42 AM

Especially college ball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Savior. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Since I used to be an NFL coach for many decades and

Nov 26, 2012, 12:51 AM

This will work against teams with bad defenses. However, see Oregon vs Stanford. Stanford had a great defense that stopped Oregon consistently, and because Oregon was going fast tempo, they were barely killing any clock while they had the ball which led to Stanford having the ball for 38 minutes. Going fast tempo some is good, however I've always thought that using it every single drive is bad. Even yesterday when we got the field goal in the 3rd quarter, we only had the ball for around a minute, maybe two and gave the coots the ball back pretty quickly.

Re: Since I used to be an NFL coach for many decades and

Nov 26, 2012, 5:04 AM

So which team were you a coach for? My team maybe in the market for a new one at seasons end.Only problem is your boss will be an a-hole!

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,608
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic