Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will SCU ever beat Clemson again in football?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Will SCU ever beat Clemson again in football?

Jun 28, 2017, 12:17 PM

If we're being objective, I think the answer is no.

They are just too terrible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

This series deserves a 10 in a row at least.***

Jun 28, 2017, 12:18 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: This series deserves a 10 in a row at least.***

Jun 28, 2017, 12:19 PM

Bama has done it to Auburn before. Why not us?

Wait, did you just say....

Jun 28, 2017, 12:21 PM

"Why not us"?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

^^^thinks he smells a coot^^^***

Jun 28, 2017, 12:22 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: This series deserves a 10 in a row at least.***

Jun 28, 2017, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Re: This series deserves a 10 in a row at least.*** ]

While Auburn did beat Alabama for six straight seasons between 2002 -2007, Alabama has never beaten Auburn 10 times in a row. They did win 9 in a row between 1973 and 1981.

Make it 11 in a row with 1 for the toe

Jun 28, 2017, 1:33 PM [ in reply to This series deserves a 10 in a row at least.*** ]

nm

Objectivity on Tnet?***

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Will SCU ever beat Clemson again in football?

the scuttlebutt out of columbia suggests that they are not to be trifled with this fall. Be careful when you say things like this because it can easily be printed out and taped up in their locker room.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is what's in their locker room now...***

Jun 28, 2017, 12:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Accurate description is accurate***

Jun 28, 2017, 12:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Since I have to be objectionable,***

Jun 28, 2017, 12:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I'm going to need you to go watch Bentley film and then we can talk.

Jun 28, 2017, 12:26 PM

Plus didn't you hear we disrespected them last year? And, there's game on and never again. And then the muschamp bus. We'll be lucky to win again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm going to need you to go watch Bentley film and then we can talk.

Jun 28, 2017, 12:32 PM

Don't forget ,everyone knew at the end of the game that Clemson wasn't better than them 56-7

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: I'm going to need you to go watch Bentley film and then we can talk.

Jun 28, 2017, 3:28 PM [ in reply to I'm going to need you to go watch Bentley film and then we can talk. ]

You, sir, have scared me badly. That makes me think that our Tigers will only be 30-point favorites over the next 5 years.
(MustbaChump can do nothing to change that, except talk like he can change that. I give him 2 more years as the head chicken.)

Jun 28, 2017, 12:27 PM

Never Again

Doubtful, at least not in my lifetime***

Jun 28, 2017, 12:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

two thumbs up....and

Jun 28, 2017, 12:33 PM

in

dumb coots

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jun 28, 2017, 12:33 PM

Wouldn't it be great if we could get a run like we had with Virginia. I was there the first time they won playing us. Wasn't 25 or so games to their 0

Jun 28, 2017, 4:14 PM

Twenty-nine to zero was the record against UVA. Personally I think we lose maybe one out of the next ten, but objectively I could see ten in a row with no problem.

Go Tigers!

Jun 28, 2017, 12:37 PM
IMG_1475.JPG(244.5 K)
IMG_1479.JPG(260.5 K)
IMG_1484.JPG(278.7 K)

Never, no way ever!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jun 28, 2017, 12:53 PM

Those were great

Jun 28, 2017, 12:45 PM

According to them they all walked away last year knowing that we were not that much better than them if at all. With that being said it looks like we are going to drop a decade bomb on them.

When they were riding the crest of their 5 game streak

Jun 28, 2017, 12:49 PM

the cooties were asking if we could ever beat them again. At the time most of them thought they were too strong, perfectly positioned for the future and that Clemson's ACC opponents were about as tough as playing in the Southern Conference.

Many of our fans are using the same arguments today only in our favor.

Yes, they will beat us again. I'd like to make our streak at least 10 in a row before it happens though.

Re: When they were riding the crest of their 5 game streak

Jun 28, 2017, 1:07 PM

I agree with you. I've been around long enough to see so many things turn in sports. However, I could see what Dabo was building and knew their time was running out after the #4. I don't know about you but I was absolutely stunned by #5. I knew we had the better team. So did Spurrier and he called Dabo to let him know it. All this to say that anything can happen but a decade bomb looks attainable at this point. That should take us through Muschamp's tenure and into the next guy's. If Dabo is still here that guy will probably have to build a couple of years to catch up given the current state of recruiting. But again it's sports anything can happen. Here's to hoping they never beat us again though:)

Totally agree about being stunned at #5

Jun 28, 2017, 5:22 PM

Spurrier got into Boyd's head in the 2013 game. The only other time I saw him that unraveled was the FSU debacle earlier that season. The unforced errors he made in the second half cost us that game and drove me up the wall.

For that matter, I felt like we were evenly matched on the field in 2012 but got completely out coached on the sideline. That was Venables first year and he had not yet gotten our defenders to completely buy into his ways. You could see his frustration on the sideline as he watched Dylan Thompson carve up our out of position defense. Venables was so beside himself that I was scared he might leave town without giving us a second season.

The silver lining from the 2012 game was this - that was the last time I saw Dabo get completely out foxed by a more experienced coach. The losses we've had since then (and there haven't been many) were the results of poor play by an individual, a team chemistry issue or an occasional coaching call that caught us off guard i.e. Saban's onside kick. The ability to not repeat the same mistake twice is one of Dabo's best qualities.

That should bode well for the future.

^ Not All In

Jun 28, 2017, 1:46 PM [ in reply to When they were riding the crest of their 5 game streak ]

;)

Ever, yes.... Anytime soon? NO!***

Jun 28, 2017, 1:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2017, 2:14 PM

As fun as it is to think that way.. it can all change really fast. They were saying the same stuff in 2013. I know we have a better foundation than 2013 SCar did.. but it can change fast. Lets just enjoy where we are right now.

Jun 28, 2017, 2:15 PM

I just want to take my socks off before it's done.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

I don't see how.***

Jun 28, 2017, 2:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic