Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Since I ain’t 19B and can’t afford a big ole prime beef brisket.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 408

Since I ain’t 19B and can’t afford a big ole prime beef brisket.

Nov 17, 2020, 12:55 PM

Or for that matter an entire brisket at all. So I’m going to attempt to smoke 2 chuck roasts on Friday. I have some experience. I’ve done the research, and it’s been done many times before me. Any chance any of you fellers have done this with chuck roast before? You got any suggestions?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did something like this back in June.

Nov 17, 2020, 12:59 PM

I used Butt Rub and some Worcestershire. Dipped in the Worcestershire then coated with the Butt Rub. Came out too #### salty to eat.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have done a great chuck roast recipe

Nov 17, 2020, 1:00 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrWZ74mOTTA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha! I live the Wolfe Pit.

Nov 17, 2020, 1:08 PM

Mostly for his gangster reviews of frozen meals. Dude’s hands are really showing the progression of his disease in that video. I’ll give it a full watch when I have the time. I’m thinking of trying a recipe that isn’t pulled chuck roast. But rather, cooking it exactly like a brisket. Then slicing it and serving it alongside the usual accoutrement. You know, pork ribs, whole chicken, and whatever other meat may be deemed affordable on that grocery trip.

Well, definitely report back with pics.

Nov 17, 2020, 1:26 PM

I am thinking this meat has to go low, slow and long to get tender. Maybe if you let it cool a lot then try to slice it.

Will be interested.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Since I ain’t 19B and can’t afford a big ole prime beef brisket.

Nov 17, 2020, 1:07 PM

meant to share this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHLTtExMzr4&t=1s

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

of course

Nov 17, 2020, 1:11 PM

crock pot

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/16346/maries-easy-slow-cooker-pot-roast/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Go on! Get! Get!***

Nov 17, 2020, 1:15 PM

Re: Go on! Get! Get!***

Nov 17, 2020, 1:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

^^^ This for about 8 hrs ^^^ *****

Nov 17, 2020, 1:48 PM [ in reply to of course ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Low and slow and take your time

Nov 17, 2020, 1:18 PM

that's a tough piece of meat when you go too fast

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I do it all the time

Nov 17, 2020, 2:00 PM

Key is to not let it dry out. I normally wrap it after a couple of hours in the smoke and take it all the way to 200.

It really depends on the fat and connective tissue arrangement on whether you can get good slices or not. Either way, it tastes real good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

This is the tidbit I was looking for.

Nov 17, 2020, 2:13 PM

Thanks!

Replies: 12
| visibility 408
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic