Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IF we go undefeated
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 75
| visibility 1

IF we go undefeated

Feb 25, 2013, 4:11 PM

(doubt it) there is NO WAY we play in the BCS National Championship Game with 2 FCS teams on our schedule. I could see us being jumped by a 1 or even 2 loss SEC team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

WRONG!***

Feb 25, 2013, 4:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope....***

Feb 25, 2013, 4:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Auburn got jumped for having 2 FCS schools

back when they went undefeated.

But then again, they also didn't start the season very high and play 3 teams that will be top 10 in preseason.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The obvious caveat...***

Feb 25, 2013, 4:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They started ranked #17 and

Feb 25, 2013, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Auburn got jumped for having 2 FCS schools ]

played 3 top 10 teams during the regular season and #15 ut in the sec champ game.

Who were their 3?

Feb 25, 2013, 4:32 PM

Bama was way down that year. UGA was pretty good. LSU was the normal LSU.

Auburn just never could pass either Southern Cal or Oklahoma who were undefeated. Passing a team ahead of you is tough if they won't lose. No matter how many FCS schools you play. Thats much different than being passed by a team with 1 loss.

Wasn't 2004 also the year that Utah went undefeated?

#5 lsu, #10 tenn, #8 jawja

Feb 25, 2013, 4:34 PM

just a little quick search.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Auburn_Tigers_football_team

Forgot about Tenn

Feb 25, 2013, 4:41 PM

I was thinking that was the year they backed into the SECCG with that 5OT win over UK. That must have been 07 or 08.

They beat Fred

Feb 25, 2013, 5:09 PM

Lorenzen in that game. Lorenzen ran outta gas two,laps before the seventeen green/white/checker at Kentucky Speedway.....

Oops, wrong Lorenzen...

My bad...

Also the two teams that played in the NC where undefeated

Feb 25, 2013, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Auburn got jumped for having 2 FCS schools ]

that year

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Chances of 3 undefeated teams is very slim

Feb 26, 2013, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Auburn got jumped for having 2 FCS schools ]

If we're 1 of 2 undefeated teams, we're in without a doubt. Don't kid yourself.

Now, if we're 11-1? You're right, no way we get in.

IF that's what you want to believe then go ahead

but trust and believe that if we run through this schedule, very possible, then we will be in the Championship game.

Re: IF we go undefeated

Feb 25, 2013, 4:16 PM

Doubtful.. we will start higher in the polls and be in good shape with a UGA win to start the season. If we win out and cap off the season with wins over SC and the ACCCG, we will be in the discussion.

Ohio State will probably go undefeated and be ranked lower

Feb 25, 2013, 4:21 PM

than Clemson. A Pac12 or Big12 undefeated would have a better chance. As always, an undefeated SEC would have preference. Having GA and SCar will pay dividends.

You really think an Undefeated Urban Meyer coached

Feb 25, 2013, 4:25 PM

team would be ranked lower than Clemson? doubtful.

Look at their schedule. Last year's was pathetic.***

Feb 25, 2013, 4:26 PM

Doesn't matter....

Feb 25, 2013, 4:29 PM

They'll start ranked higher and they are coached by a former ESPN employee.

Wrong. Completely wrong.

Feb 25, 2013, 9:06 PM

If CLEMSON goes undefeated, there is no question WE will be involved in the NC. EVERYONE plays teams they should easily beat.

Re: Wrong. Completely wrong.

Feb 25, 2013, 9:10 PM

Will, you seem to be ignoring the possibility that there may be 2 or 3 other teams that are also undefeated. What then? You think we will be chosen over Michigan or Ohio St? Notre Dame? USC? It could very well happen. SOS is everything right now. We need more UGAs on our schedule...

"What then"?

Feb 25, 2013, 9:35 PM

Nobody knows. It all depends on the teams involved, where they started, and yeah, the teams they beat.

It's cool to speculate and all, but has there EVER been a season where 3~4 teams finished undefeated? I don't recall that ever happening. I would say "could very well happen" (3~4 teams) is a stretch. A huge stretch.

Clemson is a highly respected football team and program. We have enough quality teams on the schedule - if we win all of them you can bet your #### we'll be in the mix for the MNC.

Re: "What then"?

Feb 25, 2013, 9:45 PM

Ok then, let's say Oregon, Ohio St and we go undefeated this season. Who do you think will playing Bama for the MNC and why?

So Bama's on auto-load? They better worry about TAMU/LSU.***

Feb 25, 2013, 10:13 PM

Re: "What then"?

Feb 26, 2013, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: "What then"? ]

Why not just say 5 or 6 teams? Why stop with 4?

Chances are, 2 undefeated teams.. at most. That's usually the MAX.

In any event, a undefeated Clemson team will NEVER get passed by a 2 loss SEC team. That dude was smoking some good stuff.

Feb 27, 2013, 7:24 PM [ in reply to "What then"? ]

Auburn, Oklahoma and Southern Cal all went undefeated. Auburn was the odd-man out.

If Clemson is one of two undefeated schools, then they get into the title game. If there are three or more, its a crapshoot. Same as most teams in AQ conferences

Yeah cause there are 3 undefeated teams a lot huh?

Feb 25, 2013, 11:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Wrong. Completely wrong. ]

Name 3 in a year the last 15 years? Bet you can do it on one hand

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There have been 3 or More undefeated teams

Feb 26, 2013, 9:21 AM

4 times in the last 15 years('99, '04, '09, '10). 2 of those years('04 and '09)there were 5 teams.

There have been at least 2 teams undefeated many times. Can you name the last time an ACC team went undefeated? Even though we play in a "weak" conference year in and out? 1999 is the answer.

Can you list all the teams you referred to?

Feb 26, 2013, 9:30 PM

And just for kicks and giggles, can you also state your opinion as to whether or not they're considered at the same level as Clemson? Furthermore, can you define if those teams defeated the likes of UGA, FSU, and USC in the course of their seasons?

Just for example, I remember Marshall was undefeated in 1999. But I don't believe they beat 3 teams as good as Clemson will have beaten if they win them all in 2013. And too, Marshall does not carry the same clout as Clemson. See what I'm getting at?

Assuming your numbers are accurate, I'm going to go ahead and say I think there's a lot more pertinent info behind those numbers.

Hey Anonymous, this is interesting discussion, so

Feb 27, 2013, 12:18 PM

I'm bumping it. Where u at?

Re: Can you list all the teams you referred to?

Feb 27, 2013, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Can you list all the teams you referred to? ]

Firstly, My numbers are 100% accurate and prove the point of the question asked before....

'99- fsu, vt, marshall
'04- USC, OK, AU, Utah, Boise
'09- BAMA, Texas, TCU, Cincy, Boise
'10- Auburn, Oregon, TCU

Marshall, cincy, utah should not be considered on the same level, however, cincy and utah have had some very good teams of recent(historically not as much).

Marshall beat Clemson at memorial stadium to open the season, however, they only beat one top 25 team(#25 BYU in bowl game).

Utah began the season ranked and beat A&M, Arizona, BYU, and Pitt.

Boise '04 beat no one of significance, '09 beat #14 oregon and #3 TCU.

Cincy beat #24 OSU, #21 USF, #23 WVU, and #15 Pitt.

TCU '09 beat UVA, Clemson(at memorial stadium, #16 BYU, #16 Utah. '10 beat #24 OSU, Baylor, #6 Utah, #4 Wisc.

So yes all had good seasons. Some better than others obviously.

So a) rarely do more than 2 teams go undefeated, b) of all

Feb 27, 2013, 4:28 PM

the teams you mentioned, I think it's accurate to say, Clemson garners more national recognition than all of them, and c) if things play out as far as expectations of the other teams on our schedule, then we will have played a more pronounced schedule as well.

So again, insinuating Clemson would get bypassed by a 1-loss team is a stretch at best, and insinuating the same about a 2-loss team is nothing short of absurd.

Re: So a) rarely do more than 2 teams go undefeated, b) of all

Feb 27, 2013, 7:12 PM

I've said nothing abt us getting bypassed by a team with any losses. I'm saying what happens if Bama (or LSU) finishes at #1 and OSU and Clemson are both undefeated? Who do you think the media is going to push to play against Bama in the NCG?

Are you replying to the right message, or is Anonymous08

Feb 27, 2013, 7:54 PM

a scok of yours? Which is it? You're not making much sense bud.

Well, I guess a scok has been outed............

Feb 27, 2013, 10:36 PM

By the way, Anonymous, your scenario,

..if Bama (or LSU) finishes at #1 and OSU and Clemson are both undefeated..

could include any number of teams in any number of scenarios. It's not exclusive to Clemson or ACC teams. It just depends how it all plays out. I told Cohiba that same thing earlier, but I guess it got lost in the handle shuffle.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=13658883

Clemson does not get more nat'l attention than

Feb 27, 2013, 8:03 PM [ in reply to So a) rarely do more than 2 teams go undefeated, b) of all ]

Alabama, Auburn, Oklahoma, Southern Cal, Texas, Oregon, Florida State, and Virginia Tech

surely you were only referring to Marshall, Cincy, Boise State and TCU.

Yeah they do, except for Bama, Oregon and USC***

Feb 27, 2013, 8:55 PM

you're delusional***

Feb 27, 2013, 9:12 PM

and youre an idiot***

Feb 27, 2013, 9:13 PM

good argument

Feb 27, 2013, 9:23 PM

seriously all of those programs i listed have a larger national following/brand. Simple fact

have yall been a better program than some over the past few years? of course, but that doesn't mean that you get more national recognition than them.

Simple. Concise. Undeniable.

Feb 27, 2013, 10:42 PM

What else does one need to settle a debate?

Re: Simple. Concise. Undeniable.

Feb 27, 2013, 11:01 PM

Attacking me doesn't improve his argument that Clemson has more national recognition than those programs listed

Re: you're delusional***

Feb 27, 2013, 9:13 PM [ in reply to you're delusional*** ]

and you are toogie.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you're delusional***

Feb 27, 2013, 9:27 PM

and TigerLow

Are your parents siblings?

Feb 27, 2013, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Clemson does not get more nat'l attention than ]

Try reading the thread a little closer. Better yet, try getting a life. Hanging out on your rival's website, moronically replying in nearly thread, that's not a good hobby for you. Too, someone else you were toogie. Is that true? It sure would explain why you exhibit the IQ of lint.

If Ohio St. And Clemson are both undefeated

Feb 26, 2013, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Wrong. Completely wrong. ]

I guarantee ohio st will be ranked higher. Main reason....Urban Meyer.

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on how things play out.

Feb 26, 2013, 9:31 PM

Then again, they might be the only two undefeated teams..if we're going to speculate and all.

This appears to be a burden you will have to carry alone.***

Feb 25, 2013, 4:42 PM

it would only hurt us if we're being compared to other....

Feb 25, 2013, 4:56 PM

undefeated BCS teams

but a 1 or 2 loss team won't jump us

think about it.......had we gone undefeated this year we would've been in the NCG and we only played 2 REAL teams

What has happened in this world when pheebo is the

Feb 25, 2013, 7:38 PM

voice of reason?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I dont know that we would've jumped BAMA IMHO.

Feb 26, 2013, 9:26 AM [ in reply to it would only hurt us if we're being compared to other.... ]

bama/nd was just to perfect of a game as far as history and media is concerned.

We are about to be BBQing some a$$es in molasses!***

Feb 25, 2013, 4:59 PM

What is with this

Feb 25, 2013, 5:10 PM

IF

Stuff?????

Feb 25, 2013, 5:25 PM

I agree if we go undefeated we will play in BCS game.However with our schedule 1 loss and we are in the Orange Bowl. Unfortunately, if we would schedule D1 schools and rid ourselves of the SC States and Citadels we could possibly lose to GA and still play in title game. I for one hope the day comes that if you want to play in BCS champ game you can only play BCS schools. I would rather see us play Army, ECU, UAB, USF, or teams of that caliber than SC State or Citadel.

Could we just WIN all the games BEFORE we worry about this?

Feb 25, 2013, 7:54 PM

If we go undefeated this year and don't make the BCS title game, I for one will be deliriously happy.

And yes, of course, if we Do manage to win them all, there will be plenty of coulda/woulda/shoulda hindsight, but who cares at this point??

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Could we just WIN all the games BEFORE we worry about this?

Feb 25, 2013, 8:52 PM

Disagree, apex. If we run the table and don't play for the crystal ball, I will be furious. The only way I see it happening is if there is an undefeated SEC team AND a couple media darlings (like OSU, w/ a poor ooc sos) or a traditional power like Michigan or ND who are also undefeated. The SEC team playing is a given. But what abt the other team? Our conference slate, coupled w/ a less than impressive ooc games could put us in a bad spot. If we get left out, all he!! will break loose....that's a stone cold guarantee.

My main point is ... WIN all the games, THEN get mad.

Feb 26, 2013, 12:15 PM

Getting angry over it right now is a huge exercise in futility.

Prove we can actually win all the games we have in front of us, then worry about upgrading to a harder schedule.

Do I want us to have a shot at the title game? Of course, but there is a million miles of "if's" between here and there.

Winning all the games in front of us is a pretty big long shot.

If we go undefeated and get left out, I am still going to be very happy regardless.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong. Completely wrong.***

Feb 25, 2013, 8:44 PM

If I remember correctly...

Feb 25, 2013, 8:59 PM

Clemson would have had only one FCS team on their schedule, The Citadel, but the originally planned 9 game ACC schedule, then its withdrawal messed things up so Clemson had to scramble to pick up SC State.

If we go 13-0 with our schedule no way we get left out.

Feb 25, 2013, 9:45 PM

Sorry, won't happen.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The problem is....

Feb 26, 2013, 9:28 AM

you are banking on FSU and usuc having good seasons too. What if that doesnt happen?

Not that I'm not enjoying this discussion but I'm not gonna

Feb 25, 2013, 10:57 PM

start counting my chickens before they hatch. Let's make it through UGA first. There is no telling what crazy things may take place during the season...

Feb 25, 2013, 11:09 PM

Has an undefeated ACC champ ever been left out?

Not in my lifetime***

Feb 25, 2013, 11:39 PM

It's only happened ONCE

Feb 26, 2013, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: IF we go undefeated ]

in the last 14 years and the landscape of college football has completely changed since then.....The ACC used to mean something...

You're on drugs if you believe that

Feb 25, 2013, 11:34 PM

An undefeated Clemson will not get the nod over a 1 loss team every time. 2 loss is laughable. Tell me you're not that stupid

so you agree????

Feb 26, 2013, 9:31 AM

"you're on drugs if you believe that an undefeated Clemson will get the nod over a 1 loss team every time"

Forgot the NOT***

Feb 27, 2013, 10:56 PM

You're nuts. There's absolutely no way an undefeated

Feb 26, 2013, 6:56 AM

Clemson team (with wins over UGA, FSU, USC, etc) will get bypassed by a 1 loss team let alone a 2 loss team. Lay off the drugs.

Re: You're nuts. There's absolutely no way an undefeated

Feb 26, 2013, 9:15 AM

We will have 3 quality wins over top 10 teams, possibly more wins over at least 2 more ranked teams (ie ACCCG and Ga. Tech?). If /when we go undefeated, we will not be passed over by any defeated team anywhere in the nation. Even a so-called mighty SEC with one loss won't bump us. It just ain't gonna happen. Mark it down.

Look, we all know about the SEC bias

Feb 26, 2013, 9:24 AM

BUT, that doesn't apply to undefeated teams. Any AQ BCS team that goes undefeated, assuming there aren't more than 2 undefeated because that is SO rare, will play for BCS title. That's because going undefeated is so hard, and everyone knows that. Even Oregon, K State, and Bama all lost a game last year. And really, ND lost 2 but they got away with it. If you go undefeated, you will be rewarded.

If we go undefeated

Feb 26, 2013, 9:35 AM

and UGA or SCar wins the SEC, we're golden.

If UGA or SCar wins the SEC east and loses close to Bama or A&M, we're probably still fine.

If we go undefeated and Florida wins the East I could see us getting screwed.

I sincerely hope that we are worrying about that possibility

Feb 26, 2013, 9:53 AM

on Dec. 1, 2013. I would take that. That would mean we had just completed an EPIC football season.

Diasgree..

Feb 26, 2013, 10:15 AM

with wins over Georgia, FSU,SC and an ACC championship to boot...shoot yea you play for a NC.

if you go undefeated.

IMO.

That's according to how many others go undefeated.

Feb 26, 2013, 12:22 PM

Such could happen to anyone outside the SEC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should send the thank you note

Feb 26, 2013, 9:40 PM

to Tabakky Rd as they were the ones who pushed for the 9th conference game so they could play each other more often.

it depends..if uga and usuc..

Feb 27, 2013, 11:59 PM

pull an auburn and stink it up we could get jumped.

Replies: 75
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic