Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Simple reason Bama was ranked #4
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,013

Simple reason Bama was ranked #4

Nov 4, 2015, 9:24 AM

If LSU wins... they jump us bc they now have the more "impressive" win (total bs). If Bama wins, they are firmly implanted in the Top 4. It was all a play to secure the SEC Wests chances in the playoffs. The committee has proven they are in bed with the SEC West(see last years 1st poll). Go ahead and stack the playoff with SEC teams.... Clemson is the SECs kryptonite!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do think it's interesting that Bama comes out of

Nov 4, 2015, 9:27 AM

nowhere to be #4 with 1-loss and a pretty unimpressive resume (I guess TAMU is their "good" win?) the week before they play LSU.

I'm sure #2 vs #4 sells as a better game than #2 vs. #7 or 8...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are clearly just saving the SEC West

Nov 4, 2015, 9:30 AM

Seat at the playoff table. No other way it can be explained. Im glad im not a TCU, Baylor, ND, UF, MSU fan right now cause id be eating nails.

That plan goes to sh!t if Ole Miss wins out...

Nov 4, 2015, 9:28 AM

Hotty Toddy

You can bet Bama will be in if they win out, regardless of

Nov 4, 2015, 9:37 AM

what Ole Miss does. I so hope LSU beats Bama, then loses to Ole Miss. But just watch, if Ole Miss keeps winning, they will start climbing the rankings ladder so fast your head will spin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't believe you are correct

Nov 4, 2015, 9:47 AM

If Bama and Old Miss wins out, a two loss SEC Champion will get the nod over a one loss Bama. At that point, Old Miss will have much more quality wins, including head-to-head, vs Bama. Saying all of that, I could see the SEC getting left out with a two loss champion over an undefeated BIG12 champion (Baylor or TCU), a Big10 undefeated champion (Iowa, Mich St, Oh St), one loss Stanford and undefeated Clemson.

Re: Simple reason Bama was ranked #4

So what happens to the SEC West when LSU wins on Saturday then loses to Ole Miss. Seems to me it could backfire on the SEC. Especially if Ole Miss wins the SEC and knocks Florida out as well. Go Tiger. Win we're in Baby.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, if that is LSU's only loss, they may still get in.***

Nov 4, 2015, 9:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best scenerio is LSU beats Bama and...

...Ole Miss upsets LSU. SEC likely gets locked out.

Im pulling for LSU

Nov 4, 2015, 9:31 AM

I think Arky or TAMU gets them

Agreed !!!***

Nov 4, 2015, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Best scenerio is LSU beats Bama and... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Simple reason Bama was ranked #4

Nov 4, 2015, 9:30 AM

Bama shouldn't be in the top 8. Their schedule is not difficult and the team that beat them has 2 losses and it occurred in Bama's house. They are the only team in America that gets a free pass on their first loss every year. The eye test argument is a bunch of ########!

I don't see how. Bama would then be a TWO loss team....

Nov 4, 2015, 9:33 AM

So, I guess the ESPiN crew will say we both beat a one loss team......The difference is , LSU beat a one loss team, Clemson made Notre Dame a one loss team.

I'm not buying the rigged committee crap.

Nov 4, 2015, 9:42 AM

They could've ranked us 2nd behind LSU and nobody would've said anything about it yet they didn't. They could've put Florida ahead of ND and some other teams, but they didn't. Fact is the Big XII teams have played NOBODY and don't deserve anything yet. They will get their chance this month.

An SEC team will end up in most likely, but who cares?

Nov 4, 2015, 9:53 AM

We beat them again and that shuts up the whining. We win out and we are in. I don't care who else is there as long as we are. We play our game and we win. Most importantly: BEAT FSU THIS WEEKEND! Go Tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,013
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic