Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ESPN analysts break down Isaiah Simmons as top-4 NFL draft pick
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,042

TNET: ESPN analysts break down Isaiah Simmons as top-4 NFL draft pick

Apr 1, 2020, 5:50 PM

ESPN analysts break down Isaiah Simmons as top-4 NFL draft pick

ESPN's SportsCenter special this week broke down the upcoming NFL draft and where Clemson's might be selected. It appears at this point that the Butkus Award wi Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simmons is incredible and I've love to see him go top 5

Apr 2, 2020, 8:19 AM

but the Giants have used their previous two 1st round picks on Saquan Barkley (RB) and Daniel Jones (QB), and they have an awful offensive line. This is a great tackle draft so it seems kind of crazy to me that they would take a LB (no matter how incredible he is) rather than a top-notch LT prospect to protect their young backfield duo.

They can basically take their pick of Jedrick Willis, Tristan Wirfs, or Andrew Thomas. Mekhi Becton is there too and he's an absolute giant with freaky athleticism for his size, but he's less polished and much more of a boom or bust guy.

Back to Simmons.. i wonder if he will be available at #7 and if the Panthers would select him in the event he is still there.

Re: Simmons is incredible and I've love to see him go top 5

Apr 2, 2020, 2:47 PM

He will never make it to #7 and even if he did historically the panthers don’t draft tigers.

I think both are very possible

Apr 2, 2020, 3:18 PM

The top 5 could very easily go:

Bengals - Burrow
Redskins - Chase Young
Lions - Jeff Okudah
Giants - One of the OTs
Dolphins - Tua

Of that group, the Giants seem to be the only team getting any buzz for picking Simmons. After that it's just the Chargers ahead of the Panthers.

And the Panthers over the last two years have gotten a new owner, new GM, and an entire new coaching staff so i put absolutely zero stock in the "Panthers don't draft Clemson players" thing. If anything they would probably love to have a star Clemson player on the team to help draw fan support.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,042
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic