Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU at home
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

FSU at home

Feb 16, 2020, 1:52 PM

We have GT twice, BC, and VT. We only lose 1 and it not be against FSU. Add 2 Ws in the ACC tourney and we will be in imo. Ofcourse that will not be easy but we still have a chance. Not having Trapp early in the year will be taken into consideration when selecting teams imo.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU at home

Feb 16, 2020, 1:59 PM

I'll take that!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2020, 7:46 PM

The problem is that FSU is the most athletic team in the ACC and one of the best coached. I am not a big fan of BB but we have had some terrible breaks this year including injuries. If we fire BB who would take the job and be an improvement? Don't bother giving me ancient history about coaches. Bobby Roberts coached me in rec league and I played against both Ronnie and Pete Maravich in high school.

We need a NET in the mid to upper 30's

Feb 16, 2020, 2:53 PM

to be seriously considered. We're in the 80's right now. I dont see our schedule providing a 50 place jump. ACCT win is really the only way

Our NET was 35 last year and we didn't get in.

Feb 16, 2020, 2:54 PM

That was with a 20 win regular season and .500 conference record.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Yes, we were fringe bubble

Feb 16, 2020, 3:01 PM

which is why apart from an ACCT sweep, the tourney isnt happening this year. NIT is possible with a strong finish, and for this particular team, that's a successful season

Re: Yes, we were fringe bubble

Feb 16, 2020, 7:26 PM

Lots of bubble teams lost this weekend. It's a long shot but I wont give up yet. We still have a 9% chance according to one site lol.

We're not remotely close to the bubble though***

Feb 16, 2020, 10:35 PM

Re: We're not remotely close to the bubble though***

Feb 16, 2020, 10:44 PM

I know we are not but if we win 3 more straight we will start to be there.

Our NET isnt jumping 50 places if we win

Feb 16, 2020, 10:46 PM

6 straight. We are simply to far from the conversation

The bubble teams last year that got in were in the 50s and 60s

Feb 16, 2020, 11:39 PM

ASU was 67. If we won out it would be 7 straight and everyone would be aware that Simms missed ND. We jumped 22 spots already in Net by beating Louisville and Pitt

Re: Our NET isnt jumping 50 places if we win

Feb 16, 2020, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Our NET isnt jumping 50 places if we win ]

Why do you think NET ranking means everything? Like the post below me says Arizona St was 67th last year and got in. We were in the top 40 and did not get in. Ofcourse we could not get in if we keep winning but I like our chances if we finish the year going 8-2 in our last 10 games or so.

Re: We're not remotely close to the bubble though***

Feb 16, 2020, 10:46 PM [ in reply to We're not remotely close to the bubble though*** ]

I'm not saying we are going to make the tournament just saying we have a chance. If we end the year winning 7 straight in the regular season and then have a good showing in the ACCT that would get some attention. It's not just the NET and quad W-L that they take into account. Ofcourse those are huge factors but not the only ones.

That team went 19-12 in the regular season.

Feb 16, 2020, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Our NET was 35 last year and we didn't get in. ]

If we coulda got just one of those at Miami, at NC State, or at Louisville bull crap ending games, I really think they woulda got in the tourney.

Not screwing up in the first round of the ACCT against the wuffies mighta done it, too.

Man, all 4 of those games still p!ss me and off.

~JKB

We were 7-13 in quad 1/2 games last year with

Feb 16, 2020, 11:36 PM [ in reply to Our NET was 35 last year and we didn't get in. ]

No marquee wins last year. Our record would be at or above .500 in those games this year if we wine out. The bubble teams that go in last year over us were in the 50’s and 60s in NET but had at or around ..500 q1/q2 win %. The value last year was clearly on quality of wins vs NET rank

Re: We need a NET in the mid to upper 30's

Feb 16, 2020, 7:20 PM [ in reply to We need a NET in the mid to upper 30's ]

We had that last year and didn't make it. Idk what all they look at but I would think they would consider injuries and that they would consider how you have been playing towards the end of the year. It hurts us that our big Ws are at home and not on the road or neutral. We had plenty of Ls early but that was without our PG. I think if we only have 1 L the rest if the regular season and make it to the semi in the ACC that we have a great chance. Depends on other bubble teams ofcourse. Idk if we could do that or not tho and we have to beat FSU imo. It's certainly a long shot but we should beat GT, VT, and BC imo. We should have beaten ND and WF tho as well lol.

Our schedule simply doesn't provide the opportunity

Feb 16, 2020, 9:32 PM

for the type wins to move up as much as we'd have to. Many teams have had guys hurt. Our 5 game losing streak in Nov-Dec and the weakness of the league overall are going to sink us barring a miracle ACCT run.

That's just the reality

Re: Our schedule simply doesn't provide the opportunity

Feb 16, 2020, 10:18 PM

I disagree. If we beat FSU, split with GT, beat VT/BC, and win 2 in the ACCT we will be in. The bubble is weak this year. NET rankings mean some but having 3 quad 1 Ws, possible 4 if we get one in the ACCT would get us in. Ofcourse that is a long shot and we most likely will not have to worry about who is right or who is wrong but I believe the opportunity is there. Hopefully we win the ACCT and it won't matter lol.

Re: We need a NET in the mid to upper 30's

Feb 16, 2020, 8:32 PM [ in reply to We need a NET in the mid to upper 30's ]

19 wins would include a win over a top 10 FSU team and a top 8 (in acc standings) team. As long as the loss is to VT on the road, 19 wins=in.

So maybe I'm blind, explain to me how Clemson beating Duke,FSU,UL, win a ACCT game, plus win the second one against a team that will be in the top ten (Duke, UL, or FSU) for a 20 win season would not be enough? That has Clemson with 4 top 10 wins at 20-13 if they won out until the semifinals. The ACCT is not needed yet.

Beating anyone other than Duke, UL or FSU

Feb 16, 2020, 9:35 PM

doesn't give you enough juice. The league is simply rated poorly by metrics this year. The ACC is the 5th rated conference, and that's not changing. No team is jumping 50 spots in NET playing who we do

GT and VT on the road are both quad 2

Feb 16, 2020, 11:47 PM

Better actually if u look at NET than the win at Pitt which we took a big leap from getting

Feb 16, 2020, 3:42 PM

We can't afford anymore losses. Especially to unranked opponents. I think 6 wins are needed to make it in.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2020, 8:07 PM

If we play like we did against Louisville we'd beat every one of those teams , including FSU .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I give us about as much chance vs. FSU as

Feb 16, 2020, 8:34 PM

I did against Duke and Louisville so it could happen . Am worried about that Jose dude from GT though - he's hard to stop when he gets on a roll.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just dont think people are realizing what they

Feb 16, 2020, 9:44 PM

are saying could happen. For some of these scenarios to play out, we'd have to win 4 straight league road games, including Pitt. I dont think that has ever happened. Ever. We'd have to beat FSU who is probably the worst matchup in the league for us with their length and athleticism. Make a run to minimum the semis of the ACCT. How many times has that happened in 67 years?

It's one thing to have hope and optimism. It's quite another to be counting on things that would be utterly historic as your route to the tourney.

Re: I just dont think people are realizing what they

Feb 16, 2020, 11:49 PM

I don't think any of us expect for this to happen but we are going to believe it can and are going to pull for it to happen because it can happen. Nobody thought we would beat Duke or UL. Nobody thought UNC would be the worst team in the ACC. Crazy things happen so ya never know. I hope nobody is assuming we are going to win out tho. It's hard to win on the road in any conference and our home game is against FSU which, as u implied, is a bad matchup.

Feb 17, 2020, 5:37 AM [ in reply to I just dont think people are realizing what they ]

It is funny the difference 2 wins make in fan expectations for sure! Getting 4 more wins (including ACCT) and ending up on the NIT bubble should be about the best we can realistically expect this year, and that would be a solid finish for this team.

Feb 17, 2020, 6:01 AM

After the Duke and Syracuse wins the Tigers lost road games. A couple where they didn’t reach 45pts. Inconsistent is the story for this team. Don’t get unrealistic about a winning streak down the stretch.

Simms missing ND- Hemingway being out if he continues

Feb 16, 2020, 11:30 PM

Hot down the stretch will also be considered

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic