Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Simple Solution to NCAA CBB problem
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,265

Simple Solution to NCAA CBB problem

Sep 28, 2017, 8:58 AM

The NBA needs to allow players to jump straight from hs again. I believe this has been talked about with the players union and I think they may be going back to that in 2 years I believe.

This allows the guys who are actually marketable to a shoe company to skip college and just go straight to the league.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This could have bad results too tho

Sep 28, 2017, 9:00 AM

You'd be removing the best players in CBB from the league. I think it is necessary, but I am gna miss seeing these freaks play CBB.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: This could have bad results too tho

Sep 28, 2017, 9:05 AM

Yes but we’ve had it before. Think about this. The year Lebron came straight out of high school we had Carmelo Anthony and Dwayne Wade coming out of college programs. Some guys will still go to college and you always have your late bloomers

Sep 28, 2017, 9:09 AM

Buddy Hield is another good example. You'd hopefully only be removing roughly the top 10 picks from the draft from CBB every year. Those are probably the only ones good enough to go straight pro.

However, I think a lot more kids will jump early. Especially with the NBA D-League being decently popular. Lots of kids would just go play in the DL for a couple of years and get paid rather than going to college.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Sep 28, 2017, 9:18 AM [ in reply to This could have bad results too tho ]

college basketball is already boring. this would help IMO. Get rid of some of the one and done guys. NBA either needs to let them go straight from high school or make them stay 3 years like the NFL

I'm completely ok with that. I'd love to ditch

Sep 28, 2017, 9:50 AM [ in reply to This could have bad results too tho ]

The special treatment athletes get to get into school and simply watch a bunch of students compete against other students.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Simple Solution to NCAA CBB problem

Sep 28, 2017, 9:06 AM

OR

We could boycott the NFL and NBA until those same people would attend college, obtain their degree, and get a regular job being productive instead of playing children's games. Oh wait...that degree thing. Hmmm. We may have a problem.

Just "thinking outside the box". Don't get your panties in a bind.

Re: Simple Solution to NCAA CBB problem

Sep 28, 2017, 9:08 AM

It would definitely be more beneficial for the guys to earn degrees but it’s not realistic. The nba and nfl are billion dollar businesses. I don’t think we could ever get enough people to boycot it to make any real difference in their bottom line

And that, my friends

Sep 28, 2017, 9:17 AM

is the sad state of our Country. I came from the old school......Family & Country first, not spoiled millionaire brats. And I get the protesting......there have been many wrongs in our great Country, time and place is what I don't get.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

I agree.

Sep 28, 2017, 9:16 AM

Kids that have natural ability and have developed enough skill should get paid for work in their craft. Anything else is slavery. I believe everyone who is capable of college level learning should attend and graduate college but 'one and dones,' get nothing from the experience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,265
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic