Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To the naysayers who are lurking and not posting tonight
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 108
| visibility 1

To the naysayers who are lurking and not posting tonight

Nov 10, 2019, 8:34 PM

you should know that we beat a really good Colgate team today. They are considered by some to be the best mid-major team in the country this year. They returned 4 of 5 starters off of last year's team, which won the Patriot League and gave #2 seed Tennessee all they could handle in the NCAA Tournament. They also have the returning conference player of the year (Rapolas Ivanauskas) as well as freshman of the year (Justin Richardson).

We didn't play perfectly, but a few things stand out:

1. We forced 18 turnovers.
2. We converted those 18 turnovers into 30 points.
3. Our bench outscored theirs 17-2.
4. We shot over 50% from the field.
5. We shot over 70% from the line.
6. We scored 46 points in the paint.

What is probably most encouraging, as nctigs mentioned earlier today, our starting backcourt of true freshmen Dawes and Hunter combined for 26 points (on 10-18 shooting), 5 assists, 4 rebounds, and only 2 turnovers.

We obviously have some things to improve upon, but today's win was a very good one against a very solid Colgate team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Absolutely

Nov 10, 2019, 8:47 PM

They held together when Colgate started raining 3's and we weren't shooting them well. We used our quickness off the bounce to get in the lane and really disrupt them on defense.

Thought Mack and Simms, even Scott, led in effort and it was contagious. Really solid win.

Now, two games to hopefully iron out some kinks before a tourney we may have a shot to win in Vegas

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To the naysayers who are lurking and not posting tonight

Nov 10, 2019, 8:47 PM

Good points. But you should stop why you are ahead. Many fans will not give credit to the team until they win 8 or 9 straight games to make up for the Virginia Tech loss. The frustrating thing is if they had played as well as they did in that game as they did today they would have beat VT hands down. Got to win these games they are favored in because it's going to get tougher soon. My hope is that the Colgate win gives them a lot of confidence. If they were a little rusty after winning WGs over the summer, this win should hopefully bring the good vibes back. If we can win all our non conference games except for one maybe two at the most and get Bahre and Trapp back and contributing before the ACC season starts fully we might be in position to have a good season.

Nov 10, 2019, 8:52 PM

Wonderful to hear, JK! I had missed it.

Just goes to show (imo) that Coach Boeheim was right. Sure, everyone has the same disadvantage, but playing a conference game to open the season is a silly and unnecessary concession to the marketing dept.

Of course, the opposite could also be true: by playing a better level of competition first, the young players were forced to mature.

This team has loads of potential. One aspect of last year's team that was so discouraging was that they seemed to have maxed out their potential.

Defense looked better than I've seen in a while. Missed

Nov 10, 2019, 8:59 PM

Some free throws but made them down the stretch. I had gotten used to us being a good free throw shooting team

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the update.

Nov 10, 2019, 9:01 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Nov 10, 2019, 9:42 PM

Oh brother.........is about all I can say about this post.......Go Tigers!!!!!!

I wanted to update the posters who aren’t here tonight.

Nov 10, 2019, 9:47 PM

It’s amazing how many people were here whining and complaining about our basketball team after the Virginia Tech game. Some of those people were still here after we beat Presbyterian, saying that we learned nothing from that game.

Well, we just beat a very good Colgate team, and none of those people are showing up to congratulate our team and discuss the win. It really shows their true colors.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Congrats, Brad. Now get to practice.***

Nov 11, 2019, 2:07 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I failed to mention that it was tied late in the game

Nov 10, 2019, 9:44 PM

and we completely took over to win by double digits. Nice to see that kind of effort in crunch time, with a good result to show for it.

The downside to pulling away as much as we did late is that it won’t show up as a “close win” that some here like to focus on. I prefer today’s result!

Re: I failed to mention that it was tied late in the game

Nov 11, 2019, 12:05 AM

I watched the highlights and it looked like less than 100 people saw the game. How small was that crowd? I know it’s a November game but I fear Littlejohn will never be the intimidating gym it was at one time.

It was a pathetic crowd.

Nov 11, 2019, 1:31 PM

Announced attendance was about 5600 but there weren't nearly that many people there.

That's surprising.

Nov 11, 2019, 1:38 PM

With us playing such a big time, highly regarded opponent and all.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

They aren't a big time program.

Nov 11, 2019, 1:50 PM

But they are a good mid-major. I wouldn't expect the average Clemson basketball fan to know that, as evidenced by the responses here.

"They are considered by some to be the best mid-major team

Nov 11, 2019, 2:30 PM

team in the country this year." ~ Judge Keller (And pretty much no one else in the country)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

This point is what I liked most about the game

Nov 11, 2019, 10:09 AM [ in reply to I failed to mention that it was tied late in the game ]

Colgate got back in it, then we seemed to dial it in and pull away.

Clemson

Nov 10, 2019, 9:48 PM

You are absolutely pathetic.

Nov 11, 2019, 9:59 PM

Get him.

Nov 10, 2019, 9:52 PM

Some people will simply accept your ridiculous assertions but the reality is that we pulled away late from a sub 100 ranked mid major. You’re absolutely ridiculous and increasingly come off as a paid social media shill for a middling basketball coach. Just stop it.

It’s funny that you are so bothered

Nov 10, 2019, 10:05 PM

by the fact that I support our basketball program and believe in our players and coaches. If that is what you call “pathetic,” then I’ll keep being pathetic no matter how much you hate it.

By the way, your cute little rankings there are based on ONE game Colgate played so far this season prior to today. Do you really think people are that stupid to believe your fake news?

Re: It’s funny that you are so bothered

Nov 10, 2019, 10:10 PM

You’re just lying at this point though. Colgate is not a vaunted mid-major program. It is a complete fallacy. The Patriot conference, once a non-scholarship conference and bastion of amateurism, is now simply one of the 5 worst conferences in D1 basketball. Restricted by admission criteria and unable to compete with the economic need packages of the Ivy League they have been crippled. You don’t know and/or care about this because are simply a Brownell shill. But your OP is a fallacy designed solely to deflect from yet another disappointing start to another inevitably disappointing season.

The people here who follow and support Clemson basketball

Nov 10, 2019, 10:17 PM

will also tell you that Colgate is a good team and that today’s win was a good one. They will also tell you that Colgate is likely better than Virginia Tech this year. It’s not just me making this stuff up.

In addition, their results from last year, and the fact that they return 4 of 5 starters (including last year’s conference player of the year as well as their conference’s freshman of the year) are also true statements. You are welcome to look up that info since you don’t believe me.

It’s sad that you are so determined to undermine and criticize our basketball program, to the point that you can’t simply acknowledge a nice win today. There was a lot in today’s game to be pleased with, yet it seems that you can’t even enjoy it.

Re: The people here who follow and support Clemson basketball

Nov 30, 2023, 7:13 PM

This entire post is a deflection from your lies about this game. How I respond to you and those lies is unrelated to my enjoyment of the basketball game. Congratulations on gaslighting and using straw man arguments in the same thread. You earn an A+ on using the internet for ill-gains.

Nov 10, 2019, 10:24 PM [ in reply to The people here who follow and support Clemson basketball ]

Colgate is probably not at good as VT talent wise but they are certainly a top notch mid major and proved last year that they can play with the big boys. Have about 3 games that were 10 points or less against some major programs. It was a good win and great to see our starters play so well. TCU will most likely be a tougher matchup but this was not a team anywhere near the level of PC. They are a solid team and we played great in the last 3 minutes which is awesome to see!!

Nov 11, 2019, 10:03 PM

So we dance when we beat a mid-major. Oh joy

Nov 10, 2019, 10:18 PM [ in reply to It’s funny that you are so bothered ]

if this year’s actual ranking is “fake news” what is the fact that they ended last season ranked 135th? You said they were one of this year’s “best mid-major teams.” Anything to back that up or just want to admit you straight up made it up to try and white-wash that VT loss.

You really should do some research before posting such vitriol.

Nov 10, 2019, 10:29 PM

Here is one example of their reputation as one of this year’s best mid-majors:

https://gocolgateraiders.com/news/2019/11/5/mens-basketball-raiders-ranked-in-college-insider-mid-major-top-25.aspx

Re: You really should do some research before posting such vitriol.

Nov 10, 2019, 10:44 PM

Lol - their house promo is your best offering. GoColgate says Colgate is maybe not bad. Shocking.

LOL, seriously?

Nov 10, 2019, 11:16 PM

You do realize that the article I linked from Colgate’s site was based on an actual objective ranking, right?

Here it is for you:

https://www.collegeinsider.com/mens-mid-major-top-25.php

It’s almost as if you just enjoy disagreeing and arguing.

Yes, seriously.

Nov 11, 2019, 9:09 AM

Even the link within the article is garbage. There are 32 D1 conferences. The term mid-major, while having no strict definition, has nearly always been used colloquially to mean the best conferences in D1 “middle” conferences below the Power 5 conferences. The poll you have found turns that notion on it’s head and leaves out the American Athletic, Mountain West, Atlantic 10, and Conference USA. If you had argued that Colgate was in the top 25 teams amongst the 23 worst conferences in basketball I might not have been so quick to disagree. It’s just pathetic to argue that there are any takeaways for an ACC program playing Colgate. This poll you conveniently found ranks “mid-major” teams while excluding the 4 best mid-major conferences. Your assertions continue to be disingenuous at best.

Re: Yes, seriously.

Nov 11, 2019, 1:27 PM

There ya go, man.

They’re extremely highly regarded, and were just projected as a 13 seed in the NCAA Tournament. They’re an excellent team with a lot of skill.

Thank you, but it doesn't matter to viztiz.

Nov 11, 2019, 1:34 PM

He is determined to bash our coaching staff and players at all costs, as well as the posters here who support them.

Nov 11, 2019, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes, seriously. ]

seriously? How much are you willing to bet they have a sub 100 rpi when this season is over? They were 130something last year and gave you, Judge, and this guy a boner.

Nov 11, 2019, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes, seriously. ]

There are at least 4 mid-majors in the actual AP Top 25 (and I’m not counting the Big East). There are many more also receiving votes. Colgate has 0 votes. Not 1 voter thinks they are even the 25th best team in the country. If many voters think many mid major teams belong in the top 25 and zero voters think Colgate are ones of those teams, then it is a fallacy that Colgate is regarded as a top mid-major program this year.

I'm not sure why you are going to such great lengths

Nov 11, 2019, 3:02 PM

to discount Colgate.

Even if you don't think they are a good mid-major, these facts are still true:

1. Colgate returns 4 starters from a team that won their conference last year and gave #2 seed Tennessee all they could handle in the NCAA Tournament.
2. Their roster includes last year's conference player of the year and conference freshman of the year.
3. We outplayed them in crunch time.
4. We shot over 50% from the field.
5. We shot over 70% from the line.
6. We got a lot of points in the paint.
7. Our bench outscored theirs.
8. We created a lot of turnovers.

These truths are still real, whether you think Colgate is a good win or not. I haven't seen any of your posts pointing out these positives or agreeing that there are some good takeaways from the game.

Have you been able to enjoy our win, or are you too concerned with negatives?

Re: I'm not sure why you are going to such great lengths

Nov 11, 2019, 3:07 PM

None of those truths make them a “top mid-major” which is your repeated, ridiculous assertion. If your OP said, “Colgate isn’t bad for a team from one of the five worst conferences in D1. At least we avoided disaster out there tonight. Looking forward to seeing if this team can continue to improve” then you wouldn’t have been so demonstrably wrong and called out for it. But you post with an agenda. And that is the promotion of Brad Brownell at all costs regardless of recent or historical success. You are willing to distort and misrepresent in furtherance of the goal. It deserves to be called out.

My agenda is supporting Clemson basketball.

Nov 11, 2019, 3:20 PM

The point of my post was to point out many positives from our game against a team that is a very good mid-major. Obviously we are only two games into the season, so it remains to be seen how good anyone is (including us). The "fans" who showed up in droves after we lost to Virginia Tech were nowhere to be seen yesterday afternoon and evening, so I wanted to summarize our nice win for them whenever they felt it was safe to come back.

And I haven't been "called out" for anything. Two links in this thread illustrate that Colgate is well thought of (one was a mid-major top 25, and the other was a mid-major top 10). Those are obviously just two opinions. You clearly disagree with those assessments, which is fine. But it isn't wrong for me (and others) to consider Colgate a good team, and to view our double digit win over them as a good one.

Nothing in my post was a misrepresentation whatsoever. You're just trying to portray it as such because you will do anything to discredit our program, coaches, and players.

Re: My agenda is supporting Clemson basketball.

Nov 11, 2019, 3:44 PM

You’re digressing completely. “ we beat a really good Colgate team today. They are considered by some to be the best mid-major team in the country this year.” This is your opening salvo and you have still failed to admit it is untrue. None of the links provide really argue this and I’ve provide tangible evidence that they are in fact not considered to be the best mid major team. No ones thinks they are on par with Gonzaga, Butler, VCU, Utah State, or St. Mary’s. Yet you claimed “they are considered by some” to be better than these teams. You were letting all of us who take basketball so much less seriously than you know that Colgate was really for real. Because it Would be the only reason the stats you proceed repeatedly to brag would have any meaning. But they don’t, because Colgate really isn’t that good. And the fact the you feel any satisfaction in bragging about the inner workings of a win by a 10th year ACC head coach over a Patriot League team at home says more than I can continue to stomach about the state of our basketball program.

You do realize...never mind, 'cause you don't

Nov 11, 2019, 4:19 PM

You made JK's real point, right?

Sure, you're real smart, and made some great arguments, and proved...I'm not sure what.

But the bottom line is that JK won the crowd.

And she is already ahead of you in the next argument.
You failed to support Clemson basketball.
You criticized a fan for doing nothing but supporting Clemson basketball.
You then doubled down by criticizing the quality of our opponent.
Then you criticized the credibility of sources.
Then you belabored the correct terminology to use when describing the disparate levels comprising the 360+ D1 basketball programs.
Then you went back to criticizing ALL of the fans supporting Clemson basketball.

Maybe I got bored, but i never read your support of Clemson basketball in the entire thread.

The fact that this thread pulled you out of your ivory tower to comment made JK's entire argument: even when we win, you're more interested in criticism; therefore, we are free to disregard your criticism even when we lose, because she has just proven it to be a constant, invariable factor.

You, sir, are not a credible critic.

Re: You do realize...never mind, 'cause you don't

Nov 11, 2019, 5:10 PM

“ You failed to support Clemson basketball.”
You have no idea how I do / don’t support basketball or Clemson athletics. Hasn’t been relevant to this thread.
“ You criticized a fan for doing nothing but supporting Clemson basketball”
I criticize a poster for posting false information then continuing to double down on said false information.
“ You then doubled down by criticizing the quality of our opponent.
Then you criticized the credibility of sources.
Then you belabored the correct terminology to use when describing the disparate levels comprising the 360+ D1 basketball programs.”
All of this is fairly redundant but all of it goes to the heart of the OPs efforts to mislead.
“ Then you went back to criticizing ALL of the fans supporting Clemson basketball.”
Not aware of any statement I made that would make this remotely true.

As for the rest - I challenge you to find a single post in my entire history on Tigernet critical of a coach or player. You will find replies when I find other’s statements to be objectionable - usually based on outright fallacies.

Seems to me you simply share the OPs enthusiasm for the current state of basketball and won’t be swayed by, you know, facts or the meaning of words otherwise. You’re entitled.

Re: I'm not sure why you are going to such great lengths

Nov 12, 2019, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm not sure why you are going to such great lengths ]

Wow you're really obsessed with this arent you? Anything to bash the team huh?

GO TIGERS

Re: You really should do some research before posting such vitriol.

Nov 11, 2019, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Re: You really should do some research before posting such vitriol. ]

GOOD OLD VIZ. ONE SAD SAD GUY. NO ONE HAS A GUN TO YOUR HEAD MAKING YOU WATCH THIS SORRY PRODUCT. I UNDERSTAND HALLMARK IS ALREADY DOING CHRISTMAS MOVIES. WHY TORTURE YOURSELF. MAYBE SOMEDAY WE WILL HAVE A PRODUCT THAT MAKES YOU PROUD.

You really should do some research before posting such vitriol.

Nov 10, 2019, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: It’s funny that you are so bothered ]

Here is one example of their reputation as one of this year’s best mid-majors:

https://gocolgateraiders.com/news/2019/11/5/mens-basketball-raiders-ranked-in-college-insider-mid-major-top-25.aspx

Nov 11, 2019, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Re: It’s funny that you are so bothered ]

When you google Colgate basketball their wimmenz team comes up. Can’t find info on men’s team.

Nov 10, 2019, 10:00 PM

Really good points. I was very pleased with the game and thought we played well. Colgate was really good shooting the 3 which worried me some.

We showed some real grit today. :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah Yes, there he is.....

Nov 11, 2019, 8:25 AM

Beat your chest at a win, no matter who it's against. And defend your precious with nonsense when we lose, no matter who it's against.

Different year, same jk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

It's too bad you can't find any positives from our win.

Nov 11, 2019, 1:35 PM

Do you live your life focusing on the negatives, or are you just that way when it comes to Clemson basketball?

OMG the irony

Nov 11, 2019, 1:40 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Orange-overalls-is-a-poor-look-in-any-year-really-26155874

I don't think you understand what irony is.

Nov 11, 2019, 1:46 PM

Please try again.

Here's a visual aid...

Nov 11, 2019, 1:55 PM

LOL, that's not even close.

Nov 11, 2019, 2:01 PM

The equivalent to the whining and negativity I see posted here about Clemson basketball (which includes complaining about virtually all aspects of the program, including coaches, players, and opponents, ad nauseum) would be if I complained about every Clemson tradition with zero positivity.

If I had been posting that I disliked running down the hill, the paw, the singing of the alma mater, Tiger Walk, etc., and I did it over and over, and my dislike of those things kept me from finding any positives about our traditions whatsoever, THAT would be equivalent to how many of you view our basketball program.

Surely you can see the difference.

Carry on.

I'm only replying to have the last word.

Nov 11, 2019, 2:13 PM

Surely you understand.

There were plenty of positives, but your nonsense isn't one

Jan 17, 2016, 7:59 PM [ in reply to It's too bad you can't find any positives from our win. ]

of them....

I also haven't focused on any of the negatives, but hey keep your false narrative going...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Great, so what were your positive takeaways from the game?

Nov 11, 2019, 2:47 PM

I must've missed that post.

Hello?!? Still waiting...***

Nov 11, 2019, 9:46 PM

Nov 11, 2019, 9:13 AM

It’s sad that you are so determined to undermine and criticize overalls, to the point that you can’t simply acknowledge a nice tradition. There was a lot in Clemson's pageantry to be pleased with, yet it seems that you can’t even enjoy it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Nov 11, 2019, 1:37 PM

Back to copying the material of others?***

Nov 11, 2019, 2:01 PM

Colgate has less than 3000 undergrads***

Nov 11, 2019, 9:24 AM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Colgate has less than 3000 undergrads***

Nov 11, 2019, 9:32 AM

n/m

Our win over the University of Toothpaste should be honored

Nov 11, 2019, 9:34 AM

Maybe we should hang a banner or start a basketball graveyard.

Re: Colgate has less than 3000 undergrads***

Nov 11, 2019, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Colgate has less than 3000 undergrads*** ]

Thanks for weighing in.

Nov 11, 2019, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Colgate has less than 3000 undergrads*** ]

Since 1974 - 1975, Colgate has had 9 seasons where they...

Nov 11, 2019, 9:55 AM

finished better than .500. I guess someone, somewhere, can say they are good now but...

They have won their conference tournament 3 times, in their entire history.
They have won their regular season conference title 4 times, in their entire history.
They are 0-3 in the NCAA Tournament, all time.
They are 0-1 in the CBI, all time.

I'm not a CBB naysayer, but your claims are suspect.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/colgate/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colgate_Raiders_men%27s_basketball

But I heard they are considered to be the best mid-major

Nov 11, 2019, 10:01 AM

from this old guy that was yelling at clouds.

Yeah, that may be true, smarty pants, but

Nov 11, 2019, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Since 1974 - 1975, Colgate has had 9 seasons where they... ]

they do make good toothpaste.

Cute history lesson.

Nov 11, 2019, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Since 1974 - 1975, Colgate has had 9 seasons where they... ]

Why are you going to such lengths to discount our opponent, and minimize our win over them?

It seems he's trying to discount

Nov 11, 2019, 1:48 PM

your exuberance over beating a middling mid-major team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I'm not allowed to celebrate a win?

Nov 11, 2019, 1:52 PM

I never claimed that Colgate is a powerhouse major program, but they are a good team and it was a good win for our program, especially after our disappointing loss to Virginia Tech.

You celebrate a Clemson win by attempting to call out

Nov 11, 2019, 2:00 PM

Clemson fans?

Awesome.

You seem to play the victim role a lot.

Nov 11, 2019, 2:05 PM

You said my post about orange overalls offended you. Now you're saying that my post about the Colgate win offends you.

Link to where I said you offended me?

Nov 11, 2019, 2:21 PM

I'll add that to the list of things you were wrong about.

1) That time you thought people would agree it was time to get rid of overalls.
2) That time you said I gave you a TD.
3) That time you said Colgate was a good program, best in the country even.
4) That time you said I said your post about overalls offended me.

This list is far too short.

Nov 11, 2019, 2:27 PM

There you go, making it personal again.***

Nov 18, 2016, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Link to where I said you offended me? ]

There you go, being wrong again.

Nov 11, 2019, 2:43 PM

At this point, it may be easier for me to track and list the things you're right about.

Do you keep these accurate tabs on everyone here

Nov 11, 2019, 2:49 PM

or just me?

I'm trying to see how flattered I should be.

And that's the difference between us...

Nov 11, 2019, 2:58 PM

my tabs are accurate.

LOL okay.***

Nov 11, 2019, 3:03 PM

You said it.

Nov 11, 2019, 3:05 PM

Unless you're saying you were wrong about that too?

Re: You celebrate a Clemson win by attempting to call out

Nov 11, 2019, 4:24 PM [ in reply to You celebrate a Clemson win by attempting to call out ]

Duh....it worked.

What worked?***

Nov 11, 2019, 4:32 PM

it

Nov 11, 2019, 5:20 PM

I have to admit, you are really good...

Nov 11, 2019, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Cute history lesson. ]

at being wrong.

This has nothing to do with our opponent. I am going to these lengths, which are not great, to discount you, and minimize your argument, because you chose not to do any research prior to calling out fellow Clemson fans.

I wasn't calling out real Clemson fans.

Nov 11, 2019, 2:08 PM

I was highlighting our win (which was a good win over a very good mid-major team) for those "fans" who failed to show up on TigerNet. These are the same fans who posted a LOT after the loss to Virginia Tech talking about how awful we are. Some of these fans showed up after the PC win to say that we couldn't take anything away from that win. After the Colgate win, literally none of them were here.

My "argument" is that we had a nice win with a lot of positives. Are you able to focus on those positives yourself?

Please compose a list of the fans you are talking about...

Nov 11, 2019, 2:17 PM

Then use that list to send them tmails.

Spare the rest of us from your whining.

Thank you.

You're confused. I'm not the one whining.

Nov 11, 2019, 2:45 PM

I'm celebrating a win, and a nice performance by our team.

The whiners are the ones who:

-Complain about our team after losses
-Minimize our wins
-Dwell on negatives
-Fail to focus on any positives whatsoever

You have gone to great lengths in this thread to criticize Colgate, our team's win, and even me for posting about it. Your mom must be proud.

I criticized you for...

Nov 11, 2019, 2:57 PM

being wrong again.

And by the way, please provide a link to where I've ever criticized our team's win or Colgate. Two more things you're wrong about. In fact, you're just making stuff up at this point. And now you throw in my mom, and how proud she must be? Did you really think that would work?

Go back to cheese, wine, and luxury cars, because trolling me isn't your game.

On a scale of 1-10,

Nov 11, 2019, 3:29 PM

how proud would you say your mom is?

Of me?

Nov 11, 2019, 3:32 PM

10+

Hey Judge

Nov 11, 2019, 10:23 PM [ in reply to I wasn't calling out real Clemson fans. ]

Nov 11, 2019, 10:00 AM

Good grief. This is just sad on so many levels. Continuing this line of thinking/logic simply negates everything that I stand for, and condones the annual failures that we have witnessed. I'm not sure how much pain the CLEMSON fan base must endure prior to action on the part of our administration (AD). These people are paid lots of money and not providing a good ROI. I think the judge is a good person and a great fan for his continued support, but maybe fails to simply see how business works in the real world. I wish the best for all, but have my doubts as the nonsense seems to have no end.

It's sad to celebrate a win over a good mid-major team?***

Nov 11, 2019, 1:43 PM

Nov 11, 2019, 10:06 AM

Colgate?

We're talking about Colgate?

Nov 11, 2019, 10:52 AM

I'm behind the team 100%! Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Judge Keller will be the judge of that...

Nov 11, 2019, 2:04 PM

1) Do you wear overalls?
2) Are you opposed to fellow Clemson fans wearing overalls?
3) Do you agree that Colgate is a top program despite what the data suggests?
4) Do you enjoy luxury cars, wine, and cheese?

That’s cute, Brad. Talk to us when you’re above .500 in the ACC.***

Nov 11, 2019, 2:06 PM

For some reason this thread reminds me of another judge...

Nov 11, 2019, 2:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

while we’re on the topic

Nov 11, 2019, 2:34 PM

of how terrible Judge is, am I the only one that thinks his username is ridiculous and disrespectful. Unless you have permission to use that name you should keep it out your mouth. It’s not even a variation - you just straight up stole the name of a famous Clemson personality.

I was going to use viztiz, but it was already taken.***

Nov 11, 2019, 2:42 PM

Re: I was going to use viztiz, but it was already taken.***

Nov 11, 2019, 3:11 PM

Viztits was on my short list too.

Re: I was going to use viztiz, but it was already taken.***

Nov 11, 2019, 3:11 PM [ in reply to I was going to use viztiz, but it was already taken.*** ]

Weird because it’s slang for Vag*na Tickler and your mom gave it to me.

Speaking of Judges....

Nov 11, 2019, 6:17 PM

Re: Speaking of Judges....

Nov 11, 2019, 8:43 PM

My goodness!!! I have laughed so hard reading this thread my sides hurt and my eyes are watering. This was some funny stuff!!!

Poor support of Clemson basketball is no laughing matter.***

Nov 11, 2019, 9:50 PM

Re: Poor support of Clemson basketball is no laughing matter.***

Nov 12, 2019, 4:44 PM

JK- I wasn't laughing at poor support. I was laughing at all the back and forth between you and other posters. Some people posted some funny comments. Get off your high horse bud

It was a joke

Nov 12, 2019, 8:49 PM

bud.

Nov 11, 2019, 9:58 PM

Beat some one with a pulse

Nov 11, 2019, 10:11 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-aFJqZMU4w

This has the potential to be a very good resume win in March. Colgate is far and away the favorite for the Patriot League, and wins over teams in the field are key for at-large purposes.

Solid win...hopefully we can string a few together.

Really like our athleticism. Sims looks great compared to

Nov 12, 2019, 9:46 PM

last season, still have the scoring droughts that will keep us from being consistently successful.

Replies: 108
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic